England - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Night Zero.png

From the southern white cliffs of Dover to the mottled heather on the northern moors, a blanket of peace descended upon England's green and pleasant land. A quiet night, a chance for contemplation, inquiry and repose in anticipation of the struggles to come.

____

In London, the new Prime Minister stepped out of the coach in front of 10 Downing Street -- and with shoulders squared and a very deep breath -- proceeded through the front door.
____

Somewhere in the forest of memory, a slight-framed boy in a page uniform jogged through a dappled wood, muttering under his breath as he ran. As he weaved through a grove of large oak trees, a beam of focused sunlight caught his eye, reflecting off an object with what looked like a glint of metal. Curious, he stopped running and walked towards the clearing. Situated under the beam of light was a sword embedded deep into a boulder. How odd, the boy thought to himself, but how convenient! He grasped the hilt with both hands and braced his foot against the stone. As he gave a yank, the sword slid so easily out from its resting place that he toppled backwards, his gangly legs tripping over roots and dried leaves, and he fell in a twisted heap. As he stood, he hefted the blade and tried out a swing. The sword was too large for him to easily wield, but felt warm in his grip as he shifted it from one hand to the other. He tested the edge and instantly slit the skin on his thumb. Not even a dulled edge from the weather, he puzzled. No matter-- he was already late in getting back, and there would be hell to pay if he didn't sprint. He took off in the direction from whence he came, the sword tucked awkwardly under his arms as he ran.

excalibur.png

and other items have now been activated.
____

In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
A count for votes is off by sleight of hand,
The search for mayor blocked by a queen,
We pray she still rules strongly o'er the lands

Alas, monarchy falls when wolves abound
Long slender teeth want not for greens nor tortes
When hunger strikes it's village they surround
And queens cannot rule lands with empty courts

Here documented is an ode to death,
A humble shroud of flesh and blood and ink,
Upon the stage, here each our own MacBeth
Who occupied this skull in hand, you think?

Today as night falls fast the games begin

And now the challenge: who is foe or kin?

_______
players and locations.png

ᛈᛚᚪᛁᛖᚱᛋ × ᛚᚩᚳᚪᛏᛡᚾᛋ

Please note any changes in location and adjust any applicable conversations accordingly.

London.png

yorkshire and the north.png

oxford & cambridge.png

cornwall.png

parts unknown.png

It is now Day One.
Voting will conclude at 9pm on Monday, March 29th

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• excalibur.png
    excalibur.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Night Zero.png
    Night Zero.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
I was well hydrated last night.
April I meant to lock our convo and not leave it but I guess I left it?
Here I goooooo
7F70311A-1A7D-4463-AB92-05FEEB255CAD.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is just a mod "please like the things I like" post, but the song linked in the night write up is one of my most favorite hymns and was sung at my (british-run) elementary school at an annual springtime school ceremony releasing the students for summer break.

It's also kind of an unofficial English anthem.

The piano version is quite pretty but I think spotify only plays a short clip :annoyed: Recommend opening it in spotify for the full theme experience! :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Day One - Green and Pleasant Land - Vote Tally

Capri (1) - AM
AM (1) - Ms P
Stagg (1) - Shorty
Sporty (1) - Dubz
Cray (1) - samac
Alissa (1) - Barks
Zenge (1) - genny

7/28 players voting
Voting closes in ~33 hours

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone in London who decides I’m worthy of a PM I have a Sweeney Todd gif ready for you making the right call :heckyeah:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Yeet DocE

He rubs me the wrong way and I'm trying to feel out if it's wolfy or just the way he is.

• Hmm
How are you feeling about Zenge now?
Slightly less icky than yesterday. His D0 posts were very pingy and sparse, but he sounds a little bit better today. I'm not taking him down to neutral quite yet because he did the same thing in the last game he wolfed (really wolfy D1 then stepped up his game D2).

Slightly less icky than yesterday. His D0 posts were very pingy and sparse, but he sounds a little bit better today. I'm not taking him down to neutral quite yet because he did the same thing in the last game he wolfed (really wolfy D1 then stepped up his game D2).
His...single post today asking for vote reasoning?

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit, and the vermin of the world inhabit it...
OH MY GOD I LITERALLY READ THIS AS IT WAS ON AND I WAS SINGING WITH IT.
I was an emo teen who loved musicals. Obviously I know the entirety of Sweeney Todd by heart.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
His...single post today asking for vote reasoning?
For some reason I thought there was more than that. Been checking in between barn chores. Well, that's a better reason to keep him in my wolf leans

OH MY GOD I LITERALLY READ THIS AS IT WAS ON AND I WAS SINGING WITH IT.
I was an emo teen who loved musicals. Obviously I know the entirety of Sweeney Todd by heart.
I also know the entire thing by heart :laugh: it's in my top 5 favorite movies

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I also want to remind everyone that the Elizabeth Tower wakes up soon.

• Love
  • Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users