Easiest M.D. schools to get into

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bruh chill, as a Florida resident he has 7 medical schools to apply to which being a resident boosts his chances for. 2 are DO (yes not MD but he's open to DO) for which he fits perfectly with his stats. FSU is an MD that is considerably within reach.

Point is there's so much pessimism here - when there is hope.
Oh if he's fine with DO then nevermind, iirc there are some DO schools with like a 40th percentile median MCAT.

It's actually kind of crazy that doctors are associated so much with brains and prestige, a straight B student with a below-average MCAT most def can have hope if they'll go anywhere

Members don't see this ad.

It's actually kind of crazy that doctors are associated so much with brains and prestige, a straight B student with a below-average MCAT most def can have hope if they'll go anywhere

I'm not sure if you're in med school already, graduated or applying - but if it's the latter I'd keep that ego out of your personal statement
The importance and relevance of your undergraduate stats disappear quickly after you start school and don't reflect on the type of physician you become.

Your attitude goes a long way in the real world.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if you're in med school already, graduated or applying - but if it's the latter I'd keep that ego out of your personal statement
The importance and relevance of your undergraduate stats disappear quickly after you start school and don't reflect on the type of physician you become.

Your attitude goes a long way in the real world.
There are medical schools with median GPAs and MCATs like I described - it's a fact, not an egotistical opinion. And who says I'm not willing to go anywhere myself?

Reactions: 1 user
I don't understand why people are trying to make it look like FL schools somehow like below average scores; this isn't Texas after all. Except for FSU, 3 schools have median MCAT on par with national, and the other 3 have it 2 points higher. Also, our schools tend to like high GPAs.

Having said that the OP should apply to all IS schools regardless. And as for advice on OOS schools, he should post more stats about himself on WAMC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I don't understand why people are trying to make it look like FL schools somehow like below average scores; this isn't Texas after all. Except for FSU, 3 schools have median MCAT on par with national, and the other 3 have it 2 points higher. Also, our schools tend to like high GPAs.

Having said that the OP should apply to all IS schools regardless. And as for advice on OOS schools, he should post more stats about himself on WAMC.
This. All of my friends who got into some combination of UF, Miami, USF, and UCF had 3.8+ and at least a 31. The ones who had below a 30 and had 3.6+ either had more luck out of state, or got into one of the other 3 FL MD schools (which are still awesome schools just to be clear).

Reactions: 3 users
This. All of my friends who got into some combination of UF, Miami, USF, and UCF had 3.8+ and at least a 31. The ones who had below a 30 and had 3.6+ either had more luck out of state, or got into one of the other 3 FL MD schools (which are still awesome schools just to be clear).

im a FL resident as well, what would you say about my chances with a 3.8+ and 30 or below mcat?

im a FL resident as well, what would you say about my chances with a 3.8+ and 30 or below mcat?
"30 or below" is too broad to offer any advice. A 30 is very different from a 27 or god forbid lower than that

Reactions: 1 users
It's hard to say without knowing more about your score and application. Of course there are people who get into all the FL schools with below 30 MCAT, etc. applying early will increase your chances everywhere

Reactions: 1 user
"30 or below" is too broad to offer any advice. A 30 is very different from a 27 or god forbid lower than that

I havent taken the mcat yet so i didnt want to be to specific lol just trying to prepare for a worst case scenario