Emory & Henry DPT 2020 start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys! I got accepted and moved off the waitlist today at 11am!!!!
Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did email her two days after( Weds4/28) I received the email on Sunday 4/26 and no response. I am going to call and email tomorrow. I am just confused
Did you ever hear anything?

Just received my acceptance letter this morning

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone tried to call tracie to find out anything about their waitlist placement?
I emailed her on 5/15 to update her on my spring grades and to ask if my position on the waitlist had changed and I’ve yet to hear anything

At this point, I'm just gonna accept the fact that i don't have a chance to get in this year. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile

At this point, I'm just gonna accept the fact that i don't have a chance to get in this year. Oh well.

I was told at the meet and greet that it’s possible a spot could open up as late as the week before classes start (it happened last year) so I’m going to hope for a little bit longer. However, I did start a new PTCAS application today

I was told at the meet and greet that it’s possible a spot could open up as late as the week before classes start (it happened last year) so I’m going to hope for a little bit longer. However, I did start a new PTCAS application today
Good luck! I'm looking to do a master's and then using that as a way to get into school.

If you plan on taking some time off to strengthen your app, I recommend a post-bac. I posted my stats in the pre-rec and schools applied thread but I was a weak applicant coming out of undergrad. I did a two year post bac (took a lot longer because I majored in a social science and didn’t have many pre recs completed). Emory and Henry looks at the last 60 credits of your transcript, and if you’re GRE is at least a 300/3.5 you’ll be considered competitive. Good luck with everything!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an invite to interview 8/29 or 9/5 for the 2021-2022 school year!!!

When did you send in your application?
I applied August 11, got an email on the 13th saying they received my application. I did select the “early decision” option on the application so that could be a factor.

I applied August 11, got an email on the 13th saying they received my application. I did select the “early decision” option on the application so that could be a factor.
How was your interview? Did you hear back?

How was your interview? Did you hear back?
I think it went really well! They have another round this weekend and the committee isn’t meeting to discuss until 9/12. Tracie said she’d let us know if were accepted or deferred to the regular pool no later than 9/25

That's great to hear! Do you remember what questions they asked you? Dang I always thought they had to let early decision applicants know within a week
I think it’s probably a little different this year with it being over zoom rather than in person + PTCAS not offering true early decision!

I think it’s probably a little different this year with it being over zoom rather than in person + PTCAS not offering true early decision!
that is true!! hopefully I'll see you there in the fall

I got accepted to the fall 2021 cohort on 9/9. Have you heard back? Is there anyone else accepted into the class yet?

Has anyone who applied regular decision heard anything/when did you apply?

I got accepted to the fall 2021 cohort on 9/9. Have you heard back? Is there anyone else accepted into the class yet?
Aye congrats! I am in the class of 2023 so if you have any questions lmk!

Thank you! How are you liking it so far?
It's very tough and rigorous. Some of the professors care alot, especially in kines and dry lab. Other classes seem to be alot of reading off of slides. With COVID, there has been a major series of misunderstandings with scheduling and class times but honestly you'll get that anywhere. Overall, we still have 40-50% of our class on campus so I am not complaining. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me as I don't want to blow up the thread.

Hopefully some of you are still active on here! I was recently accepted off of the waitlist for the upcoming fall semester— can any current students please message me? I have a few questions!