This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shortti3k

Reaction score
I am currently entering my sophomore year in college as a Electrical and Computer Engineering major. I love my major and school, I have an academic scholarship that covers my 4 years, I have a 3.7 GPA, but I don't see any bio courses and barely any chem. I am not sure what all the requirements are to get into med school are either. Do I have to take these courses to get into med school and to take the MCAT? What would be recommended in my situation?

Members don't see this ad.

It's inadvisable to take the MCAT without intro bio, chem, organic chem, and biochem.

Whether these courses are required depends on the med school. I'd recommend checking the websites of the programs you're thinking of applying to.

Reactions: 1 user
You will have to shove the bio and chem courses into your workload. As a physics major myself, it was a pain in the ass and led to some really ****ty semesters. It is doable though. As a guideline for med school requirements and MCAT testable material, take intro bio, intro chem, organic, intro physics and try to take a semester of biochem.

You should probably try and take Gen chem this coming year which will let you take o-chem next year.

Reactions: 1 users
You will have to shove the bio and chem courses into your workload. As a physics major myself, it was a pain in the ass and led to some really ****ty semesters. It is doable though. As a guideline for med school requirements and MCAT testable material, take intro bio, intro chem, organic, intro physics and try to take a semester of biochem.

You should probably try and take Gen chem this coming year which will let you take o-chem next year.

In total agreement.
My grandfather had a mechanical engineering degree and then decided to become a physician. He had to cram and take all the biology, chem, ochem, etc. courses at once before he applied for med school.
But I think you can do it, although it's going to be tough, but I have faith if you really want to become a doctor :). Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user