Efficacy of Letters of Intent/Interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scattered

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you've sent them, to what school and what was the response (accepted, waitlisted, or rejected)?

Members don't see this ad.

scattered said:
If you've sent them, to what school and what was the response (accepted, waitlisted, or rejected)?

either rejected or no response. That's not a good sign. Although the one school I did get rejected from rejected me the day after I mailed the letter - so it probably had nothing to do with my LOI. The other schools haven't so much as sent me a invite and its probably too late for one at this point.
(sorry for the negativity)
Anywho, have you sent any letters

scattered said:

I sent one (via email) to my top school a while back; I got a response later that day saying that when they send out their official letters I'd be getting an acceptance letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
javert said:
I sent one (via email) to my top school a while back; I got a response later that day saying that when they send out their official letters I'd be getting an acceptance letter.

I sent two LOIs: 1. I sent one (it was actually a thank you card declaring my undying love for the school and tellingthem I it was my top choice) at the beginning of the interviewing season to one school that I fell in love with...I kind of got carried away with my love for this school.) I received an acceptance letter 9 days after my interview.

2. Then, I interviewed some more...and fell even more in love with another school in the late fall. I sent them a LOI....I got waitlisted and I'm going to send them another one hoping to get off the waitlist.

scattered said:

Sent in letters of interest to HMS NP and HST following my interviews.

Rejected from both! :laugh: :thumbup: :D