emory med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lane ZhangEM0RY

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i interviewed at emory in nov and still have not heard back from them. i have a 3.6 hpa and 35 mcat. why is it that emory has still not accepted me? at first i thought this should be a safety school with me and i was looking to get into a much more prestigious school like duke. now i haven't had any OOS interviews and emory has not even accepted me. is this normal? should i call them?

Members don't see this ad.

maybe an attitude issue that showed through in your interview...

just a guess.

They send acceptances every month, and don't reject anyone until mid-spring, so you may still be accepted later. People get in on the 2nd or 3rd review.

And since when is a 3.6 GPA gonna make emory a safety? That's at or below their average. Going there for undergrad isn't exactly a guarantee for an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
And since when is a 3.6 GPA gonna make emory a safety? That's at or below their average. Going there for undergrad isn't exactly a guarantee for an acceptance.

i was thinking it was cause i am overqualified. i have shadowed several doctors

i interviewed at emory in nov and still have not heard back from them. i have a 3.6 hpa and 35 mcat. why is it that emory has still not accepted me? at first i thought this should be a safety school with me and i was looking to get into a much more prestigious school like duke. now i haven't had any OOS interviews and emory has not even accepted me. is this normal? should i call them?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::bullcrap:

Wow!!!! I got a good laugh out of that one! Keep it up!

Wait are you an emory undergrad? I think i've seen you before...

your below their average GPA (as stated on their website) and only 2 points above their average MCAT

get off your high horse

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MCAT AND GPA AVERAGES.
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The average cumulative GPA for enrolled students is 3.66. The average MCAT score is a 33, with at least a 10 in each of the science subtests..

Have you been invited to interview anywhere else yet? Maybe there was something in your application or LOR that was weird... just a guess...

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you been invited to interview anywhere else yet? Maybe there was something in your application or LOR that was weird... just a guess...

i went to interview at MCG and have not heard back yet.

Well, I think they haven't responded yet b/c they're waiting for their waitlist letter from you. Send them their letter now and then maybe you'll get their letter of interest in the next month or so.

:smuggrin:

Well, I think they haven't responded yet b/c they're waiting for their waitlist letter from you. Send them their letter now and then maybe you'll get their letter of interest in the next month or so.

:smuggrin:

are u trying to be funny? your response is not eloquently written. but that is what i expect from someone with a 32

Yikes!

Just as general advice, I don't think anyone should assume that any given school is a "safety." The terms "reach, safety, etc." are only applicable when applying to college, not med school, IMHO.

I interviewed on the first interview day at Emory in October, thought the interviews went well, and haven't been accepted. I have a 3.9 and a 34, and I definitely didn't think of it as a safety, just a good fit. It's a really great school. Shrug, it is what it is, you can write them an LOI since Erica really stressed that they are indeed helpful. Personally I didn't since I'm pretty bad at LOI writing I think, and I couldn't really in good conscious say that it was one of my very top choices (it's a great school, but Pitt is home!).

Haha, and I'd be careful saying you "deserve" to get into any school. I'd say most of us probably deserve the chance to interview for a spot, given how hard many of us have worked the past few years. Beyond that..there's just too many good applicants.

Good luck.

are u trying to be funny? your response is not eloquently written. but that is what i expect from someone with a 32

Hey, don't pick on me, man. I think we're all aware here that someone of my lowly nature is nowhere in the same league as someone such as yourself. After all I could only hope Emory would at least fart in my direction.

I interviewed on the first interview day at Emory in October, thought the interviews went well, and haven't been accepted. I have a 3.9 and a 34, and I definitely didn't think of it as a safety, just a good fit. It's a really great school. Shrug, it is what it is, you can write them an LOI since Erica really stressed that they are indeed helpful. Personally I didn't since I'm pretty bad at LOI writing I think, and I couldn't really in good conscious say that it was one of my very top choices (it's a great school, but Pitt is home!).

Haha, and I'd be careful saying you "deserve" to get into any school. I'd say most of us probably deserve the chance to interview for a spot, given how hard many of us have worked the past few years. Beyond that..there's just too many good applicants.

Good luck.

oh, text... always keeping things classy. congrats on pitt! :hardy:

op, i would encourage you to go ahead and ask them why you haven't gotten in yet; it might open up a spot for me.

lol....someone with a 32 and 2 acceptances in the bag already. What is wrong with people? Then again, this is the kind of arrogance that should be expected from many emory grads. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm really excited about this post - if .01% of your personality shone through at your MCG interview, then you won't get in there...which increases my chances :)

Seriously, man. This is medical school. There are no safety schools. Best of luck to you anyway, maybe with your social skills you could be a good researcher? On mice, of course.

My first thought on reading the OP's posts here was that he (or she) must be writing these things as a joke to get a rise out of whatever unfortunate SDNer clicked on the thread. But just in case the OP is being serious: I have similar stats and feel very fortunate to have been invited to interview at Emory. I've also been invited to Duke, but maybe that happened because I don't think I'm entitled to an acceptance there.

Oh yeah, and the schools you mentioned as the "lower top 10," UPenn, WashU, Duke, and UPenn, are actually #3, 4, and 5, respectively.

I'm really excited about this post - if .01% of your personality shone through at your MCG interview, then you won't get in there...which increases my chances :)

Seriously, man. This is medical school. There are no safety schools. Best of luck to you anyway, maybe with your social skills you could be a good researcher? On mice, of course.

you guys are just jealous

Oh yeah, and the schools you mentioned as the "lower top 10," UPenn, WashU, Duke, and UPenn, are actually #3, 4, and 5, respectively.

Duke is actually #8 (like rankings matter).

Suggested new rule: nobody can be declared the winner of an "argument" if they can't spell the word correctly.

Trawler ahoy!

trawler.JPG

Lane ZhangEM0RY, you are seriously embarrassing. this is the exact attitude that perpetuates the emory stereotype. please stop. :thumbdown:

Lane ZhangEM0RY, you are seriously embarrassing. this is the exact attitude that perpetuates the emory stereotype. please stop. :thumbdown:

im not sure what that stereotype would be? that we are hard working students who strive to succeed?

Please ban this troll.

I was going to post a longer response with a bunch of quotes, but after reading to the bottom of this thread, this kid has GOT to be a troll, but the following should suffice:

[sarcasm]Lane, I can see why you didn't get into emory. Obviously, I'd expect that from someone who only got a 35 on the MCAT. Try and get smarter before you try and apply again. People like me are just too smart for you. [/sarcasm]

all I can say in response to this thread is... WOW :eek:... and yet I can't turn away... :laugh:

why do you think i am a troll? i asked a serious question and only got people insulting me in return

hey all,
my first impression was that this is a fake poster...it's a new account, he/she used a full name as an ID, and made a ridiculous post on a site that's definitely read by adcom members and would draw attention. it's hard to tell...but i'm thinking that this person doesn't like the real Lane Zhang and is trying to screw that person over...
of course i could be completely wrong but i don't think anyone is stupid enough to do what this poster did and be genuine.