Elementary organic chemistry before Orgo chem 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BiologyJr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a friend that is wanting to know if taking elementary Orgo chem is helpful before taking Orgo chem 1. I am in Orgo 2 rn and never took elementary Orgo so I can’t answer that. Is there anyone here that took fundamental or elementary Orgo chem before Orgo chem 1?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
I have a friend that is wanting to know if taking elementary Orgo chem is helpful before taking Orgo chem 1. I am in Orgo 2 rn and never took elementary Orgo so I can’t answer that. Is there anyone here that took fundamental or elementary Orgo chem before Orgo chem 1?
Didn’t take anything like that, but it sounds like it’s an easier version of Ochem, so I’d assume it helps.
However, how hard is organic st the institution this person attends, and how good are they at chem usually? My point - is taking this extra easier version of organic before taking the real thing necessary for this individual? If most people at the school don’t take it, and this person is at or above average, then I’d just skip it.