Emailing interviewer months after interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southpaw3

Reaction score
I interviewed at my top choice school in late October and was given email addresses for my interviewers, but I opted to send hand-written thank you cards. I haven't heard anything from that school since the interview, so I'm wondering if there would be any benefit to me emailing one (or both) of my interviewers to let them know that I'm still really excited about that school? I know that this school collects feedback from interviewers on the same day that the interview is conducted, so I don't think my interviewer is still in contact with admissions concerning my app, but I'm trying to think of any way to let the school know how excited I am about attending there (they don't accept LOI or updates). I've heard of other people who received emails from interviewers congratulating them on being accepted, so somehow interviewers are aware of which students are accepted/rejected, and that makes me a little more inclined to send an email, but I don't want to be annoying (and I'm not sure what the etiquette is). Thoughts?

TL;DR Contemplating emailing one of my interviewers months after interview at top choice school since I didn't send email thank you note.

Members don't see this ad.

Agreeing with Goro here. Whatever profile your interviewer built for you is probably complete at this point (the schools I interviewed at usually made the interviewers send their info to the adcom a couple of days after the interview while it was still fresh in their minds), and your interviewer might not remember much about you this far out. Also, you already send out a thank-you note, so sending one again would be a little overkill. I'm in the same boat as you in terms of waiting for a school to make a decision on me, so I know that it's easier said than done, but you should get your mind off of the interview. If you really want to impact your application, you can try sending an update (provided that you've done anything significant since the interview) IF the school is receptive to updates. If not, just chill out.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Agreeing with Goro here. Whatever profile your interviewer built for you is probably complete at this point (the schools I interviewed at usually made the interviewers send their info to the adcom a couple of days after the interview while it was still fresh in their minds), and your interviewer might not remember much about you this far out. Also, you already send out a thank-you note, so sending one again would be a little overkill. I'm in the same boat as you in terms of waiting for a school to make a decision on me, so I know that it's easier said than done, but you should get your mind off of the interview. If you really want to impact your application, you can try sending an update (provided that you've done anything significant since the interview) IF the school is receptive to updates. If not, just chill out.

I appreciate the input and sympathy! Now I can stop wondering if I should send the email and move on with my life, haha.

Reactions: 1 user
I’d move on, the thank you card was enough.

Reactions: 1 users