Embrace the Madness - Hannibal WW Part Deux

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Day 3

Ko No Mono

ko no mono.gif

The Stag is gone, but someone else has taken his place. Will thinks he knows who it is, though his dreams make him wonder if he should be looking more...internally. This is what Hannibal wanted all along, what he still wants, as he lurks in Will's mind. Will thought he could stop it, thought with Hannibal dead he would have his life back. But it was too late.

Mason Verger is busy making children cry and using their tears to flavor his drinks. That mission accomplished, he turns to his favorite target: his sister. She is carrying a little problem inside her. Something that would give back a bit of the power that he has taken from her all their lives. And that simply cannot stand.

What Mason does not realize is that Will Graham, day by day becoming a new version of himself, needs an outlet for the monster growing inside him. And it feels good, you see, doing bad things to bad people.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

~~~~~

Tome-wan

tome_wan.gif

The plan is in motion, he just needs more time. Jack Crawford knows now that Mason Verger was seeing Hannibal for therapy sessions. The link has been revealed. Will has called in an anonymous tip about the pigs, knowing that by now forensics will have started to piece together where Hannibal was murdered. It's a backup plan, really. He would rather take care of it himself, but just in case anything goes wrong...well, part of him still believes in the FBI. A diminished part, after all he has been through, but it is there nonetheless. If he fails, Mason Verger will still face consequences.

In his mind, he is doing this for Margot Verger, and for the child that was taken from her. But when he closes his eyes, he sees a familiar smile, and he knows the truth.

~~~~~

Mizumono

mizumono.gif

The most beautiful moment of a true friendship is to understand, and to be understood, with absolute clarity.

Under the guise of another friendly meeting, Will finds himself once again at the Verger estate. Margot is still recovering, sleeping in a room far from the main activity of the house. Good. He does not want her to know he is there. Or why.

"Perhaps we can visit the pigs again," he says, and Mason smiles. He is so proud of his creations.

Soon they stand looking into the pen. Mason is smiling, but Will cannot hear him. There is a rushing in his ears, and then that same voice he has been hearing all this time. He puts a hand in his pocket, grasps the hilt of the knife that has been waiting there.

mizumono knife.gif

Mason is still talking, oblivious to the change that has come over the man standing beside him. Will grabs him, slashing the knife across his belly. Mason's eyes go wide, and Will throws him into the pen.
The pigs are hungry.

@Clem J, who was The Pigs, a Serial Killer who could kill on even nights and was a 1 shot PGO.

Hannibal's voice comes to him again, and this time he does not resist.

Do you believe you could change me? The way I've changed you?

I already have.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
VILLAGE WINS!

Until next time...

Survivors:

1. @Santygrass - The Glasgow Smile - 1x Friendly Neighbor
3. @lucy. - The Woman in Glass - Compulsive Tourist
5. @SARdoghandler - The Cistern - Compulsive Tourist
6. @genny --> @samac - The Dinner Party - Compulsive Tourist
7. @Stagg737 - The Beehive - Compulsive Tourist
8. @mightyrunner7 - The Cave Bear Suit - 1x Watcher
10. @Zenge142 - The Human Mural - Jailer

Dead
2. @potentialsheltervet - The Truth Serum - 1x seer
14. @SportPonies - The Stag - 1x PGO Odd Night Serial Killer
4. @Clem J - The Pigs - 1x PGO Even Night Serial Killer

Subs

1. @Dinashadow
3. @holdthemayo
4. @WonderingStudent
5. @Animal Midwife

Tots
1. @Lawpy
2. @chicandtoughness
3. @miranda920
4. @VeggieTrex
5. @Viscernable
6. @PlumPoppy
7. @Wondalfy
8. @matthirten13
9. @futuredogtor614
13. @Barkley13
utc. @supershorty

• Love
  • Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for playing, friends! As always, I love this source material, and I love getting to write some weird alternate universe fanfiction for it when you guys take the story in unexpected directions.

If I redesigned this setup, I would have made the jailer 1 shot like the other PRs, and probably made the serial killers functional compulsive tourists instead of just telling them that was a cover role option.

Also might have made the PGO automatic lol Sad that neither got used. But I could go either way on that one.

Well-played village, and a nod in particular to @Zenge142 , who managed to jail both of the scum!

And of course, much love to @kaydubs and @justafluff for helping me bring my 50th game to life :biglove:

There is no spreadsheet but feel free to ask questions!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
ABFC

Always Be Fake Claiming

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
So... Anyway there's definitely nothing of note in deadchat, probably don't need to read it

• Haha
  • Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Me going in circles trying to take village points away from people to make someone other than Clem fit:
Panic Omg GIF

Zenges over there knowing full and well he blocked Clem and there was no kill AND Clem claimed to have visited someone and he was jailed so he couldn’t have:
Fox Tv Fire GIF by Bob's Burgers

• Haha
I mean it seemed like y’all were circling Clem, so…
Sure
But it felt to EZ
So santy coming at me I going in and out of paranoia on EVERYONE because that’s what I do and sweating bullets afraid Clem is going to flip village and that I actually might get misyeeted

I was really glad to see Stagg play so clearly village and it not be a sign he was a bad egg.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Sure
But it felt to EZ
So santy coming at me I going in and out of paranoia on EVERYONE because that’s what I do and sweating bullets afraid Clem is going to flip village and that I actually might get misyeeted
It did feel a little too straightforward, brought back memories of Pokemon where people were like, "this can't be the last wolf, can it?" and then it was.

Reactions: 1 user
Also santy, I really didn’t like you talking about not using your ability for spite and saving it for F3 if needed and I felt like you were showboating there. I’m very much a put your money where your mouth is kind of player. I’ve also yeeted stagg as village for a similar reason when he couldn’t use his IC one day. Whoops. Maybe I should learn to trust people.

• Care
Except for... You know.
Definitely be prepared ready to role reveal immediately the second you imply having a OP ability (with no way to prove it currently) or else never hint at all. Especially early game, scum often do this to dance around not actually having to give a true role (like Sporty).

• Care
Ftr I did know that tourist was likely the default role, and I make the how do you do fellow kids joke frequently

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Also santy, I really didn’t like you talking about not using your ability for spite and saving it for F3 if needed and I felt like you were showboating there. I’m very much a put your money where your mouth is kind of player. I’ve also yeeted stagg as village for a similar reason when he couldn’t use his IC one day. Whoops. Maybe I should learn to trust people.
No, no. You're perfect with that little voice of paranoia doubt there child.

• Care
Definitely be prepared ready to role reveal immediately the second you imply having a OP ability (with no way to prove it currently) or else never hint at all. Especially early game, scum often do this to dance around not actually having to give a true role (like Sporty).
I was trying to tip the scales without making it so that I was killed before getting to use it, but given that I was killed by my own side before getting to use it anyway, point taken.

ALSO JAILING DOESN'T AFFECT ANYONE BUT THE TARGET PPL

IT'S NOT A COMMUTER

• Care
  • Hmm
Yes but... What
Okay, PGO was an active ability (rather than the usual passive) here. Sporty never would have been able to use it due to being blocked. Being blocked doesn't prevent anyone else from interacting with her though. Protection also doesn't interfere with others interacting with her unless they're specifically trying to kill her.

Reactions: 1 users
Actually I have a question @WildZoo
Why did the jailing not prevent visitors?
Because I do what I want, and the definition of jailer that we typically use on SDN is not actually standard (as AM noted, protection from ALL night actions is commuting).

If you look closely at the role description I gave to Zenge:
"Each night you may choose a player to jail, keeping them safe from harm but also preventing them from performing any actions."

It only protected against kills.

• Hmm
Okay, PGO was an active ability (rather than the usual passive) here. Sporty never would have been able to use it due to being blocked. Being blocked doesn't prevent anyone else from interacting with her though. Protection also doesn't interfere with others interacting with the target unless they're specifically trying to kill the target.
Dubz just clarified in deadchat the PGO would've killed both genny and Zenge N1 had sporty chosen to activate it

• Wow
  • Hmm
  • Care
Dubz just clarified in deadchat the PGO would've killed both genny and Zenge N1 had sporty chosen to activate it
That's just an order of ops thing (again, I do what I want). PGO arming trumped all other actions here.

• Wow
I'm now deeply confused as to why Clem didn't activate. Surely extra village death is funnier if you're already on the verge of being outted.

And that way you'd take out the jailer before they could announce the jailing as well

And that way you'd take out the jailer before they could announce the jailing as well
Well, I think the writing would still be on the wall given that only the people who said they were going to Clem died, but (I forget what number said they visited him last night outside of Zenge) kills is ultimately more than zero.

I'm now deeply confused as to why Clem didn't activate. Surely extra village death is funnier if you're already on the verge of being outted.
Not enough death for a game based on a show where there's at least one death every episode

Man the real ending of season 2 is BRUTAL too. Spoilered in case anyone is gonna watch it

I remember watching as it aired and being like, what the ****, they just killed all the main characters

• Care
Man the urge to click the spoiler is strong but I also kinda want to watch the show.
I... Won't click the spoiler. I guess.

I feel like I had higher expectations for brutality than the sentence I just read tbh
Well I wasn't gonna go into detail :laugh: But I just rewatched it and it is 10/10 still painful years later and even knowing what happens after