England - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is the reasoning that let her skate by as a wolf for so long in Bioshock.
Oh puhlease. It wasn't because I was throwing sus. That's NAI. Don't lynch people for NAI stuff.

I find it ironic you're criticizing Sunny for saying this, when she's the one person who to my knowledge actually correctly identified one of my main wolf tells.

You think because someone sounds similar to their village self they're village. So many noobs been saying this. You got to find subtle differences.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Early reads are more reliable imo. In my limited experience wolves tend to work really hard to clean up their act once there’s heat on them for their early posts.

Why didn't you vote for her earlier then?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh puhlease. It wasn't because I was throwing sus. That's NAI. Don't lynch people for NAI stuff.

I find it ironic you're criticizing Sunny for saying this, when she's the one person who to my knowledge actually correctly identified one of my main wolf tells.

You think because someone sounds similar to their village self they're village. So many noobs been saying this. You got to find subtle differences.
Cray, I understand that you're on the crapping on how I play train this game, but puhlease, consider reading further into the thread before you reply to people because you're trying to start an argument over a point I didn't make and even clarified that.

Th
I don't have a lot of strong feelings at the moment. I've never seen a "day 0" before with an election, and then all the craziness that happened where the top two wagons weren't in the run off at all. Still trying to wrap my head around everything.
This doesn't feel real from Zenge at all. This feels like at least one wolf post he had in Bioshock. Feels overstating the drama and confusion of the election and what it means.

Unalive supershorty

I could be wrong, but I might not be. And I feel like killing them is a charity I can do for everyone.
See the thing is, DocE didn't realize that shorty is fairly popular as a noob because she posts a lot, tries to be like AM (but less condescension), and seems fairly easy to read (and popular with wolves for being somewhat easy to mislead/manipulate).

So he kinda stepped in it. Which is actually good, it's good to have players who will challenge the village pet, either because she isn't village, or to see what people do.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Because I never had a strong wolf read on her, nor anyone else.

I'm not sure how your response answers my question then. If April's early posts are reliable in calling her wolfy, why did so many votes on her drop so late in the cycle? Because all but dubz vote came with less than two hours left in the cycle

• Hmm
Tinfoily? How would you describe that word in this context?
As in, it’s a strong working theory that the Sheriff of Nottingham and the residents of the north are linked

As in, it’s a strong working theory that the Sheriff of Nottingham and the residents of the north are linked
And that you will bet your life (and allow yourself to be successfully yeeted) if you are wrong? Deal?

• Okay...
And that you will bet your life (and allow yourself to be successfully yeeted) if you are wrong? Deal?
I don't need to make deals with you. It's a game

I don't need to make deals with you. It's a game
Why are you so afraid to say yes if it's a strong solid theory? You should have nothing to lose because there's no way it's wrong and a bunch of misyeets, right?

Why are you so afraid to say yes if it's a strong solid theory? You should have nothing to lose because there's no way it's wrong and a bunch of misyeets, right?
i said working theory or did you stop reading?

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Are you saying it's a good idea to lynch someone for being wrong independent of whether you think they are a wolf?
Nope, I say yeet wolves who pocket noobs into misyeeting three cycles in a row.

On a completely different topic, capri voting for me last minute was super weird and I'm keeping my eye on her tonight. Also looking at vis for tomorrow

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
i said working theory or did you stop reading?
You've already failed to yeet a wolf once. What park of it is still "working" given you're on misyeet #2? Is it finished after you yeet samac? Or will you still be looking for the North?
and where am i pocketing noobs?
That's the part that bothers you?

Leans? Sure. People like Doc E give me the heebie jeebies with his play yesterday. His whole pitch to be PM gave me the willies. Cray's interactions with him also felt super weird. This post in particular pinged me. Like "Oh isn't it so funny how untrustworthy you are?! lol"

Possible pack mates? She was supposedly distrusting of him and then voted to give him extra powers. She "explained" why she voted for him but it wasn't an explanation I found compelling. She later questioned me for wanting my vote to be relevant rather than me throwing it away. And then when I answered her question she completely blew me off and refused to answer my question back at her.

So overall, not feeling super great about that. And I don't think she would have pushed me about my voting if I had just "fallen in line" and voted for DocE. In fact, I don't think she pushed anyone who voted DocE or questioned them. On the one hand she could argue "why would I question people on a vote that I agree with". Which is true, but on the other hand, it really does emphasize how much she wanted to get her candidate elected. It actually puts a much greater emphases on her push to get DocE elected, than her shaky explanation for voting for him supports. Not feeling good about that at all.

She also attacked MsP here for self voting and then not only didn't go after DocE for it, she voted for him and pushed people who weren't voting for him. It's a sketchy dynamic.

Overall, we still have 32 hours left in the cycle. A lot of player's barely posted yesterday and some didn't post at all. Most of the roster hasn't posted at all yet today. So there's still a lot left to be seen.
This was awful. He completely misstated and twisted what I said, which I had to sit back and painfully watch him do as a wolf in Bioshock.

I stated that DocE is too dangerous to go to endgame, I also stated that he is a really, really good villager. I gave an in depth analysis of the risk/benefit to giving him more power. Just because I acknowledged the risks, which frankly is inherent

I'm glad you all saw me wolf just last game. So you should know I'm way too smart to be caught by "bad logic" like saying "wow my packmate is so sketchy and I'm going to say so and then push to give them powers!!!" I love WIFOM, sure, and you can say this is that, but one thing you know I watch as a wolf is my logic progression.

There was no lapse of logic here, but since I thought of all the angles (and you should consider them when voting a mayor) he wants to jump and twist there to being one.

And yes, generally I don't like self votes, but I made an exception for DocE. I don't think he shameless self promotion is as AI for him as it might be for others, despite my distaste for it. Pretty sure I clearly explained that.

Just as DocE has a rule for electing mayors, but he still promotes himself.

What's wolfy for the gender isn't always wolfy for the goose. The sooner you guys learn that people will find others wolfy for something they themselves will do when they are village, and it isn't a wolfy laspe of logic that they are hypocritical in this fashion, the better off you'll be. And what's wolfy for one player might not be for another.

You guys have been extremely bad at figuring out exactly what flavors of hypocrisy truly don't make sense, and which are actually wolfy hypocrisy.

Zenge is smarter than this.

You've already failed to yeet a wolf once. What park of it is still "working" given you're on misyeet #2? Is it finished after you yeet samac? Or will you still be looking for the North?

That's the part that bothers you?
Are you talking about april? I didn't vote for april. I voted who i think is most wolfy. It's out of my control that not everyone agrees with me. I don't plan on yeeting samac. I have no idea where you're getting that from. My working theory is more about mechanics (your favorite) and game solving than it is about wolf hunting, though, if my theory if right, it can be used to catch the sheriff. And yeah it bothers me because you're making false claims about me again

Should I say streetjustice supershorty?

Terminology is a bit too embarrassing for me to use.

And it means that her comments up to this point have been a mixture of low level fear mongering that I viewed as "such bad takes that they only represent muddying the water" and just sort of cheerleading others to act first which is one of my favorite wolf hunting techniques - find that person who asks others to vote and then jumps on it (note: she hasn't jumped yet. Only goaded).

If she is a villager, and it's fully possible this game has *just began* then at least I'm picking on a villager who has only had bad takes and useless comments so far.
This was an excellent case for Shorty being wolf, and one that I had already observed, but DocE actioned on it. I didn't, because I knew I would need more to ever successfully make a case.

And note that DocE in this post, or any post, isn't saying he thinks she's village and voting for her anyway. He's saying that he thinks she's wolf, but like anyone should, he's considering what it will cost village if he's wrong. For some players, this will make you slow on the trigger (AM, WZ are examples) and for others it will make you decide there's a lower threshold for being OK exiting someone from the game in terms of what's lost.

Are you talking about april? I didn't vote for april. I voted who i think is most wolfy. It's out of my control that not everyone agrees with me. I don't plan on yeeting samac. I have no idea where you're getting that from. My working theory is more about mechanics (your favorite) and game solving than it is about wolf hunting, though, if my theory if right, it can be used to catch the sheriff. And yeah it bothers me because you're making false claims about me again
Did you really just say the bolded?

Nope, I say yeet wolves who pocket noobs into misyeeting three cycles in a row.

No, that isn't what you said. This is what you said, including, specifically "if you are wrong":

You are clearly suggesting lynching someone for being wrong, not because you suspect they are a wolf. That's about as anti-village as you can get. We're ALL wrong in every single game. It's bizarre to me that you would suggest lynching someone for promoting a theory if they turn out to be wrong.

Reactions: 5 users
And you're one to talk AM. I never got your so-called magical reads list. Did that ever come into fruition or are you still working on it? You can't blame me for misyeeting a villager tonight when you stayed on your stagg vote all alone for god only knows why

No, that isn't what you said. This is what you said, including, specifically "if you are wrong":

You are clearly suggesting lynching someone for being wrong, not because you suspect they are a wolf. That's about as anti-village as you can get. We're ALL wrong in every single game. It's bizarre to me that you would suggest lynching someone for promoting a theory if they turn out to be wrong.
Wolves tend to be "wrong" about theories.
"Oopsies, I didn't mean to yeet all those villagers [and none of my partners]. Sorry I was wrong."

And you're one to talk AM. I never got your so-called magical reads list. Did that ever come into fruition or are you still working on it? You can't blame me for misyeeting a villager tonight when you stayed on your stagg vote all alone for god only knows why
Did you miss my POE I posted literally less than an hour ago? And did you miss the reasoning literally in the Stagg yeet when I did it? And will you address the bolded statement in your other quote?

Should I say streetjustice supershorty?

Terminology is a bit too embarrassing for me to use.

And it means that her comments up to this point have been a mixture of low level fear mongering that I viewed as "such bad takes that they only represent muddying the water" and just sort of cheerleading others to act first which is one of my favorite wolf hunting techniques - find that person who asks others to vote and then jumps on it (note: she hasn't jumped yet. Only goaded).

If she is a villager, and it's fully possible this game has *just began* then at least I'm picking on a villager who has only had bad takes and useless comments so far.
Also, I saw some people used inappropriate. I will return to this topic about moderation, but that can actually trigger the SDN mods to come in.

Feelings get heated, and sometimes after some time, you might realize you were upset but it wasn't that bad. He said he thought her reads and comments were bad and not useful. Get a grip.

It would be a shame to be upset and get WW shut down for everyone, and not even be mad *. Before ANYONE goes to SDN mods for anything less than name-calling, you should first be going to the game moderator. Then take a 24 hr break before reporting to SDN mods.

I'm not sure what happened here, but I hope someone didn't bring the SDN mods in. The level of rudeness didn't necessitate it imo.

Maybe we should start running games in the Lounge just to be safer from getting shut down.

*Edit about it the next day

Last edited:
  • Okay...
This is blatantly false.

I was the 3rd person to vote today and am currently the only vote on the person I'm on.
I was the 1st person to vote for samac yesterday (and the 3rd vote of that cycle), and then changed my vote to SAR when it looked like samac wasn't going to be a viable candidate.

Being rude is whatever, but don't make things up.
This rebuttal didn't seem to prove anything, or actually rebut his point.

Saying he was making up what he said made no sense to me, because I observed the same thing. So this read like a very wolfy reaction to me.

Wolves tend to be "wrong" about theories.
"Oopsies, I didn't mean to yeet all those villagers [and none of my partners]. Sorry I was wrong."

Villagers are wrong all the time, too.

So?

Wrong isn't inherently AI, yet in this case you seem to be suggesting it is.

State it 100% clearly: Do you feel that the people pushing the 'North' theory are wolves, or just villagers being wrong?

Reactions: 3 users
This rebuttal didn't seem to prove anything, or actually rebut his point.

Saying he was making up what he said made no sense to me, because I observed the same thing. So this read like a very wolfy reaction to me.
So put your vote on me, unless you want to spend another bunch of pages ****ting on how I play, but your mindmeld buddy has done PLENTY of that. JFC. I'm playing the same way I've played in all my other village games. You want to tunnel and misyeet, that's your prerogative, but then put your money where your mouth is and do it instead of just slinging insults about how bad you think my noob class is.

Some of you in this game seem to be going out of your way to try to make it as little fun as possible. WW absolutely can be played without stooping to outright ad hominem attacks like saying someone is the worst player on the thread, or repeatedly hammering home their "piss poor reads" or how terrible you think my noob class is at reading things, or whatever BS. It's unnecessary, I don't care if it's NAI. Some of y'all are being jerks just because you can.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Cray and I go way back. Don't be shocked if I threaten various older players on a personal level and say that I will ruin their life.... And then if neither of us die we will just let the whole thing go. It's just like that. We know each other's ways enough that we know we can both "not trust" someone and feel so comfortable with their play that we are okay with them sticking around to feel out what they do if left alive and left in power.
I had actually wanted the first thing I said off post restriction to be that DocE is easily one of my favorite personalities on SDN. Whenever he posts its like a sprinkling of golden manna from the butt of a unicorn.

He's one of my favorite people, and I'm pretty PO'd that a bunch of noobs were gonna be so rude as to yeet him off his first day back from like a 2 yr hiatus just because he said someone was a bad villager and with trash reads. He wasn't being particularly wolfy even.

I'll point out more where DocE is a genius and you guys could learn a lot from him. Sometimes we need mean players to elevate the game. Rah rah cheerleading hasn't done much to improve some of you.

For the record, LIS was a HELLUVA lot meaner to me when I was a noob. I straight cried, almost quit the game and all of WW for life. But in hindsight some of the meanest players were some of the best and they taught me a lot. I wouldn't take it back for nothing.

I like the game being contentious and cantankerous, to a point. I also play to win, winning is fun.

• Okay...
  • Sad
Villagers are wrong all the time, too.

So?

Wrong isn't inherently AI, yet in this case you seem to be suggesting it is.

State it 100% clearly: Do you feel that the people pushing the 'North' theory are wolves, or just villagers being wrong?
When it's a theory that involves yeeting at least three people randomly (maybe four), I fail see how there's no wolf motivation. samac was super invested in the idea that there was one wolf in every group last game, and two games prior to that was super invested in the idea that a group of three contained a wolf. So believing this is par for her that I can pass that off as noobiness for expecting everything will be in a neat bucket despite being proven otherwise. alissa, on the other hand, knows better. Maybe there is a North wolf, but I think blindly yeeting until the entire group is dead is the wolfiest way to go about exploring it. They'd be discovered just the same by just voting the wolfiest people and the number will dwindle and out them naturally instead of buying free misyeeting during the hardest part of the game for wolves to control.

I had actually wanted the first thing I said off post restriction to be that DocE is easily one of my favorite personalities on SDN. Whenever he posts its like a sprinkling of golden manna from the butt of a unicorn.

He's one of my favorite people, and I'm pretty PO'd that a bunch of noobs were gonna be so rude as to yeet him off his first day back from like a 2 yr hiatus just because he said someone was a bad villager and with trash reads. He wasn't being particularly wolfy even.

I'll point out more where DocE is a genius and you guys could learn a lot from him. Sometimes we need mean players to elevate the game. Rah rah cheerleading hasn't done much to improve some of you.

For the record, LIS was a HELLUVA lot meaner to me when I was a noob. I straight cried, almost quit the game and all of WW for life. But in hindsight some of the meanest players were some of the best and they taught me a lot. I wouldn't take it back for nothing.

I like the game being contentious and cantankerous, to a point. I also play to win, winning is fun.
Okay, here's a tip for winning. Stop tunneling shorty.

When it's a theory that involves yeeting at least three people randomly (maybe four), I fail see how there's no wolf motivation. samac was super invested in the idea that there was one wolf in every group last game, and two games prior to that was super invested in the idea that a group of three contained a wolf. So believing this is par for her that I can pass that off as noobiness for expecting everything will be in a neat bucket despite being proven otherwise. alissa, on the other hand, knows better. Maybe there is a North wolf, but I think blindly yeeting until the entire group is dead is the wolfiest way to go about exploring it. They'd be discovered just the same by just voting the wolfiest people and the number will dwindle and out them naturally instead of buying free misyeeting during the hardest part of the game for wolves to control.
this has nothing to do with the theory. I do know better that some groups will have wolves and some may have zero

this has nothing to do with the theory. I do know better that some groups will have wolves and some may have zero
Well, since you won't share the theory on thread, I wouldn't know exactly what you're discussing.

Well, since you won't share the theory on thread, I wouldn't know exactly what you're discussing.
so then why do you keep pushing me. Until samac gives me permission, the things we've discussed stay between her and I

I think more discussion should be on Stagg, Enigma, and Vis personally tomorrow.
I'm so glad the reads list that took you several hours to come up with led to this. 100% worth the wait. thank you AM for your selfless contribution to village

• Haha
so then why do you keep pushing me. Until samac gives me permission, the things we've discussed stay between her and I
Because you keep changing your story for why you're yeeting me. You're trying to get a misyeet and have shown me no edivence you're actually evaluating the game outside of keeping yourself threat-free.

First reason was because I wasn't doing enough by "page 25".
Next it was because I need to "stop pressuring MsP".
Later it was because I need to "share my thought process"
Further out it was because "my thoughts weren't in an organized list"
Even further out it was because I need to "stop pressuring Enigma"
Now it's because "hidden theory" and I was "pressuring Stagg"

Do you see the problem with moving goalposts? If you were village, you wouldn't be simultaneously badgering me to do more than getting upset when I make more efforts toward gamesolving.

Who even is all in your POE?

I'm so glad the reads list that took you several hours to come up with led to this. 100% worth the wait. thank you AM for your selfless contribution to village
Do you have a problem with the people on it?