England - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh snap.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Samac, if it actually is a tie, any chance you could break it in my favor and get DocE yeeted?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I was tinfoiling all day that Robinhood was in my group and stole the teapot based on a write up I got when I moved groups.
I shared this with a couple PM partners and tried to get Robinhood the throw me clues on thread.

Sar caught on to the teapot theory but laid out from the information she got that while I was in the right universe and vein of thinking that she got information that it was likely a wolf, sherrif of Nottingham. I’m 99% sure that person is in the north.

I'm confused at where this part was made clear?

And what was it this time? What are you saying it should be?
I was wolf reading him because of some residual salt and sus from the last game where I correctly wolf read him D1. That was stupid this time, I'm not getting the same vibes anymore now that I'm putting old games behind me. Just like in Bioshock I was wolf reading AM D1 then backed off of that right before I died N1 and she did end up being village.

• Hmm
Anyway, I had a lovely last-minute panic-fest with y'all. I've got homework to do and only 3 hours til bedtime.

I'm just gonna leave with a tinfoil theory I have that Robin Hood would make a nice cover role for the Sheriff of Nottingham. Y'know, if I was mod or something.

edit: sorry pippy, didn't see your post until after i sent mine

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Samac, if it actually is a tie, any chance you could break it in my favor and get DocE yeeted?

I mean. Obviously I want the opposite. More importantly I like to think people can notice that once I find someone I actually feel comfortable lynching this chaos from me settles down to a light simmer. And we can learn from this all. Namely that again April could have done a better strategic move way way way earlier in the day as well as earlier in this last hour and misplayed it. Misplays don't deserve mercy. Yeah I'm heartless about this all but I'm also willing to call it like it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyway, I had a lovely last-minute panic-fest with y'all. I've got homework to do and only 3 hours til bedtime.

I'm just gonna leave with a tinfoil theory I have that Robin Hood would make a nice cover role for the Sheriff of Nottingham. Y'know, if I was mod or something.
Or that just because the character is from “the north” doesn’t mean they’re literally in the group of the same name or a number of other things

This is also a thought I had

I...disagree. At least in AM's case.

Are you possibly mistaking affiliation (wolf, village, third party) for class (royal, not royal)?
Also, it can be beneficial to ask questions you already know the answers to.
Possibly. I am trying to play better while not giving anything away myself. And when I read the one deal it struck me as a possible slip.

It seems part of the play is to get people talking to the point they ‘slip’.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Ok. Sorry for yelling, but since this appears to be a tie, there is a protocol for handling those in this game that is slightly different from what you all are used to.

If ties occur in this game, DISCUSSION IS IMMEDIATELY HALTED

until the tie is resolved by player mechanics and the notification is given for conversation to resume.

Unfortunately I was not at a computer until now, but consider this thread COMPLETELY LOCKED FOR DISCUSSION until further notice.

Thank you, and thank you for your patience... this has been a hard afternoon for me.

• Care
Reactions: 24 users
I like Bark's play so far I have her in my village pile.

Shorty- Pressure votes stagg cause they didn’t post all day. I didn't like this at all. Seemed like an easy vote. Stagg has obviously no showed. Got better as the game progressed. Calls out april's defense of vis. The logic to her village read didn't make sense.

April- Yeets DocE for rubbing her the wrong way. She feels he's wolfy. When dubz asked her about zenge she mentioned that he was "slightly less icky than yesterday. His D0 posts were very pingy and sparse, but he sounds a little bit better today. I'm not taking him down to neutral quite yet because he did the same thing in the last game he wolfed (really wolfy D1 then stepped up his game D2)." He only made one post. This seems sus to me.

DocE- Not liking his shorty vote or read. I think her play has somewhat improved. His play, while controversial, reads village. I don't want to see him yeeted today.

This is bob's first game but something about his tone feels off. Feels like he has some sort of info. His fixation on me and no one else feels weird, especially since he's a newbie.

He mentioned that he got this from someone on thread but it still pings me as weird

I agree with telemarketing enigma. It's not worth putting on thread

Unyeet AM, Yeet April
That is no surprise. I can be pretty hard to read in person. I only imagine it is worse on boards!

Thanks for thinking I have some info. That strikes me as hitting close to home. I have actually played this conservative from my perspective and def don’t have info beyond accrued.

To that point, I have held off PM my one person bc trying to save it and don’t get led astray.

But not knowing is why I am liking this!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
DAY ONE

Sherwood Forest, once a tranquil retreat, was anything but quiet now. The annual archery contest had gone bad when Prince John and his trusty Sheriff, in an uncharacteristic moment of inspiration, had seen through Robin's (admittedly rather flimsy) stork disguise. The warrant for his capture was ...some obscene amount of money that makes sense to animated creatures from the 1300s... and his reveal had set off a wild chase through the forest. Shots flew in all directions!

~

Robin nimbly ducked and dodged, but this time his luck had run out, and Nutsy's arrow struck him straight through the heart. Poor little Skippy looked on in horror as his idol tumbled down an embankment into the nearby lake.

The hat was much too big for him... how could he replace the Prince of Thieves?

tumblr_lctoma7tsc1qcwsd8o1_400.gifv

Dead is
ROBIN HOOD
who could steal items from two of the rich every night and redistribute them to the poor.

~

In another time entirely, a large thunderhead consolidated over the Salisbury plain. With a searing flash and deafening crash, @BobLoblaw78 was struck by a bolt of mod lightning. He crumbled to the ground in an ozone-scented smoke.

...Curiously, he rose not five minutes later, shook off some tattered charred rags, and headed back on his way. How odd...

~

IT IS NOW NIGHT ONE.

PLEASE SUBMIT ACTIONS BEFORE 9AM TOMORROW MORNING; THE EARLIER THE BETTER.

• Wow
WHY DID SHE WAIT UNTIL THE LAST 8 MINUTES TO REVEAL ARGHHHHHHHHH

Only bright side of that is I’m right.

Can we slow down for a minute and be 100% certain this isn't a mechanical rabbit hole that will cost us four cycles?

• Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
  • Hmm
WHY DID SHE WAIT UNTIL THE LAST 8 MINUTES TO REVEAL ARGHHHHHHHHH

Only bright side of that is I’m right.

I've been village reading you, but this is giving me flashbacks to when you yeeted zenge in ggoats

Please explain how you were right because I don't understand

Reactions: 7 users
also @samac why are you being referred to as the sheriff in the write-up if the sheriff is supposed to be the wolf who stole the teapot?

• Hmm
I've been village reading you, but this is giving me flashbacks to when you yeeted zenge in ggoats

Please explain how you were right because I don't understand
I got a hint that made me think about Robinhood when I was moved groups. I thought Robinhood took the teapot.

Sar picked up on this and went to yeet me because she realized my tinfoil was partially right and I’ll let her explain what information she got to realize I was right, I don’t know but she did.

with that it kind of confirmed my tinfoil but Sar said it was a wolfy action, so I started thinking about the sherrif of Nottingham, apparently so did Sar.

April role reveals with 8 minutes to go and said she didn’t take the teapot, but Sar had already made the Robinhood connection.

the Sherrif of Nottingham is very likely left in the north.

also @samac why are you being referred to as the sheriff in the write-up if the sheriff is supposed to be the wolf who stole the teapot?
for what its worth thats a pretty literal description of a scene from the disney robin hood movie

Reactions: 4 users
I didn't read it that way at all

And just as it was incorrect to assume I was outting wolves in that one writeup in Bioshock, I don't think pippy would refer to a player by her actual role in a writeup either

That is no surprise. I can be pretty hard to read in person. I only imagine it is worse on boards!

Thanks for thinking I have some info. That strikes me as hitting close to home. I have actually played this conservative from my perspective and def don’t have info beyond accrued.

To that point, I have held off PM my one person bc trying to save it and don’t get led astray.

But not knowing is why I am liking this!
David-Tennant-Shh-Quiet-On-Doctor-Who.gif

• Haha
  • Sad
Sorry I missed the vote close guys. I did catch up and probably would've stayed on AM anyways

I think more discussion should be on Stagg, Enigma, and Vis personally tomorrow.

• Hmm
contingency yeet AM

• Hmm