Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

EARPLUGs

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Character, May 14, 2008.

1. Character

Other Health Professions Student
    hey yall, i did a search, but they were all old and policies may have changed. did anyone use earplugs for the cbt mcat??I used the head phones last year and they didnt work at all. plus, the douche next to me was typing like he had fingers the weight of big foots..

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. l7anxtl7lvln2n

Medical Student
    Took mine last saturday and used the orange earmuffs.

4. Character

Other Health Professions Student
    are these the ones attached to the computers or your own lille ear plugs??

5. Vanguard23

Medical Student
    You can not use them. You can't even bring your own pen, they're so anal about stuff that goes in and out of the test site.

6. MP50801

Medical Student
    Took mine in April 08 and the test center allowed personal earplugs. I called ahead to confirm, so do the same for your individual test site.

7. quiksilver87

Do those things actually work?

8. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    The "sound isolation" headphones they offer didn't work at my center. It actually amplified the sound by creating an annoying echo. They were also very uncomfortable and I ended up taking them off immediately. Call your test center to see if they allow your own earplugs. My test center wouldn't allow them and it's technically AAMC policy to not allow you to use your own ear plugs.