Emory & Henry DPT 2020 start

Started by dobsonek
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At this point, I'm just gonna accept the fact that i don't have a chance to get in this year. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
I was told at the meet and greet that it’s possible a spot could open up as late as the week before classes start (it happened last year) so I’m going to hope for a little bit longer. However, I did start a new PTCAS application today
 
I was told at the meet and greet that it’s possible a spot could open up as late as the week before classes start (it happened last year) so I’m going to hope for a little bit longer. However, I did start a new PTCAS application today
Good luck! I'm looking to do a master's and then using that as a way to get into school.

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
 
If you plan on taking some time off to strengthen your app, I recommend a post-bac. I posted my stats in the pre-rec and schools applied thread but I was a weak applicant coming out of undergrad. I did a two year post bac (took a lot longer because I majored in a social science and didn’t have many pre recs completed). Emory and Henry looks at the last 60 credits of your transcript, and if you’re GRE is at least a 300/3.5 you’ll be considered competitive. Good luck with everything!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How was your interview? Did you hear back?
I think it went really well! They have another round this weekend and the committee isn’t meeting to discuss until 9/12. Tracie said she’d let us know if were accepted or deferred to the regular pool no later than 9/25
 
That's great to hear! Do you remember what questions they asked you? Dang I always thought they had to let early decision applicants know within a week
I think it’s probably a little different this year with it being over zoom rather than in person + PTCAS not offering true early decision!
 
Thank you! How are you liking it so far?
It's very tough and rigorous. Some of the professors care alot, especially in kines and dry lab. Other classes seem to be alot of reading off of slides. With COVID, there has been a major series of misunderstandings with scheduling and class times but honestly you'll get that anywhere. Overall, we still have 40-50% of our class on campus so I am not complaining. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me as I don't want to blow up the thread.
 
Hopefully some of you are still active on here! I was recently accepted off of the waitlist for the upcoming fall semester— can any current students please message me? I have a few questions!