ECE evaluation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IndianGraduate

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it true that if u call the person/evaluator who is evaluating ur file and ask them to let u 'slide' they will do it? for example, i had 101 marks in DA and if the evaluator uses 101 then my gpa is about .2 pts lower than if he uses 102.....and how do they know how many attempts u passed on?
my gpa with failing attempts is 3.1 and w/out is 3.6
urgent reply would be appreciated!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

is it true that if u call the person/evaluator who is evaluating ur file and ask them to let u 'slide' they will do it? for example, i had 101 marks in DA and if the evaluator uses 101 then my gpa is about .2 pts lower than if he uses 102.....and how do they know how many attempts u passed on?
do u want to apply for reevaluation?why?3.1 is not bad.and how do u know they give u .2pts for 1 mark?

ok i think i didnt explain the situation clearly...so what happened was...in one of the subjects i got a 101/102...that put my % to 50.5%...and ece scale goes above 60% is an A....55-59 is a B....51-54 is a C and 45-50 is a D....so if the guy had rounded my 50.5% to a 51%..i would have gotten a C...instead he rounded it DOWN to 50%...which made a HUGE diff in my gpa...up to .2.....so i was asking if any one had the same situation and convinced their evaluator to round is UP instead of DOWN....get it?let me know if anybody had the same prob

Members don't see this ad :)
ok i think i didnt explain the situation clearly...so what happened was...in one of the subjects i got a 101/102...that put my % to 50.5%...and ece scale goes above 60% is an A....55-59 is a B....51-54 is a C and 45-50 is a D....so if the guy had rounded my 50.5% to a 51%..i would have gotten a C...instead he rounded it DOWN to 50%...which made a HUGE diff in my gpa...up to .2.....so i was asking if any one had the same situation and convinced their evaluator to round is UP instead of DOWN....get it?let me know if anybody had the same prob
They will not round off the percentages even if its 0.0002. You can give it a try if u have time. I had 64.7 in 3 subjects and was given a B, 57.7 and given C in 2 others (65 is A, below 58 is C). Good luck.

Any one please suggest me that again i'm planning to apply ECE course by course evaluation. I had done my ECE course by course evaluation year back but really got very :sleep:low gpa, so if i apply again (without mention that i was applied before) do you think will i get better score then last time.
Is that possible can we apply again to ECE for the same evaluation without inform them i was re-applicant? do they findout when they review our document and application after we submit! What is the fee structure for re applicant?
Becase ECE private sector so they can do our evaluation as many time as we submit right! Please correct me if am wrong!
I appreciate ur suggestion.

hey crazy dentist...how much was ur gpa? what u can do is try to calculate ur gpa urself...my evaluator was nice enough to do it step by step w/ me....so just clal ur evaluator and tell him that u think ur gpa is too low and they should be able to do it over the phone w/ u
if u send in ur stuff to get re evaluated...depeneding on how long ago it was that u got ur 1st one done they will do it free if its within 6 months i think.....again, I AM NOT SURE....so please re cehck with the ece ppl

skabbaraju.....that doesnt sound right at all....if u had a 64.7...u should have goten an A....who was ur evaluator....my evaluator said anything over 60% is an A....and then i think 55-59 is B etc etc etc...51-54 C......u might want to check w/ them again cuz i dont think A starts at 65...it starts at 60%

some one please help, Is it possible to apply again ECE without inform them i was applied before once? Without inform them i'm a re-applicant! apply like a fresh candidate. will they findout my application once they go for review before proccess?I would REALLY appreciate your message.

crazydentaist im pretty sure ur gonna have to call them and ask.

skabbaraju.....that doesnt sound right at all....if u had a 64.7...u should have goten an A....who was ur evaluator....my evaluator said anything over 60% is an A....and then i think 55-59 is B etc etc etc...51-54 C......u might want to check w/ them again cuz i dont think A starts at 65...it starts at 60%
If that was the case, I would have gotten a GPA over 3.5 for sure. In my Dental College, First class is 65%, unfortunately. But what I said is absolutely true, I got 57.5 in 2 subjects, given Cs, 64.7 in 2 given Bs. Let me know if you found out otherwise. I can get my GPA reevaluated. Thanks.

i didnt mean those percentages for ur school..i meant them for evaluation from ece. what was ur gpa?

crazy dentist , the thing you can do about yoour GPA is that, you can re apply as many times as you want.
if you not gonna tell them that you are a re applicant then you have to pay 130$, but the thing is that there should be a gap of atleast 6months, because they keep your transcript for 6 months and after that they discard it.
so better wait for 6 months and then they can do it without you being getting noticed
all the best

only tough people can take tough descions

They must have my name in there system right! When they enter my name then immediately findout am a reapplicant,beause next 10years my name will be their system right!!!!! correct me if am wrong.
crazy dentist , the thing you can do about yoour GPA is that, you can re apply as many times as you want.
if you not gonna tell them that you are a re applicant then you have to pay 130$, but the thing is that there should be a gap of atleast 6months, because they keep your transcript for 6 months and after that they discard it.
so better wait for 6 months and then they can do it without you being getting noticed
all the best

only tough people can take tough descions

Members don't see this ad :)
ya im pretty sure they will have ur name in the system for their record. but u can still tell them that u think there is a mistake in ur evaluation and u would like to get it re evaluated. if its within 6 months, it'll be free...otherwise u gotta pay the $130

well the system has the name and when they punch in, it shows as you being evaluated before so you cant do that. and to re-evaluate the fee is $350 and not $135. i went for re-evaluation coz i didn't send the reappear mark sheets and they gave me low GPA so i called them and asked if they can do something about it. i even tried to call them when i first received the report but they said i have to apply again.

well the system has the name and when they punch in, it shows as you being evaluated before so you cant do that. and to re-evaluate the fee is $350 and not $135. i went for re-evaluation coz i didn't send the reappear mark sheets and they gave me low GPA so i called them and asked if they can do something about it. i even tried to call them when i first received the report but they said i have to apply again.
did u apply for general evaluation or course by course evaluation without reappear marks bocoz i think they dont do course by course evaluation untill u submit reappear marks.
did ur GPA inc. after submitting reappear mark sheets?

Like many of the above posters said, I too will affirm the fact that a 3.1 GPA is good. I got in with a 2.85. So yours is so doable. ECE calculates the GPA from all your coursework including failed attempts.
Just to clarify not everyone in India are graded the same. You are graded in comparison to other graduates from your school.
Let me repeatedly assure you all, unless you have a GPA less than 2.0 don't be worried. People have gotten in otherwise. Don't dwell on what has happened. See what you can change.

i applied for course by course. and they always ask for transcripts whcih shows your attempts. and if we dont submit the reappear marks they dont ask for it and consider that we failed in every subject. thats what happened to me :p and thats why i had to submit it again. i submitted 3 days ago so it will take about 20 -25 days to answer that question about grade increase. but they mentioned in the comments that otherwise my GPA is 3.22.

You could have applied rush($75) service, so that within a week u would have get it the result!.
About to apply Re-evaluation, is it realy $390?
Anyway all the best for ur result.....
i applied for course by course. and they always ask for transcripts whcih shows your attempts. and if we dont submit the reappear marks they dont ask for it and consider that we failed in every subject. thats what happened to me :p and thats why i had to submit it again. i submitted 3 days ago so it will take about 20 -25 days to answer that question about grade increase. but they mentioned in the comments that otherwise my GPA is 3.22.

Sorry is it realy $350 to re-evaluation? How do we can ask for re-evaluation!
when did u do ur first evaluation done? I appreciate ur feed back

ya it is 350 and they said they have mentioned it on the website. and i applied last yr in september... but have to apply and they know i am stuck i need good GPA so... well hehehe

i m really worried coz my gpa is 2.35 i think its too low and and i wouldnt stand a chance what should i do to increase my chances for admission.does observership help?getting a reco letter from a dentist in U.S help?guys please help

well dude.... stay in the came... thats what i would say... we are light from one end,...lets get the other end heavier. it would definitely work to have observorship and all. but i would say its our luck too. god almighty is there he would guide us through.... but if we have reco and observorship it definitely helps