Enough Timing for MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IH8ColdWeath3r

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I tried to search for the MCAT study threads, but this is really a much diff. question than other threads which approach strategy. I've been told to :
(1) move this to the allopathic forum
(2) be more specific
I'd really appreciate the help and advice! thanks!

Im currently scheduled to take the sept 11 MCAT (the last date) and will be applying next year. Im taking 18 hrs right now, and im doing fine in school but i'm trying to periodically review for the mcat w the EK books, and BR gchem + physics. Is it smart to do this or should I focus on school and leave the studying for the beginning of may. The more I read these books, the more I realize how desperately I need review!

I should mention:
(1)I will be taking a 10 week cell bio course 2Xweek for 2 hrs/day) that starts in June (June 7th to Aug 4th)
(2) plus Physics II in 5 weeks(X4 week for 1.5 hrs) starting in july--July 7-Aug 7
At the same time, i will be doing the TPR prep course which is from May 7th-June 27th So, summer classes don't star til june, so all of may will be just mcat studying. Also, I think if by taking physics II during summer, it will be fresh with me, plus the cell bio is great bio review. (im a bio major) Im good with time management + took 17 hrs last sem. and made a 4.0, :D but honestly is this doable?

My question is, do you think this is an adequate amount of time time to prep? should I not start reviewing until may when school is over? And is it bad that I will be in physics II during the time when I should really be preparing and review the material? Has anyone else done this, and if so what was your experience? Should I consider moving my MCAT to January? I'm afraid if I do, I wont study as much throughout the school year?:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,
I tried to search for the MCAT study threads, but this is really a much diff. question than other threads which approach strategy. I've been told to :
(1) move this to the allopathic forum
(2) be more specific
I'd really appreciate the help and advice! thanks!

Im currently scheduled to take the sept 11 MCAT (the last date) and will be applying next year. Im taking 18 hrs right now, and im doing fine in school but i'm trying to periodically review for the mcat w the EK books, and BR gchem + physics. Is it smart to do this or should I focus on school and leave the studying for the beginning of may. The more I read these books, the more I realize how desperately I need review!

I should mention:
(1)I will be taking a 10 week cell bio course 2Xweek for 2 hrs/day) that starts in June (June 7th to Aug 4th)
(2) plus Physics II in 5 weeks(X4 week for 1.5 hrs) starting in july--July 7-Aug 7
At the same time, i will be doing the TPR prep course which is from May 7th-June 27th So, summer classes don't star til june, so all of may will be just mcat studying. Also, I think if by taking physics II during summer, it will be fresh with me, plus the cell bio is great bio review. (im a bio major) Im good with time management + took 17 hrs last sem. and made a 4.0, :D but honestly is this doable?

My question is, do you think this is an adequate amount of time time to prep? should I not start reviewing until may when school is over? And is it bad that I will be in physics II during the time when I should really be preparing and review the material? Has anyone else done this, and if so what was your experience? Should I consider moving my MCAT to January? I'm afraid if I do, I wont study as much throughout the school year?:rolleyes:

I think you have a nice plan here. The extra month or so in August before you take the test should be devoted to taking TONS of practice tests and really pinpointing problems. But you've stretched it out long enough that you should have plenty of time to really determine your strengths and weaknesses and improve. Plus, you'll have plenty of time to study before the next one, should you need to retake it!

Last edited: