Emory & Henry DPT 2020 start

Started by dobsonek
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My email doesn't say that part either but my friend's email does and we are both in the same section of the waiting list...
 
This may be non-sequitur but Tracie sent an email out today regarding a housing questionnaire, so I am thinking that if people haven't been accepted yet then there is a good chance that it will happen sometime this week.
 
This may be non-sequitur but Tracie sent an email out today regarding a housing questionnaire, so I am thinking that if people haven't been accepted yet then there is a good chance that it will happen sometime this week.

I hope you’re right. *fingers crossed*
I’m already studying for the GRE and planning on retaking classes while being waitlisted at this time if the worst happens.
 
I hope you’re right. *fingers crossed*
I’m already studying for the GRE and planning on retaking classes while being waitlisted at this time if the worst happens.
Just gotta shoot for the 300 and 3.5, don’t worry if it’s much more than that. Tracie told me herself that unless you are a huge anomaly (160+) then all they really want to see is 300.
 
Just gotta shoot for the 300 and 3.5, don’t worry if it’s much more than that. Tracie told me herself that unless you are a huge anomaly (160+) then all they really want to see is 300.
I meant to say “don’t worry if it’s not much more than that”
 
Just gotta shoot for the 300 and 3.5, don’t worry if it’s much more than that. Tracie told me herself that unless you are a huge anomaly (160+) then all they really want to see is 300.
Does the program look at the total GRE score (300+), or do they look at the minimum of 150 per section?

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
 
Does the program look at the total GRE score (300+), or do they look at the minimum of 150 per section?

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
It depends on your score, so for example if you had a 148 and a 152, you’d have a 300 total but the 148 would be below their desired threshold of 150. Honestly when it comes to GRE, it is like the 4th priority they look at so if you’re worried about a 152 vs a 154 then it’s not worth the stress. Tracie told me they would like at least a 300 total with a 3.5 minimum on the writing. If you have scores that dip below 150 but are close (like 148 or 149) but you have a good gpa or other factors, then it isn’t as important to them. She told me that unless you have an insanely high GRE score (160+), then just meet the minimum and you’ll be fine. That being said, if you had a 145 in verbal and a 155 in reading, I’d suggest retaking the test to improve your verbal even though you’d have a 300 total. I hope this helps, I feel like I explained in a really roundabout sort of way.
 
It depends on your score, so for example if you had a 148 and a 152, you’d have a 300 total but the 148 would be below their desired threshold of 150. Honestly when it comes to GRE, it is like the 4th priority they look at so if you’re worried about a 152 vs a 154 then it’s not worth the stress. Tracie told me they would like at least a 300 total with a 3.5 minimum on the writing. If you have scores that dip below 150 but are close (like 148 or 149) but you have a good gpa or other factors, then it isn’t as important to them. She told me that unless you have an insanely high GRE score (160+), then just meet the minimum and you’ll be fine. That being said, if you had a 145 in verbal and a 155 in reading, I’d suggest retaking the test to improve your verbal even though you’d have a 300 total. I hope this helps, I feel like I explained in a really roundabout sort of way.
Thank you so much for your information. It's just that I'm really struggling with the verbal, and I feel like the chances of me boosting my math score is so much greater.

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
 
Thank you so much for your information. It's just that I'm really struggling with the verbal, and I feel like the chances of me boosting my math score is so much greater.

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
If your math score is super above average then it could make up for a lower verbal score, it all depends on what numbers you have. I had a very average math score (at 150) but I think because my verbal score was much higher, at 157, it made my overall GRE presentation a lot stronger.
 
I just got off the phone with Tracie and she told me that the class has 34 people and is full. I suppose people could end up withdrawing but from what she told me all the spots have been filled. Congrats to all those who made it!
 
I just got off the phone with Tracie and she told me that the class has 34 people and is full. I suppose people could end up withdrawing but from what she told me all the spots have been filled. Congrats to all those who made it!

Congrats everyone. So much for waiting now, and I guess I’ll have to pray and hope for the best.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope. I don’t think the waitlist is going to move.
I think there’s a chance of it moving some after people get accepted to other programs and decide to go to them instead. I’ve seen a lot of stuff on this forum about people putting a deposit down just to ensure they’re in a program and then forfeiting the deposit if they get in somewhere else they’d rather go.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am too third and will be taking my name off the waitlist because I got in elsewhere. I’m not sure if this will do any
I’ve got a massive scholarship from another program. Will be attending there instead. Hopefully someone in the middle third will be bumped up. Good luck ☺
yes I am top third and will more than likely be going somewhere else now so there should be movement for others!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I was placed on the top third for the class and received an email last week if I wanted a spot. I replied with a YES an hour later and have yet to receive anything.... I had noticed that the most recent acceptance was from the middle third. I am very confused and concerned right now
 
Hey everyone! I was placed on the top third for the class and received an email last week if I wanted a spot. I replied with a YES an hour later and have yet to receive anything.... I had noticed that the most recent acceptance was from the middle third. I am very confused and concerned right now
Email/call Tracie to follow up