EIS 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ExpoDryErase

Reaction score
Hello!

Is anyone applying to EIS for the 2023 class? Application opens in about 2 weeks

Members don't see this ad.

Just started my application

I have an MpH and I am currently finishing my PhD in immunology.

Is anyone concerned about their number of publications?

Not sure why this thread is silent this year.

For anyone that's interested, I submitted an application for EIS and LLS. Should be starting to hear back from them soon.
Good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I have also applied, waiting to hear back! Any ideas on timeline?

A current fellow informed me that they should be sending out interview invites within the next 2 weeks.

For anyone that's interested, Just got invited for interview in August.
Congratulations!! I'm surprised it's this early. I was thinking we'd hear back around August. My status hasn't changed in the portal.

Thanks

I re-submitted this year, maybe that had something to do with it.

I am still waiting to hear back from LLS tho.

Last edited:
I applied, still waiting to hear back. Was it a phone call/voicemail for interview or an email?

Any updates from anyone? Also, I can't seem to find the application portal link/login - can anyone share it?

Members don't see this ad :)
The email said by Aug 20th. But previous comment said current fellow said within next two weeks. And that was Jul 12. So who knows!

Reactions: 1 user
Its almost time - let me know if you hear anything on your end!

portal updated with an interview invite!!! I am so happy!!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to all who got an invite! I also received one! I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the interview/writing sample. If anyone wanted to get together and do practice questions I would also be open to that! I feel like its been awhile since I've had to interview for something

Just dropping in to show interest and that I was lucky enough to receive an invite. Good luck on upcoming interviews, everyone!

Just got my interview date email for the 2nd week of September

Just finished my interview.

I think it went pretty well, but I bombed at least one of the questions 🙃

Good luck to everyone. Do you think we'll hear back at the end of this week? I know last year they did it around 9/30 but they told me we'd be notified early October.

Anyone with updates? Anxiety is surely getting to me!!

Accepted, got a call about an hour ago from one of my interviewers!

Pretty nervous. Haven't received any calls or emails yet either. Congrats, Zell!

Congrats Zel!! Do you know if your portal also changed?
Thanks! I just checked and it looks the same. On the call, she said that I should be getting an email later today with more information so maybe tonight the portal will update?

Thanks! I just checked and it looks the same. On the call, she said that I should be getting an email later today with more information so maybe tonight the portal will update?
Good to know, thank you!!

I heard from a contact that calls may go out throughout the day. She hadn't gotten her acceptance call til late afternoon. I've still not heard anything on my end however

I honestly hadn't realized it was going to be through phone calls, this makes me even more nervous!

I heard from a contact that calls may go out throughout the day. She hadn't gotten her acceptance call til late afternoon. I've still not heard anything on my end however
Just got my call, so this is true! Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Do you mind if I ask what time zone you're in? Wondering if they might be staggering based on applicant location

I'm EST time. So about 3:20PM was when I received it.
Well there goes that theory haha. My contact says her year (class of 2022) they were still calling out acceptances through the Monday after, so maybe all hope is not lost for those of us still waiting!

Congratulations to those who got accepted! I am so excited to have earned a spot on the waitlist!

For those who were offered waitlist, has your application portal changed at all? The email said we needed to log in to the portal and declare whether we wanted to stay on the waitlist but my application still just says "writing sample complete"

The portal changed today I think. Mine is different.
For those who were offered waitlist, has your application portal changed at all? The email said we needed to log in to the portal and declare whether we wanted to stay on the waitlist but my application still just says "writing sample complete"

For those who have applied for prematch spots, anybody received an interview offer yet?

Congratulations to everyone! Hoping to apply next year and have a few quick questions in event that I get an interview:
1. From your posts, it seems interviews took place in September. What are the interview dates (earliest and latest)?
2. Do you get to pick an interview date or is it assigned to you?

Hello, I'm trying to find a pdf of the potential EIS assignments from a recent class. There is such a document from 2016 available online but nothing more recent. I'd like to see how assignments have changed post-COVID. Please let me know if anyone has access to this, thank you!