energy drinks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbaek

One day at a time....
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you guys believe is the best energy drinks to keep awake and refreshed in order to keep on studying?
:D

Members don't see this ad.

call me old school but i stick with red bull

Rockstar, Baby!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sparks is good too - but it has a nice kick of EtOH so it might not be good for studying.

VPDcurt said:
call me old school but i stick with red bull

yup mostly that and good 'ole coffee or coke or more likely a combination of all and often.

Psycho Doctor said:
yup mostly that and good 'ole coffee or coke or more likely a combination of all and often.

I'll take a mountain dew over a coke any day.

I'm so addicted to mountain dew that it doesn't even matter anymore. Caffeine? What caffeine? Who else here has fallen asleep with the mountain dew can still in your hand? Twice. :scared:

the other day i was in anatomy lab, feeling sluggish as usual after lunch... the coffee machine was broken so i bought some Mountain Dew instead. amazing! i was actually hyper afterwards (and i drink something like 3 cups of coffee a day, so i'm pretty used to caffeine).

you know what they say about mountain dew and yellow 5....

Bailey's and milk. :)

Heh, not necessarily an energy drink, but there's only one beverage to keep me awake, Diet Coke.

Have to drink a case to be effective, but between the minute increases in caffeine and the frequent runs to alleviate the bladder, I'm usually up for one reason or another all night.

Getting adequate sleep will do more for your studying that any of those drinks (an hours worth of studying has been as/more useful than several hours of studying when tired in my experience).

Besides, I like Pepsi One.

I've tried Red Bull light (as well as the low cal versions of other brands, I don't drink sugar because I used to be overweight) but it did nothing for me. Pehaps its because you need the sugar for full effect, but I think that I take in so much caffeine that my body is used to it and nothing work for me anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
Red bull (regular or sugar free) :thumbup:

i've tried red bull, but it smells soo weird, and it tastes even weirder... how can you actually drink that stuff? it's not even sweet! or bitter!

Diet Coke and cigarettes have both contributed equally to my graduating with good grades. Now that I'm in Japan, they have drinks with caffeine and nicotine! But I have nothing to study...

I used to smoke then quit everytime I even thing of a cigarette now my lungs ache.
Anyways of the energy drinks Red Bull is the only one that doesn't make me feel like I'm going to have a heart attack although it does crap for actually helping me stay awake.

Since I work for Anheuser-Busch I strongly promote 180 Citrus Energy Drink that will keep you up for all that finals studying ...

Good old fashioned water....

...with a adderall extended release, ahh sweet sweet amphetamines

The truth is, the real reason these energy drinks give you a buzz is because of the sugar and caffeine.... the other components might have an effect, but they aren't what make you feel crazy and whatnot.... and with regards to the caffeine, a cup of coffee made right has more caffeine than most of those energy drinks. You'd be better off making yourself a few cups of coffee - in addition, my own experience has shown that coffee is much more effective at keeping you up if you really need to study.

vikaskoth said:

No good.. I don't like feeling like I'm having a heart attack.

vikaskoth said:

it makes for a grumpy nucleus accumbens the next day

bbaek said:
i've tried red bull, but it smells soo weird, and it tastes even weirder... how can you actually drink that stuff? it's not even sweet! or bitter!

amen to that - red bull sucks!
Its all about KMX, which I'm not even sure is made anymore, since i haven't seen it for a long time. But that was where the energy drink goodness was at :thumbup:

Megalofyia said:
No good.. I don't like feeling like I'm having a heart attack.

key here is extended release, i have never fellt crazy amped like with a ritalin or dexedrine (never taken these, what i hear) my bro is add, and i have days where i am constantly restless and distracted so i have used this two- three times for all nighters. I used to drink the pots of coffee but that would turn my stomach inside out.

vikaskoth said:
key here is extended release, i have never fellt crazy amped like with a ritalin or dexedrine (never taken these, what i hear) my bro is add, and i have days where i am constantly restless and distracted so i have used this two- three times for all nighters. I used to drink the pots of coffee but that would turn my stomach inside out.
Extended release or not.. all the amphetamines make me feel like I'm in the process of having a heart attack :(

Bawls is good. It tastes like candy, and is is really good when chilled. Also, when you open it, a misty smoke comes out of the bottle, which means you are 3wb3|2 1337 h4><0rZ

All you people are drug addicts!!! I'm naturally aspired, only drink water :D

~1hr/day in the gym and a good night sleep. :cool: Although I?m not sure I?ll be able to keep this routine come next August.

GATORade said:
~1hr/day in the gym and a good night sleep. :cool: Although I?m not sure I?ll be able to keep this routine come next August.

I am/was a gym junkie, but studying 3hrs of histo followed by 3hrs of anatomy after a day at school REQUIRES something to ward off the coma, and the gym just doesn't cut it anymore. Although it does help.

Currently, I'm on a combination diet of Mountain Dew, Espresso, and Semtex (Europe's version of Red Bull - also cheaper).

-S

Rockstar and some espresso from the 'Bucks. I like to get a doppio, lasts all night and the next day too!

CharlieVN said:
Since I work for Anheuser-Busch I strongly promote 180 Citrus Energy Drink that will keep you up for all that finals studying ...

180 is the bomb! At least it tastes good with vanilla liquor.

My energy drink of choice is good'ol Folgers coffee.

well, to start off the post again, i've been trying the starbuck's frappucino in the glass bottles... does absolutely nothing. and i am not a consistent coffee drinker either.

i tried red bull... tastes disgustig.

also tried this green and black energy drink. wasn't that bad in taste but didn't know if it was working or not.

how much is the 180 citrus and where can i get lots of it? and is it really good to drink and effective to keep me awake?

how much is bawls? i heard it a while back because i used to play fps video games and they were sponsoring gamers with it. but vast amounts of caffeine is bad for aiming ;)

do you know where i can get it, like 12 pack or something for cheap? i wanna try it out.

Inspired by this thread, I tried Jones sugar free energy drink today. I didn't know that you could buy a$$ in a can. I really should stick to water and a good night's sleep.

virilep said:
you know what they say about mountain dew and yellow 5....

Ahhh yes... the cheapest birth control on the market

A healthy dose of yellow 5 is the key to keeping the sperm count in check (or in my case, diminishing all hope of producing viable offspring).

haha...
i'm thinking from this thread... to try bawls or 180 citrus... they are expensive for energy drinks, but what drinks aren't??

give me your opinion ;)

Red Bull, starbucks, mountain dew, and something that you probably can only get here in Memphis - PIMP JUICE. It comes in a gold can and is sold at the ghetto BP. I am not kidding. Some A**clown actually made an energy drink called Pimp Juice. I am shocked and appalled.

WATER.
and maybe a little coffee.

...depressed that our country is going to $hit and the world hates us...

myodana said:
WATER.
and maybe a little coffee.

...depressed that our country is going to $hit and the world hates us...

:sleep: O pleaseeeeee....Stop Whining. Honestly, it's not like we elected Hitler or something. Just gotta look forward..

for drinking: water. cherry flavored soda water or Good Earth tea occasionally for variety.

for energy: regular exercise, yoga, relatively unprocesed food, and sleep.

kappasigMD41 said:
Red Bull, starbucks, mountain dew, and something that you probably can only get here in Memphis - PIMP JUICE. It comes in a gold can and is sold at the ghetto BP. I am not kidding. Some A**clown actually made an energy drink called Pimp Juice. I am shocked and appalled.

that assclown is nelly, he owns that

vikaskoth said:
that assclown is nelly, he owns that

hahaha... pimpjuice... what a joke ;)

well, if anyone can tell me where i can get canned packs of either bawls or 180 citrus, i would gladly appreciate it.

Vivarin (caffine tablet) in the morning, Red Bulls throughout the day.
Bawls is good, but its a little more expensive than red bull; someone asked where you can buy it--I know its available by the case at www.thinkgeek.com
-C

jeez, do all of you really have such a lack of sleep? i have yet to have to pull an all nighter.

i do workout a lot, take lots of vitamins and drink ~gallon of water a day etc. Ginseng really helps me with fatigue. Also drink some teas i buy from a friend in china, though only once in a while.

Bawls is by far the best tasting, and it packs a punch. One of my friends is a starbucks addict, and Bawls gives him heart palpitations.

PostalWookie said:
Bawls is by far the best tasting, and it packs a punch. One of my friends is a starbucks addict, and Bawls gives him heart palpitations.

hahahaha, that really sounds scary :0. well, i will try bawls and see how it is. but it is expensive! how do you guys get the money to buy this stuff.
i thought college students = poor students!