This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am in SoCal, which is a saturated area. There is a big range of earning potential depending on how much you work and the practice setting that you work in. I would say the median salary is $300K for an asociate endo here.
Is it like that with most specialties for SoCal or are there certain specialties that have a leg up compared to others?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Dam, I should of been an endodontist. 1.3 million takehome. 500k takehome. 700k takehome. 3 million takehome! 10% overhead, 15% overhead! 8% overhead! First year out making 950k on 2 days workweek.

No wonder bunch of people going into 1 mil of student loans for those dream numbers.

Let's take the 1% of the income population and extrapolate that for everyone. Everyone makes that much money! yay! /sarcasm.

• Dislike
Owner for 3 years and half. Solo practitioner, ppo and FFS office. 40 to 45 hours weekly. 2 weeks off per year. 22/23 cases average weekly. Collections were 1.6M with a 18 to 20% office overhead. I took home 1.3M before taxes.
How do you get such low overheads? Overhead is the expenses correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone in the New York city /long island area knows how much associate endo or owners make?

Dam, I should of been an endodontist. 1.3 million takehome. 500k takehome. 700k takehome. 3 million takehome! 10% overhead, 15% overhead! 8% overhead! First year out making 950k on 2 days workweek.

No wonder bunch of people going into 1 mil of student loans for those dream numbers.

Let's take the 1% of the income population and extrapolate that for everyone. Everyone makes that much money! yay! /sarcasm.
Like what you guys did on the GP thread?

• Haha
How do you get such low overheads? Overhead is the expenses correct?
The endodontist I work with uses minimal staff (2 assistants 1 front desk) and only three chairs. Only two chairs are outfitted for treatment. They use a limited disposable armamentarium that isn’t very costly. CBCT and microscopes seem to be their biggest purchases, but usually CBCT is a revenue generator. It’s not a very expensive operation relative to the amount of production they generate.

Reactions: 1 users