Emory & Henry DPT 2020 start

Started by dobsonek
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nope 🙁 honestly I’m expecting to hear Friday but I also have a feeling they’re going to push it again
I hope not because the drop date for my chemistry class is that following Monday. I wonder if it’s a bad look to email them because of it.
 
I hope not because the drop date for my chemistry class is that following Monday. I wonder if it’s a bad look to email them because of it.
I would wait because she did say we would hear by the 31st. If you email before it just seems impatient. And honestly I’d stick with your chem class bc it could be useful for other programs/if you need to reapply next year
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know how many people have been accepted already?
As far as I know five people were interviewed (or at least received invites) for early decision and 2 people total have been accepted. There might be more but this was definitive from Tracie as of late December. I think there are around 28-30ish spots for the 2023 cohort so I wouldn’t sweat about the numbers. I hope this helps!
 
As far as I know five people were interviewed (or at least received invites) for early decision and 2 people total have been accepted. There might be more but this was definitive from Tracie as of late December. I think there are around 28-30ish spots for the 2023 cohort so I wouldn’t sweat about the numbers. I hope this helps!
During the open house it was said that 3 early decision applicants had been accepted and also that some acceptances went out after the November interviews, but she didn’t specify how many went out/how many people had put a deposit down.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed Tracie and asked how many people have been pulled off of the waitlist historically and she said that last year they got all the way to the bottom third so maybe there’s some hope for us, lmao
Does anyone know how many people are actually on the waitlist?
 
Does anyone know how many people are actually on the waitlist?
The email said around 150 applicants were considered. Assuming they sent out 31 acceptances (which is how many people are in the cohort not including the early decision applicants) that would be around 119 people, about 40 people per third.
 
The email said around 150 applicants were considered. Assuming they sent out 31 acceptances (which is how many people are in the cohort not including the early decision applicants) that would be around 119 people, about 40 people per third.
Right but I mean I didn’t know if everyone that got interviewed ended up on the waitlist
 
During the open house it was said that 3 early decision applicants had been accepted and also that some acceptances went out after the November interviews, but she didn’t specify how many went out/how many people had put a deposit down.
Ah I see. Updated information is always good.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t expect to hear anything unless I get called off the waitlist. The deposit deadline to accept is next Friday the 14th.
I don’t expect to hear anything unless I get pulled off either. I was asking if anyone had been pulled off.
 
I emailed Tracie and asked how many people have been pulled off of the waitlist historically and she said that last year they got all the way to the bottom third so maybe there’s some hope for us, lmao

Do you know how many people were in the class last year? Also, do they pull people in a specific order or randomly from the section?
 
I believe when I had my interview (Nov) they were looking to fill 30ish spots since there were some ED acceptances. From my understanding we are all ranked and they go down the list in order. The “third” we were put in was just to give us an understanding of where we were on the waitlist which I know I greatly appreciate as other schools I’m waitlisted at don’t give you any information whatsoever. I’m in the top third of the waitlist as well and will be accepting an offer if I receive one.
 
Do you know how many people were in the class last year? Also, do they pull people in a specific order or randomly from the section?
According to PTCAS there were 34 people in last years cohort and they’re trying to fill 34 spots again. I assume the waitlist goes in a certain order from top to bottom and the third we were given is just to give us an idea of where we fall.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone considered reaching out to Tracie? Or are you just planning on waiting it out?
I was planning on waiting it out, especially because the email said it could be August before we heard anything. Knowing my status is towards the bottom I don’t want to ruin any possible chance I have by being pushy/overbearing.
 
I was planning on waiting it out, especially because the email said it could be August before we heard anything. Knowing my status is towards the bottom I don’t want to ruin any possible chance I have by being pushy/overbearing.
Oh interesting. My email doesn’t say anything about the end of August?