You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Emory University Applicants 2018-2019 Cycle!
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ACPTWannabe
Full Member
Hey I haven't applied here yet, but was debating it. I was unsure because my stats are borderline to low for them. What are your stats?
PTgal21
New Member
I applied yesterday!!Just wanted to get a thread started for those who are applying to Emory! Feel free to list your stats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PTgal21
New Member
I haven’t heard back yet, on past forums it looked like most got them the second week of December. But I saw that a couple that received them at the end of the first week!Did anyone get interview invitations yet?
PTgal21
New Member
Here’s my stats:
Major: Health Science
Overall GPA: 3.87
Prerequisite GPA: 4.0
GRE: 301
Observation Hours: 1500+ outpatient, 30 inpatient
Experience & Activities: PT Tech, Anatomy TA, TA for other Healthcare classes, Vice President of my sorority, Honors Society Sorority, other clubs, volunteer hours, undergrad research
Major: Health Science
Overall GPA: 3.87
Prerequisite GPA: 4.0
GRE: 301
Observation Hours: 1500+ outpatient, 30 inpatient
Experience & Activities: PT Tech, Anatomy TA, TA for other Healthcare classes, Vice President of my sorority, Honors Society Sorority, other clubs, volunteer hours, undergrad research
hopefulpt2022
New Member
I got an invitation too! I'll be there!
katewithak
New Member
I got an interview invitation as well! Did y'all get a response to your RSVP? I feel like I just kinda sent that email out into the void...
Lol no I didn't get a response yet either. I know exactly what you are saying is your interview date on the 11th?I got an interview invitation as well! Did y'all get a response to your RSVP? I feel like I just kinda sent that email out into the void...
I got my interview invitation today as well!! For January 11th! So excited!
Would you or others care to share your experience at the interview this past Friday?? I would love to get an insiders take as I am having interviews soon
It was actually very relaxed! The entire day was more about them showing you what they are about and the campus. They also answered any questions we may have had. It was more so a relaxed day, rather than you feeling like you are being scored the entire time. You will be fine I'm sure! The entire day was very well put together! Just be yourself! Good luck!
hopefulpt2022
New Member
Hi, it was a very easy interview. Normal questions like why Emory, why PT, etc. It was me and another person in the room with 2 professors interviewing us. They aren't allowed to ask follow up questions and write everything down. I interviewed last Friday and was accepted the this Tuesday. It was definitely one of my favorite interview days.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait, you interviewed on the 11th and got accepted on the 15th? And have you heard of anyone else getting accepted?Hi, it was a very easy interview. Normal questions like why Emory, why PT, etc. It was me and another person in the room with 2 professors interviewing us. They aren't allowed to ask follow up questions and write everything down. I interviewed last Friday and was accepted the this Tuesday. It was definitely one of my favorite interview days.
Thanks for the insight! How long was the interview? I was told by a previous student that it lasts 1 hourHi, it was a very easy interview. Normal questions like why Emory, why PT, etc. It was me and another person in the room with 2 professors interviewing us. They aren't allowed to ask follow up questions and write everything down. I interviewed last Friday and was accepted the this Tuesday. It was definitely one of my favorite interview days.
The interview is about 45 minutes, but might go a little over.Thanks for the insight! How long was the interview? I was told by a previous student that it lasts 1 hour
hopefulpt2022
New Member
Right! I have heard of 2 other people from my day getting accepted also, not sure about others.Wait, you interviewed on the 11th and got accepted on the 15th? And have you heard of anyone else getting accepted?
hopefulpt2022
New Member
mine was <45 minutes including questions. I think the time frame is 45 minutes.Thanks for the insight! How long was the interview? I was told by a previous student that it lasts 1 hour
katewithak
New Member
I interviewed on the 11th and was accepted on the 15th as well! Just accepted the offer 🙂
has anyone heard anything recently
I’ve heard nothing since my interview, and I have emailed them twice about a prerequisite question that is time sensitive. Pretty frustrating since it looks like they have sent out some acceptances since the interviews.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Still nothing for me. When did you interview?
Jan 18th.. the school is closed tomorrow tho .. i have a friend that works there .. weather here in atlanta supposed to be bad tomorrow
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PTgal21
New Member
Okay, I emailed them tonight a copy of what I sent in and told them that I sent it awhile back and haven’t heard. Hopefully it gets to them!Same here! I physically dropped my check off at their office yesterday since I was in the area and got a confirmation email right away. Maybe check in with them to make sure they got it?
mikeanike11
New Member
has anyone who interviewed on 1/18 heard back yet?
I havent .. i wonder if they even sent anything out for any of us yet that interviewed that day...has anyone who interviewed on 1/18 heard back yet?
mikeanike11
New Member
I got the same email yesterday as well. I was wondering the same thing haha. My theory is that they are behind on getting through the applications because the school closed for 2 days when the storm came through. I'm curious if anyone got denied yesterday though.Did anyone else get an “under review” update today?
Also I know it’s a sensitive topic, but has anyone heard of any rejections being sent out? I’m trying to assess my chances, I’ve been so nervous waiting...
I also got the email. It says "thank you for your patience as we are finalizing our class roster." You guys think that means they are waiting for all of their responses from the applicants they sent acceptances to already?? As in we didn't make top 70, but they will send out more if some of the current accepted applicants don't accept their spot? Weird to me he would say "finalizing" if they haven't sent out many acceptances.
applicantwithquestions
New Member
I was waitlisted after receiving the “under review” email. Does anybody know if everybody that was not accepted is waitlisted? Or do they send out rejections as well?
applicantwithquestions
New Member
I haven’t heard any updates so far :/Anybody been accepted from the waiting list yet?
applicantwithquestions
New Member
Thank you for responding... I wish you the best!!I recieved a rejection email today after receiving the under review email . Hopefully things work out for you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PTgal21
New Member
No, I was wondering the same thing! Wanted to see who all were accepted as well as get more i for on schedules etc.Have any accepted students heard anything about next steps, like when they'll create a facebook group for the class of 2022?
Looks like it's up! Just got the e-mail.No, I was wondering the same thing! Wanted to see who all were accepted as well as get more i for on schedules etc.
applicantwithquestions
New Member
Nope :/Anyone heard from waitlist yet?