Email from Harvard???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kreno

Candy Man
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So... I turned in all my materials for Harvard like... oh... maybe two months ago! And I *JUST* now get this email. Are other people getting this email around now, or have any of you gotten it like months ago and my application, for whatever reason, got backed up? Also... does anyone know when they start interviewing? thanks!

Dear Applicant:

This message is being sent to you from the Harvard Medical School's
E-mail Application Response System (E.A.R.S.)

Thank you for your application for admission to the Harvard Medical
School class entering in September 2003. At this time your application is
complete. It will be reviewed by members of the Committee on
Admissions. If you are selected for interviews, you will receive adequate
notice to make appropriate arrangements in Boston.

Applicants selected for interviews will have been notified by the
second week of January. Offers of acceptance will be made from this group.
All applicants will be notified of our final decision during the last
week of February.

Once again, thank you for applying to the Harvard Medical School. If
special problems come up in regard to your application, do not hesitate
to contact this office. We wish you well in this important
undertaking.

We invite you to contact the Admissions Office with any questions or
concerns. You can use your e-mail program's reply function to send a
message to our e-mail address <[email protected]>, or you
can reach us by telephone at (617) 432-1550, weekdays, 9AM - 5PM
Eastern Time (Thursdays 9AM-10AM and 12PM - 5PM).

Thank you for your interest in Harvard!

Harvard Medical School E.A.R.S.
For admissions questions or concerns, simply use your e-mail program's
reply function to send a message to [email protected].

Members don't see this ad.

i just got the e-mail today as well... like you, i sent in everything long ago... no idea what's goin on but at least it's not a rejection letter via e-mail

Good... that makes me feel better. And true... at least it's not a rejection letter!

Kreno

Members don't see this ad :)
everyone gets one i think - they are crazy slow - my theory is that they want everyone to be seasoned interviewers by the time they come (if they come) to boston. they have 4 mstp dates - 2 in dec, 2 in jan.

Well they hopefully have things under control, but I don't believe I ever got a "your app is complete" message...just the receipt when I paid for the secondary app.

In the next couple days perhaps a call to the office may be in order just to make sure...

Actually never mind...since making that last post I actually received the email in question :rolleyes: .

I got the email today as well. But, I had called about 2-3 weeks ago, and they told me then that my application was complete. So I don't think that the email means that they are just now completing our applications, but rather they just now turned on the "E.A.R.S." system.

I got the email, too. For a second, I was all excited.....alas....

I got it too..........made my heart jump when I saw the subject. I'm sure they decided to send these out now when a lot of us are waiting to hear some interview/reject decisions, just to scare us a little. :p

Chooch

My favorite part of the email was, of course, the completely contrived and unnecessary acronym: E. A. R. S.

They aren't the Department of Defense, so why the need for that kind of weirdness? What next? A. R. M. S. (Applicant Rejection to the Medical School)?

:laugh: I got that e-mail too. But the funny thing is that I got a short personal e-mail from one of the admissions office guys saying that my application was complete a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

don't worry too much about harvard. last year, me and all my friends weren't notified of our interviews there till about the second or third week of january. they were really behind last year.

I haven't gotten that e-mail yet!!

I got the email today too--I had all my stuff into them mid-August too, so I agree that they probably just revved the system up and sent out the first batch of emails.

They've already started interviewing. "Select applicants" received offers to interview between now and Oct. 31. The rest of the interview offers will start on Oct. 10 (3 weeks notice is their standard, so right after the "select" people), supposedly.