EIS 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It still says: all of your application materials have been received. Your application is being reviewed. Check back for an update....
Have no idea if the second wave has issued or not, or there is no second wave of invites.:confused:
Hi Epi1010, I too am in the same boat as you. I contacted the office yesterday and spoke to a very nice lady who told me that they are completing some final task and on Friday Oct. 16th everyone should receive some kind of notification, be it an invitation or a rejection letter. I hope this eases your mind. Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks so much for this information, I'm also in the waiting boat.

Thanks EpiDoc123! I am waiting too. So stressful...
I think next Monday is the first interview day, hope someone could share their experience after their interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys! I am also waiting for an interview invitation. Thanks for the updates.

Hi Epi1010, I too am in the same boat as you. I contacted the office yesterday and spoke to a very nice lady who told me that they are completing some final task and on Friday Oct. 16th everyone should receive some kind of notification, be it an invitation or a rejection letter. I hope this eases your mind. Good luck to you.
Thanks EpiDoc123! Good luck to all of us in the same boat!

What kind of prep are people planning to do for their interview? I am reading the assignments they sent us and looking at the center's website, etc. Does anyone have any other good thoughts?

I've been advised to prepare for one of those "name a difficult conflict at work that you've had to overcome and how" questions. And obviously "why EIS?" and "why the centers you picked?"

Reactions: 1 users
Just checked and did got the notice that no offer for an interview. :cryi::cryi::cryi:
Good luck to the rest who are still waiting! You should get the notification today.

Last edited:
No interview for me either. Good Luck to everyone else!

Same here, no interview this year. Good luck during interviews over the next few weeks!

I would encourage those who didn't receive an invitation to interview to apply again next year. The EIS officers I currently work with, have each told me that repeat applicants receive extra points in the initial ranking.

Good luck to everyone that interviewed today! If you're feeling generous, please share any information or advice that you have learned from your interviews. I think we would also benefit as a group if we can get an estimate to how many interviewees are at each session.

I did not interview yesterday, but I did receive some tips from a few colleagues who have been through the EIS interviews/program. They suggested that I do not spend too much time reading through the assignments document, because we won't be asked to make those decisions at the interviews. Instead, focus on those general interview-type questions that srm227 had mentioned. Have a few specific ideas about what you hope to gain from the program, and revisit your personal statement before the interview day.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I interviewed Monday. It was a relaxed atmosphere, and it was truly humbling to talk to the other candidates. As predicted, the CC option is not finalized for this year's incoming EIS class. They gave us details(pay, etc), but said that there were still negotiations ongoing. Apparently, the CC was affected by the Affordable Care Act. Now, I wait to hear back. The agonizing wait!

I interviewed Friday. I agree with Kev22412 that it was pretty relaxed. The best part for me was meeting the other interviewees, all very nice and easy to talk to. There were about 30 people there-a mix of nurses, vets, phds, mds and I think a few internationals.

I interviewed today and I agree that it was pretty chill. The interviews were very conversational. There were about 30-some people and 10 internationals. All the best to those yet to interview.

To all those that interviewed, when you met the MDs that were there, were any of them applying straight out of residency? Trying to gauge how much experience the MDs usually have AFTER residency before they apply.

Great to hear back from those who have interviewed! One question: where did you stay? I am looking at the suggested Marriott across the street, but it is a little pricey and reviews are not all that positive. I am hoping to stay somewhere a bit close so that if I have an hour or two gap between interviews I can freshen up in the room.

@Solara, the few MDs I talked to were in their chief years. There was one that had finished an ID fellowship. @MEDANTHGAL, I stayed with a friend so don't have any suggestions about hotels, sorry.

@Solara- I met at least one MD who was currently finishing residency.
@MEDANTHGAL- the marriott is a good option since it is right next door and you don't have to drive that morning. It is more expensive and not as nice as I expected but I thought the location was worth it.

I met a couple people who were finishing residency, one who was a chief resident. I stayed with a friend, which was free and fun, but driving in Atlanta is no joke. Good thing I left early to get to the interviews -- my GPS misled me, but eventually I found my way there. The Marriott may be worth it for the convenience!

@MEDANTHGAL The schedule of interviews you get is luck of the draw. Some people had like 3 hours between interviews; in which case it would have been nice to have a hotel room nearby to quickly rest.

Thanks for the info everyone! Yes- Atlanta traffic is no fun, especially if you are on a tight schedule. I do like the idea of being right across the street to freshen up between interviews if I have the time.

Hi all,

Any non citizens here? Anyone went through the clearance process? If so, did you get an email confirming that you were cleared?

Thanks!

The hotel room would be a nice option. I had 2 2.5 hour breaks in my day but basically hung out in the conference room they had for us with the current EISOs. I was pretty burned out from talking all day by the end of it though. If you don't want to stay at the hotel, there is a Starbucks in it you can utilize or a little cafe in the building next door.

Is the pay pretty comparable to market rate?

I interviewed on Monday, When I asked a staff member about time table for notifications, the response was that in previous years applicants that were accepted received phone calls and that rejections were sent via emails. The goal has been to have all of these completed by mid December. The staff member though did caution me and said this year it is possible that either the notification process or the time table could change as the eis administration is new this year.

FYI, telephone calls have started.

Yup, the calls have started. Got mine this afternoon.

Wow, congratulations! The application site says that the selection committee will meet in early December and we will be notified by January 1st, so I was surprised to hear that they're already making the calls. Keeping my fingers crossed!

That's great news, I haven't heard anything yet....not too sure what to make of that. :(

The person that called me said their plan is to inform everyone by next week. So do not fret.

The person that called me said their plan is to inform everyone by next week. So do not fret.
Thank you for the update, it's hard to wait (good or bad) but the time frame is reassuring none the less....

Got the call yesterday too! Didn't get any details on the rest of the calls though. Good luck to everyone!

First of all, many congratulations to the upcoming Class of 2016! I started last year's thread and I'm glad it proved useful to so many--it really helped us to have the support and made seeing ppl at conference and summer course more fun for my husband. I just read through this year's posts and enjoyed a lot of memories about last year's LONG journey from application submission in June to phone calls in December and beyond. I'm jealous your calls are coming so much earlier, and so excited for you! Don't let the delays and things bother you--the EIS Office never gets a break with 160 officers at any given time, many in travel mode, plus those in-coming or applying like you all. It's a lot to manage and they've got a lot of new staff and leadership this year. The good news is, they all want you to succeed, so it'll all work out, although if there's one thing I've learned it's that especially when it comes to travel, things get done pretty last minute...but they do get done and the EIS Office and supervisors really do want you to be happy and succeed. Enjoy your Thanksgiving (and remember if you didn't get a call yet that almost everyone at CDC got off early today and is taking Friday off, so don't worry...except I would have anyway, but still... ;)

I got THE call today, extremely happy and excited!!!! Good luck to everyone.

If anyone hears any news beyond Wednesday (congrats to you all that have been accepted!!!!), please share. I'd like to hold hope that notifications of acceptance are still going out.

Did anyone receive notice that they weren't accepted? I haven't received a phone call, and I would just like to know if I should give up hope or not.

I'm still hoping that based on the short holiday week there are still some calls to be made. But i think at this point no news is bad news. But if anyone from the cdc is reading this and is still making calls, feel free to call me anytime day or night or weekend, i really wouldn't mind if you woke me up, honest. I'll keep my ringer on.
From previous years i think notifications emails about not getting accepted came a few days after all the acceptance and a wait list calls went out. But of course it could be different this year with the new staff.

I'm still hoping that based on the short holiday week there are still some calls to be made. But i think at this point no news is bad news. But if anyone from the cdc is reading this and is still making calls, feel free to call me anytime day or night or weekend, i really wouldn't mind if you woke me up, honest. I'll keep my ringer on.
From previous years i think notifications emails about not getting accepted came a few days after all the acceptance and a wait list calls went out. But of course it could be different this year with the new staff.

Lol, thanks for the laugh in my agonizing state of misery.

On the call they did mention we would get a phone call from HR on the 1st to hear info on the 2 different hiring methods so CC is still an option. On the email sent about that call, there were only about 60 email addresses. Not sure what they are doing about the other 20. Plus nothing has been mentioned about pre-match state spots so people definitely get in off the wait list from that too. Keep hope! Something should probably be happening today

I just wanted to see if anyone had heard anything else regarding acceptance to the program? Thanks.

Does anyone know how to get into the conference call?

Hey ID Doc. The email you mention had the email addresses of the accepted candidates?
Any international applicant has heard anything so far?
Is there a conference call today with ALL the accepted candidates?

Oh boy, I don't like this wait. Boo.

Does anyone know how to get into the conference call?

Call the phone line listed at the end of the email and then enter the ID for the conference call.

I got the call last week. Thank you everyone for posting on this forum-- very helpful!

Hey all... Sorry to insist:

Any international applicants heard so far?

Thanks!

Thanks! Congrats.
Thanks. There were just about 60 email addresses in the call request email. So I think they will still be calling more people. I was told to expect the official acceptance letter today and will have seven days to accept or decline. So I am guessing the calls will continue going out till mid-Dec at least. So don't lose hope yet.

Yah nothing mentioned about internationals. The phone call didn't have anything to do with the EIS program timeline or anything. Only discussed CC vs civilian hiring pathways, though it was still pretty vague. Got the official email last night so people have until Dec 9th to accept or decline. Pre March spots are decided by January so people could likely get off wait list then too.