early decision to albany?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AtomicLuv

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all.

does it make any sense to apply to albany as early decision? they agree to give decision by October 26, plus all the other school's deadlines are around December, so if I dont get in, I will just apply to the rest.

the only thing is that I've been hearing albany does not take people with less than 3.7 gpa? My overall is about 3.5 and science will probably be like 3.2 or maybe a little more. so am I basically hurting myself by not applying early to all pharmcas schools and applying ed to a school that will not take me? But I am also applying to a bunch of non-pharmcas schools, and those I could apply to simultaneously with Albany

What do you all think?

I appreciate the thoughts and advice!

:oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I am not going to lie to you.....I wouldn't apply there. I did and was rejected with a 3.4-3.5 depending on how you calculate GPA, a B.S. in biochem and experience in a pharmacy. It is a tough school to get into. I mean they don't look at letters of recommendation even. Plus it's 100 bucks to apply.

my friend is a graduate of their 0-6 pharmacy program. He talked to their admissions this year about a see waiver letter they sent him. The head of admissions said not to even bother nominating anyone like the letter said because they received so many applications, they weren't going to take anyone under a 3.9. I am glad I didn't waste my time.