Embrace the Madness - Hannibal WW Part Deux

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Day 3

Ko No Mono

ko no mono.gif


The Stag is gone, but someone else has taken his place. Will thinks he knows who it is, though his dreams make him wonder if he should be looking more...internally. This is what Hannibal wanted all along, what he still wants, as he lurks in Will's mind. Will thought he could stop it, thought with Hannibal dead he would have his life back. But it was too late.

Mason Verger is busy making children cry and using their tears to flavor his drinks. That mission accomplished, he turns to his favorite target: his sister. She is carrying a little problem inside her. Something that would give back a bit of the power that he has taken from her all their lives. And that simply cannot stand.

What Mason does not realize is that Will Graham, day by day becoming a new version of himself, needs an outlet for the monster growing inside him. And it feels good, you see, doing bad things to bad people.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

~~~~~


Tome-wan

tome_wan.gif


The plan is in motion, he just needs more time. Jack Crawford knows now that Mason Verger was seeing Hannibal for therapy sessions. The link has been revealed. Will has called in an anonymous tip about the pigs, knowing that by now forensics will have started to piece together where Hannibal was murdered. It's a backup plan, really. He would rather take care of it himself, but just in case anything goes wrong...well, part of him still believes in the FBI. A diminished part, after all he has been through, but it is there nonetheless. If he fails, Mason Verger will still face consequences.

In his mind, he is doing this for Margot Verger, and for the child that was taken from her. But when he closes his eyes, he sees a familiar smile, and he knows the truth.

~~~~~

Mizumono

mizumono.gif


The most beautiful moment of a true friendship is to understand, and to be understood, with absolute clarity.

Under the guise of another friendly meeting, Will finds himself once again at the Verger estate. Margot is still recovering, sleeping in a room far from the main activity of the house. Good. He does not want her to know he is there. Or why.

"Perhaps we can visit the pigs again," he says, and Mason smiles. He is so proud of his creations.

Soon they stand looking into the pen. Mason is smiling, but Will cannot hear him. There is a rushing in his ears, and then that same voice he has been hearing all this time. He puts a hand in his pocket, grasps the hilt of the knife that has been waiting there.

mizumono knife.gif


Mason is still talking, oblivious to the change that has come over the man standing beside him. Will grabs him, slashing the knife across his belly. Mason's eyes go wide, and Will throws him into the pen.
The pigs are hungry.

@Clem J, who was The Pigs, a Serial Killer who could kill on even nights and was a 1 shot PGO.

Hannibal's voice comes to him again, and this time he does not resist.

Do you believe you could change me? The way I've changed you?

I already have.

​
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
VILLAGE WINS!

Until next time...

Survivors:

1. @Santygrass - The Glasgow Smile - 1x Friendly Neighbor
3. @lucy. - The Woman in Glass - Compulsive Tourist
5. @SARdoghandler - The Cistern - Compulsive Tourist
6. @genny --> @samac - The Dinner Party - Compulsive Tourist
7. @Stagg737 - The Beehive - Compulsive Tourist
8. @mightyrunner7 - The Cave Bear Suit - 1x Watcher
10. @Zenge142 - The Human Mural - Jailer

Dead
2. @potentialsheltervet - The Truth Serum - 1x seer
14. @SportPonies - The Stag - 1x PGO Odd Night Serial Killer
4. @Clem J - The Pigs - 1x PGO Even Night Serial Killer

Subs

1. @Dinashadow
3. @holdthemayo
4. @WonderingStudent
5. @Animal Midwife

Tots
1. @Lawpy
2. @chicandtoughness
3. @miranda920
4. @VeggieTrex
5. @Viscernable
6. @PlumPoppy
7. @Wondalfy
8. @matthirten13
9. @futuredogtor614
13. @Barkley13
utc. @supershorty
​
 
Thanks for playing, friends! As always, I love this source material, and I love getting to write some weird alternate universe fanfiction for it when you guys take the story in unexpected directions.

If I redesigned this setup, I would have made the jailer 1 shot like the other PRs, and probably made the serial killers functional compulsive tourists instead of just telling them that was a cover role option.

Also might have made the PGO automatic lol Sad that neither got used. But I could go either way on that one.

Well-played village, and a nod in particular to @Zenge142 , who managed to jail both of the scum!

And of course, much love to @kaydubs and @justafluff for helping me bring my 50th game to life :biglove:

There is no spreadsheet but feel free to ask questions!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean it seemed like y’all were circling Clem, so…
Sure
But it felt to EZ
So santy coming at me I going in and out of paranoia on EVERYONE because that’s what I do and sweating bullets afraid Clem is going to flip village and that I actually might get misyeeted
 
Sure
But it felt to EZ
So santy coming at me I going in and out of paranoia on EVERYONE because that’s what I do and sweating bullets afraid Clem is going to flip village and that I actually might get misyeeted
It did feel a little too straightforward, brought back memories of Pokemon where people were like, "this can't be the last wolf, can it?" and then it was.
 
Also santy, I really didn’t like you talking about not using your ability for spite and saving it for F3 if needed and I felt like you were showboating there. I’m very much a put your money where your mouth is kind of player. I’ve also yeeted stagg as village for a similar reason when he couldn’t use his IC one day. Whoops. Maybe I should learn to trust people.
 
Also santy, I really didn’t like you talking about not using your ability for spite and saving it for F3 if needed and I felt like you were showboating there. I’m very much a put your money where your mouth is kind of player. I’ve also yeeted stagg as village for a similar reason when he couldn’t use his IC one day. Whoops. Maybe I should learn to trust people.
No, no. You're perfect with that little voice of paranoia doubt there child.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Definitely be prepared ready to role reveal immediately the second you imply having a OP ability (with no way to prove it currently) or else never hint at all. Especially early game, scum often do this to dance around not actually having to give a true role (like Sporty).
I was trying to tip the scales without making it so that I was killed before getting to use it, but given that I was killed by my own side before getting to use it anyway, point taken.
 
Actually I have a question @WildZoo
Why did the jailing not prevent visitors?
Because I do what I want, and the definition of jailer that we typically use on SDN is not actually standard (as AM noted, protection from ALL night actions is commuting).

If you look closely at the role description I gave to Zenge:
"Each night you may choose a player to jail, keeping them safe from harm but also preventing them from performing any actions."

It only protected against kills.
 
Okay, PGO was an active ability (rather than the usual passive) here. Sporty never would have been able to use it due to being blocked. Being blocked doesn't prevent anyone else from interacting with her though. Protection also doesn't interfere with others interacting with the target unless they're specifically trying to kill the target.
Dubz just clarified in deadchat the PGO would've killed both genny and Zenge N1 had sporty chosen to activate it
 
Dubz just clarified in deadchat the PGO would've killed both genny and Zenge N1 had sporty chosen to activate it
That's just an order of ops thing (again, I do what I want). PGO arming trumped all other actions here.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm now deeply confused as to why Clem didn't activate. Surely extra village death is funnier if you're already on the verge of being outted.
Not enough death for a game based on a show where there's at least one death every episode

Man the real ending of season 2 is BRUTAL too. Spoilered in case anyone is gonna watch it

I remember watching as it aired and being like, what the ****, they just killed all the main characters