England - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also want to remind everyone that the Elizabeth Tower wakes up soon.
....Huh?

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any other reads?
I'm reading Samac village after our PMs yesterday and her much more relaxed outgoing tone than when she wolfed. AM is striking me village. Very slight village feels on Vis and Alissa.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm reading Samac village after our PMs yesterday and her much more relaxed outgoing tone than when she wolfed. AM is striking me village. Very slight village feels on Vis and Alissa.
Reasons for the latter three?

Reactions: 2 users
Why? As aggressive as she is throwing sus everywhere, that’s her typical village.
Also throwing sus everywhere is definitely NAI for cray. She threw sus everywhere in Bioshock. She was a wolf.

• Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
Reasons for the latter three?
AM has felt genuine as opposed to all the contorting she did as a wolf that made me go after her for days. Vis has been a lot more involved than when I was wolfing with her in basics when she lurked and posted minimally (but huge wall posts when she did). There was a post Alissa made yesterday (that I'm a bit busy to find right now) that felt a lot like the D1 village carelessness she made in Bioshock that got her a lot of sus but then ended up flipping village.

Members don't see this ad :)
Day One - Green and Pleasant Land - Vote Tally

Capri (1) - AM
AM (1) - Ms P
Stagg (1) - Shorty
Sporty (0) -
Cray (1) - samac
Alissa (1) - Barks
Zenge (1) - genny
DocE (1) - April
April (1) - Dubz

8/28 players voting
Voting closes in ~33 hours

My phone said everything had loaded until after I posted :/ (I’m in a Starbucks parking lot catching up)
Also throwing sus everywhere is definitely NAI for cray. She threw sus everywhere in Bioshock. She was a wolf.
Oh well I was dead so early I didn’t really follow bio shock as close. But, what I did see, I read her wolf because she was actually a little softer around the edges.

• Hmm
  • Care
AM has felt genuine as opposed to all the contorting she did as a wolf that made me go after her for days. Vis has been a lot more involved than when I was wolfing with her in basics when she lurked and posted minimally (but huge wall posts when she did).
That's not how Vissy wolfed in Cartoons though. How do you feel about her throwing out the voting tinfoil yesterday when she did?
There was a post Alissa made yesterday (that I'm a bit busy to find right now) that felt a lot like the D1 village carelessness she made in Bioshock that got her a lot of sus but then ended up flipping village.
Alissa only made 8 posts yesterday, according to the search, so it's pretty easy to find. Do you mean the one where she made a comment about if she elected SAR, maybe SAR would tunnel her less? Here. Because it did remind me a little of some of her choices in early Bioshock.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
That's not how Vissy wolfed in Cartoons though. How do you feel about her throwing out the voting tinfoil yesterday when she did?

Alissa only made 8 posts yesterday, according to the search, so it's pretty easy to find. Do you mean the one where she made a comment about if she elected SAR, maybe SAR would tunnel her less? Here. Because it did remind me a little of some of her choices in early Bioshock.
I don't recall if Vis is more or less tinfloily as a wolf vs villager so I wasn't using it to read her either way. It might have felt like wolfy distraction to some people but to me it just read like a villager saying everything that comes to mind.

Yes, that's the post I was thinking about

• Hmm
I don't recall if Vis is more or less tinfloily as a wolf vs villager so I wasn't using it to read her either way. It might have felt like wolfy distraction to some people but to me it just read like a villager saying everything that comes to mind.

Yes, that's the post I was thinking about
So is your village lean on Vis just based on increased activity then?
It just feels a little strange because IIRC, she had IRL things going on during Basics that were contributing to her posting less, so using that activity level as a basis for her read in other games seems a little iffy.

I have her as neutral right now, I'm just trying to get a better handle on your logic.

My phone said everything had loaded until after I posted :/ (I’m in a Starbucks parking lot catching up)

Oh well I was dead so early I didn’t really follow bio shock as close. But, what I did see, I read her wolf because she was actually a little softer around the edges.
I don’t remember reading through dead chat you mentioning sus of cray which is interesting.
But the defense of cray is noted.

So is your village lean on Vis just based on increased activity then?
It just feels a little strange because IIRC, she had IRL things going on during Basics that were contributing to her posting less, so using that activity level as a basis for her read in other games seems a little iffy.

I have her as neutral right now, I'm just trying to get a better handle on your logic.
She did, but she also spent time in wolf chat gathering her thoughts in that game while not posting on the thread. I have her as a slight village lean off of her tone and posting style (more frequent, less compact posts with a more lightheartedly inquisitive tone). And it's just that, a slight village lean, and I'd be willing to change it as she posts more

I don’t remember reading through dead chat you mentioning sus of cray which is interesting.
But the defense of cray is noted.
I mentioned Cray being a wolf several times and wolf zenge asked me why after he died and I even said because she was softening the edges of her usually sharp tongued posts. I just tried to pull them for you but apparently chat isnt searchable and there’s 50 pages. And It’s not defense of cray, it’s contributing to the village decisions rather than sit on my hands. I don’t know for sure what she is now.

Reactions: 5 users
She’s been quiet and never appreciated that I read her correctly last game
Why didn’t you ask dubz or MsP the same?
Last game I had a mini village meltdown. Did you read me village? I honestly can’t remember

@Zenge142 What are your reads right now?
I don't have a lot of strong feelings at the moment. I've never seen a "day 0" before with an election, and then all the craziness that happened where the top two wagons weren't in the run off at all. Still trying to wrap my head around everything.

• Hmm
  • Care
I don't have a lot of strong feelings at the moment. I've never seen a "day 0" before with an election, and then all the craziness that happened where the top two wagons weren't in the run off at all. Still trying to wrap my head around everything.
Okay, but it was still a day of people posting and you have no leans at all from that just because it was an election day and not a yeet vote day?

• Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
Unalive supershorty

I could be wrong, but I might not be. And I feel like killing them is a charity I can do for everyone.

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
Unalive supershorty

I could be wrong, but I might not be. And I feel like killing them is a charity I can do for everyone.
Wait, when did you ever vote for her? Also what does the rest mean?

Okay, but it was still a day of people posting and you have no leans at all from that just because it was an election day and not a yeet vote day?
Leans? Sure. People like Doc E give me the heebie jeebies with his play yesterday. His whole pitch to be PM gave me the willies. Cray's interactions with him also felt super weird. This post in particular pinged me.
Attempt to pocket entire thread with cute cat pic, noted, lol
Like "Oh isn't it so funny how untrustworthy you are?! lol"

Possible pack mates? She was supposedly distrusting of him and then voted to give him extra powers. She "explained" why she voted for him but it wasn't an explanation I found compelling. She later questioned me for wanting my vote to be relevant rather than me throwing it away. And then when I answered her question she completely blew me off and refused to answer my question back at her.
W
Why do you feel the need to be on a PM vote "going somewhere?"

I just can't even this rn lol

So overall, not feeling super great about that. And I don't think she would have pushed me about my voting if I had just "fallen in line" and voted for DocE. In fact, I don't think she pushed anyone who voted DocE or questioned them. On the one hand she could argue "why would I question people on a vote that I agree with". Which is true, but on the other hand, it really does emphasize how much she wanted to get her candidate elected. It actually puts a much greater emphases on her push to get DocE elected, than her shaky explanation for voting for him supports. Not feeling good about that at all.

She also attacked MsP here for self voting
Self election always sus
and then not only didn't go after DocE for it, she voted for him and pushed people who weren't voting for him. It's a sketchy dynamic.

Overall, we still have 32 hours left in the cycle. A lot of player's barely posted yesterday and some didn't post at all. Most of the roster hasn't posted at all yet today. So there's still a lot left to be seen.

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
Wait, when did you ever vote for her? Also what does the rest mean?

Should I say streetjustice supershorty?

Terminology is a bit too embarrassing for me to use.

And it means that her comments up to this point have been a mixture of low level fear mongering that I viewed as "such bad takes that they only represent muddying the water" and just sort of cheerleading others to act first which is one of my favorite wolf hunting techniques - find that person who asks others to vote and then jumps on it (note: she hasn't jumped yet. Only goaded).

If she is a villager, and it's fully possible this game has *just began* then at least I'm picking on a villager who has only had bad takes and useless comments so far.

• Inappropriate
  • Hmm

And it means that her comments up to this point have been a mixture of low level fear mongering that I viewed as "such bad takes that they only represent muddying the water" and just sort of cheerleading others to act first which is one of my favorite wolf hunting techniques - find that person who asks others to vote and then jumps on it (note: she hasn't jumped yet. Only goaded).

If she is a villager, and it's fully possible this game has *just began* then at least I'm picking on a villager who has only had bad takes and useless comments so far.
Okay, the "un" was confusing me. dds says "yeti" and I find it humorous.

Could you elaborate more on the bolded?

This is blatantly false.

I was the 3rd person to vote today and am currently the only vote on the person I'm on.
I was the 1st person to vote for samac yesterday (and the 3rd vote of that cycle), and then changed my vote to SAR when it looked like samac wasn't going to be a viable candidate.

Being rude is whatever, but don't make things up.

Leans? Sure. People like Doc E give me the heebie jeebies with his play yesterday. His whole pitch to be PM gave me the willies. Cray's interactions with him also felt super weird. This post in particular pinged me. Like "Oh isn't it so funny how untrustworthy you are?! lol"

Possible pack mates? She was supposedly distrusting of him and then voted to give him extra powers. She "explained" why she voted for him but it wasn't an explanation I found compelling. She later questioned me for wanting my vote to be relevant rather than me throwing it away. And then when I answered her question she completely blew me off and refused to answer my question back at her.

So overall, not feeling super great about that. And I don't think she would have pushed me about my voting if I had just "fallen in line" and voted for DocE. In fact, I don't think she pushed anyone who voted DocE or questioned them. On the one hand she could argue "why would I question people on a vote that I agree with". Which is true, but on the other hand, it really does emphasize how much she wanted to get her candidate elected. It actually puts a much greater emphases on her push to get DocE elected, than her shaky explanation for voting for him supports. Not feeling good about that at all.

She also attacked MsP here for self voting and then not only didn't go after DocE for it, she voted for him and pushed people who weren't voting for him. It's a sketchy dynamic.

Overall, we still have 32 hours left in the cycle. A lot of player's barely posted yesterday and some didn't post at all. Most of the roster hasn't posted at all yet today. So there's still a lot left to be seen.

Cray and I go way back. Don't be shocked if I threaten various older players on a personal level and say that I will ruin their life.... And then if neither of us die we will just let the whole thing go. It's just like that. We know each other's ways enough that we know we can both "not trust" someone and feel so comfortable with their play that we are okay with them sticking around to feel out what they do if left alive and left in power.

• Hmm
Executive decision that I'll accept the terminology "unalive" for voting in addition to vote and yeet (and yeti lol). So if people want to type extra letters in a waffle fest, be my guest. Just don't blame me if I mess up a tally because I see something that looks like "unvote" or "unyeet."

Reactions: 7 users
This is blatantly false.

I was the 3rd person to vote today and am currently the only vote on the person I'm on.
I was the 1st person to vote for samac yesterday (and the 3rd vote of that cycle), and then changed my vote to SAR when it looked like samac wasn't going to be a viable candidate.

Being rude is whatever, but don't make things up.

I never said you didn't vote. I said you're goading others to act in a way I find disingenuous. And if I wasn't going to be busy for a while I would have stayed silent and waited and watched for you to jump ship to whomever the person your goaded voted for. But I don't have the time and the day round is VERY long so I figured it's worth saying now.

• Hmm
I'm picking on a villager who has only had bad takes and useless comments so far.
Can you highlight some examples of these "bad takes" and "useless comments", and why you feel they're "bad" or "useless"?

Particularly interested in why you feel worse about those comments and takes than some of the people who have barely posted at all or flat out haven't posted.

Cray and I go way back. Don't be shocked if I threaten various older players on a personal level and say that I will ruin their life.... And then if neither of us die we will just let the whole thing go. It's just like that. We know each other's ways enough that we know we can both "not trust" someone and feel so comfortable with their play that we are okay with them sticking around to feel out what they do if left alive and left in power.
Defense of Cray who tried subtly yet firmly to push to get you elected with extra powers. Interesting and noted.

• Hmm
I never said you didn't vote. I said you're goading others to act in a way I find disingenuous. And if I wasn't going to be busy for a while I would have stayed silent and waited and watched for you to jump ship to whomever the person your goaded voted for. But I don't have the time and the day round is VERY long so I figured it's worth saying now.
I mention it's going to be very long because sometimes these sort of "I have a feeling" thoughts and votes become pointless if everyone is already ganging up on someone else

download.jpeg.jpg

• Wow
  • Hmm
find that person who asks others to vote and then jumps on it (note: she hasn't jumped yet. Only goaded).
This very much sounds like you're talking about voting. So what is it that you really mean when you talk about "jumping," then?

Day One - Green and Pleasant Land - Vote Tally

Capri (1) - AM
AM (1) - Ms P
Stagg (1) - Shorty
Sporty (0) -
Cray (1) - samac
Alissa (1) - Barks
Zenge (1) - genny
DocE (1) - April
April (1) - Dubz
Shorty (1) - DocE

9/28 players voting
Voting closes in ~30 hours ish?

oust april

SDN WILL NOT LET ME UNBOLD AND IT'S ANNOYING. I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK BUT I'M LEAVING MY ANGER HERE.

Her logic feels contrived to me. Granted, there are a ton of you (April included) that I've never played with before and this may or may not be just normal behavior.

Executive decision that I'll accept the terminology "unalive" for voting in addition to vote and yeet (and yeti lol). So if people want to type extra letters in a waffle fest, be my guest. Just don't blame me if I mess up a tally because I see something that looks like "unvote" or "unyeet."
Is "oust" acceptable and non-confusing? :p

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
It’s a 36 hour cycle. Why did you not wait until she jumped on the person as a “aha got ya!”?
That sounds like something that would have been better to call out after it happened then to plant that it could have happened....?

Reactions: 3 users
*Literally* her post above my lynch vote.

But also that totally garbage comment about double kills on mayor votes.
You mean this post?
I'm confused about the double kill mayoral thing because I've literally seen a tiemaker die from that before.

Since I barely read the thread yesterday I decided to go back and reread and pull out some stuff I found

I'm here!! I am virtually judging high school congressional debate today, and I am currently listening to teenagers debate whether or not we should tax gas-powered cars. I will try to check in throughout the day, but I won't be done until late afternoon.

This intro pinged me, like wanting to make yourself seem like you're around and contributing, but also giving a IRL excuse to actually not offer up anything

the irl stuff does sound really cool tho alley

Here is my pitch:

I always say to elect someone who doesn't want to be elected that way they can get heightened scrutiny. And I always do not want to be it, because I will always get more scrutiny anyway. But this time..... This time is different.

1. Most of you all don't know me. 2. I encourage said scrutiny (just how I feel comfortable). And 3. This will give me some skin in the game.

Elect DocE

Looking back this weirds me out. Pushing yourself and then you weren't electable anyways. I guess all the royals might have been on your vote, but I think it's more likely that you knew you weren't able to be elected

This exchange is pinging me a little bit, feels weird to start making mechanics-type hypotheses so early on. There were very few votes even placed yet.

I know you commented on Vis tinfoil today, but thoughts on TME today?

There is so much wrong with this post I just don't even. But my goal was to get through a page before starting my errands. I will pick this back up.

Still weird you said this and then pushed for a DocE vote

I know I'm more pro-mechanics talk and that other people don't like it as much, but I don't think it's that odd of a hypothesis to bring up - unless there's a way that royals can pretend vote, we'll know at the end of the day who did or didn't participate. We can't know the ultimate implications of all of it yet, but that's one of the very few things we do know at this point :shrug:

I personally don't mind mechanics talk as long as it doesn't encroach into fishing territory. I think it's important in game-solving for some people.

(In before collective cringe from both AM and shorty)

All I'm saying is that you've never seen her wolf before so you could read her village as a wolf, you don't know, and that's dangerous. You can vote for whoever you want.

This made me chuckle because you recently did something similar in the HP speed game and now you're calling other people for it.

unelect docE
elect msP

Why did you end up switching to MsP?

• Hmm
Can you highlight some examples of these "bad takes" and "useless comments", and why you feel they're "bad" or "useless"?

Particularly interested in why you feel worse about those comments and takes than some of the people who have barely posted at all or flat out haven't posted.

Defense of Cray who tried subtly yet firmly to push to get you elected with extra powers. Interesting and noted.

Already posted about the bad takes. Also just read her comments up to this point.

I'm very clear that I'm just placing a vote for the person who is playing the worst up to this point..it's also day 1. Thats an incredibly subjective take but it's MY take. And sort of by definition you're not going to feel someone who is being quiet is playing poorly. They're barely playing at all.

I never understood the incredibly-beneficial-to-wolves idea of lynching the quiet early in a game. But it's always been rampant in pre-vet. Let me make it clear. That's a very very bad strategy from a pure numbers perspective. You can swing back to those who are quiet after 3-4 rounds.

Forewarning I likely will not be tallying because that's way too many terms for me to accurately keep track of quickly.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users