This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in SoCal, which is a saturated area. There is a big range of earning potential depending on how much you work and the practice setting that you work in. I would say the median salary is $300K for an asociate endo here.
Is it like that with most specialties for SoCal or are there certain specialties that have a leg up compared to others?
 
Dam, I should of been an endodontist. 1.3 million takehome. 500k takehome. 700k takehome. 3 million takehome! 10% overhead, 15% overhead! 8% overhead! First year out making 950k on 2 days workweek.

No wonder bunch of people going into 1 mil of student loans for those dream numbers.

Let's take the 1% of the income population and extrapolate that for everyone. Everyone makes that much money! yay! /sarcasm.
 
  • Dislike
Reactions: 702
Owner for 3 years and half. Solo practitioner, ppo and FFS office. 40 to 45 hours weekly. 2 weeks off per year. 22/23 cases average weekly. Collections were 1.6M with a 18 to 20% office overhead. I took home 1.3M before taxes.
How do you get such low overheads? Overhead is the expenses correct?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dam, I should of been an endodontist. 1.3 million takehome. 500k takehome. 700k takehome. 3 million takehome! 10% overhead, 15% overhead! 8% overhead! First year out making 950k on 2 days workweek.

No wonder bunch of people going into 1 mil of student loans for those dream numbers.

Let's take the 1% of the income population and extrapolate that for everyone. Everyone makes that much money! yay! /sarcasm.
Like what you guys did on the GP thread?
 
How do you get such low overheads? Overhead is the expenses correct?
The endodontist I work with uses minimal staff (2 assistants 1 front desk) and only three chairs. Only two chairs are outfitted for treatment. They use a limited disposable armamentarium that isn’t very costly. CBCT and microscopes seem to be their biggest purchases, but usually CBCT is a revenue generator. It’s not a very expensive operation relative to the amount of production they generate.