EPPP practice test scores for those who passed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This has been my favorite forum as I prepped for the EPPP. I passed yesterday with a pretty high score (90 NY). May have overdone it, but didn't want to under do it. Started AATBS practice tests in the low 50%. Study areas I missed and general study, listened to tapes, googled answers I didn't know, and made a list of stuff I wasn't getting. After about a month test scores went up to mid 60's, Did more of the same for another month and reviewed the list of stuff I wasn't getting, and eventually scores went up again to mid 70's / low 80's. Took 7 of the 8 AATBS test twice and looked at questions from other older courses and quizlet. I have dyslexia which was a curse and a blessing as my auditory memory is pretty good, but would sometimes misread words in a question or an answer.

Not an easy test and felt like a gave a decent answers for most questions and some I just didn't have any idea. But like I read on here a lot, if you put in the time and study the way you know you learn you can do it. .I continued make progress about every 3 or 4 practice tests moving from 50's to 60's to 70's on the practice tests. Sending all who are read this my best wishes and encouragement.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Highly recommend AATBS. It can be overwhelming and intimidating but it will help you with improving your test taking strategy. It was close enough to the actual exam. AR is similar to AATBS and some of the questions are exactly the same. I have used PsychPrep, AR, AATBS, Prepjet. I used sample test from Taylor Method.
Thanks for the help. This is exactly the type of answer I was looking for. Thanks again.

Thanks for the help. This is exactly the type of answer I was looking for. Thanks again.

One last question for everyone. Sorry to be a bother. I am looking at Academic Review, and I really like their testing program as it has a link to further detail on the topic. However, I have read that AATBS is supposed to be more accurate regarding their test questions and the exam. Both programs offer good rationales for the answers, but AATBS does not offer links to the topic. I am really struggling to decide what would be the best plan. Any further suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been some time, but I use strictly hand me down AR materials. It was all chapter overviews and 4 practice tests. It was more than enough to get me there with a couple weeks of studying and taking and reviewing practice tests.

Reactions: 1 users
One last question for everyone. Sorry to be a bother. I am looking at Academic Review, and I really like their testing program as it has a link to further detail on the topic. However, I have read that AATBS is supposed to be more accurate regarding their test questions and the exam. Both programs offer good rationales for the answers, but AATBS does not offer links to the topic. I am really struggling to decide what would be the best plan. Any further suggestions?

You pretty much answer your own question. You know exactly what you need, go for it. I made the mistake myself. For the past 3 years, I knew I needed a tutor or classroom setting type of learning for the EPPP, but took people's advice to just take practice tests over and over.. Then I took the 4 day workshop, and I told myself, "This is exactly what I needed, why didn't I do it before?"

AATBS provide rationales but it won't provide the links. If you have AATBS reading materials or other companies' materials, you can always refer to it. And there's always google. More people have high success with AATBS than other companies. But AR is similar. You can't go wrong -- it is not so much the content, but the knowing the test taking strategies. You have to be fluid across all domains because everything interrelates.

You pretty much answer your own question. You know exactly what you need, go for it. I made the mistake myself. For the past 3 years, I knew I needed a tutor or classroom setting type of learning for the EPPP, but took people's advice to just take practice tests over and over.. Then I took the 4 day workshop, and I told myself, "This is exactly what I needed, why didn't I do it before?"

AATBS provide rationales but it won't provide the links. If you have AATBS reading materials or other companies' materials, you can always refer to it. And there's always google. More people have high success with AATBS than other companies. But AR is similar. You can't go wrong -- it is not so much the content, but the knowing the test taking strategies. You have to be fluid across all domains because everything interrelates.

Thanks again. I am probably overthinking it.

Does anyone have more recent AATBS material that they are selling or willing to give away for free? I have some older psych prep material and had been taking practice tests on AR, but after taking the EPPP yesterday and failing, I felt that I was not prepared. I am feeling very discouraged and must pass ASAP. Thanks!

I was more curious if there is actually data to back that up, or it's what they claim. Because the scant data there is would suggest that the opposite is actually the case.

Are you studying too much for the EPPP?
Thanks for sharing. This quote from that article is telling: Just 15 programs — 13 of them PsyD programs — accounted for almost 39 percent of EPPP failures.

Hi all!!

Just passed the exam yesterday (yay!) with a 572. I thought I'd add a bit to this thread since it has been so helpful for me throughout this process.

My job bought the AATBS written materials, which I think were helpful for the first go through, but honestly seemed to go into WAY more detail in most areas than was actually necessary. I purchased the AATBS pre-test thing (the exam to get your baseline or whatever) and scored something dismal like 44% or something. I got some hand-me-down audio lectures that (I think) came from PsychPrep, and I found these very helpful for listening to in the car, while walking the dog, or doing something else.

I'll add to previous advice: take practice exams. Practice exams were by far the most helpful in learning the style of questions and the other nuances associated with this exam. I also found it helpful to create small "cheat sheets" for the various sections, as these allowed me to continue rehearsal when I started doing more in-depth study on other areas. No time spent on ethics is wasted. I feel like these questions are the most likely to trip you up or present you with an unfamiliar situation or ethical issue. I think it's also worthwhile to give diagnosis/abnormal a good amount of time due to the sheer proportion of the exam devoted to this area, and I spent quite a bit of time on developmental as mostly all of my training/practice has been with adults.

I'll say I also bought the Taylor Study Method exam-only package. I found these helpful for identifying areas that I still consistently had weaknesses in, and it made it a bit easier to review rationales and things for answers I missed. It took a lot longer to score and identify weakness areas for other old practice tests I had since I had to score them myself. As far as the quality of the TSM exams, I felt like they certainly helped me prepare but I sort of feel like they purposely try to be overly convoluted and attempt to "trip you up" more than the actual exam does. I found the actual exam to be much more straightforward in its questions and answers, and the highlighting/strikethrough features are definitely helpful.

One last thing I'd mention is when you're taking the exam, don't freak out if you don't take the whole time. When I submitted my exam I still had something like 90 minutes left. I've always been a bit of a fast test taker, so this wasn't too surprising for me personally. Oh, and one last thing, I noticed often that I would switch my answer away from the correct answer. When you're taking exams, try to take note of when you've switched an answer. You may be surprised to find that you're often changing your right answer to a wrong one. Hope that helps!! This exam is definitely doable, and if I can pass it I have full faith that you can too.

Reactions: 2 users
I passed a couple of weeks ago with a 610! I am so happy to have this behind me. I can add very little to GoPokes suggestions. Psychprep in the car, practice exams to the nth power, etc. However, I used ARs testing program and found it very helpful.

I went through the Psychprep audio over 2 months. I only went through it once. I used Prepjet for the first month of studying. Read each section and took each quiz. I then went back and took each quiz until I had a perfect score. I took a practice test once a week while studying with Prepjet.

The second month of studying was strictly practice tests in AR. I did them mostly in study mode and it was very helpful.

I also took both PEPPPOs after about 6 weeks of study - each taken a week apart, with the last one taken a week before my exam.

I left the test already planning my next study program, only to be absolutely surprised by my score. My theory is that the questions that blow your mind are so powerful that they stand out and make you believe you have failed. I also wonder if it is the experimental questions that cause this issue.

I was the opposite regarding time. I probably marked 50 questions, but never got to review them as I was booted out after clicking on my last answer. I actually took the entire time to take the test. Probably better I did not review the questions. I would love to review them now, but I guess I need to let go. :)

Thanks to all for this thread. It has been a great help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok guys, I may be asking for some reassurance here.

I've officially scheduled the exam for Sept 6th (I'd probably put it off further, but have to do it that week for my job)

I've been studying with AATBS written materials and various hand-me-down practice exams. I also purchased the unlimited exams from Taylor Study Method.

My scores here more recently have been in the low-mid 60's, a few passes or close (70, 73, 69.5) and a 78% on the 250 retired questions from modern psychologist. From looking at this thread, it feels like I'm in a mostly similar place to those who passed. I can't help but worry that I'm not ready for some reason.

I plan to take the PEPPO and PEPPO2 soon just to see. My hope is that I won't fail them and shake my confidence even more. This is feeling like one of those things in life where you'll likely never feel totally ready.

If you don’t mind me asking, how did you do on the exam? I recently took the exam on the 14th of September and failed. The questions were not remotely similar to the Mock exams I took.

I found SDN to be helpful as I navigated the EPPP process. Paying it forward :)

Took it Tuesday and passed (575-600 score). Studied June through October any chance I could get while working full-time. Studied approximately 250 hours (not counting listening to audio CDs while driving, approx 40 min a day).

Took the PEPPPO (acronym correct?) and passed. The exam most closely resembled the PEPPPO in my opinion. Made high 60s/low 70s on around 8 practice tests from various sources (AATBS, etc).

Rarely did a correct answer “jump out” at me. It was a difficult exam. I am thankful to be done and soon you will be, too! :)

I found this thread really helpful when I was studying so I wanted to add to it now that I have passed. I took the eppp today (1st attempt) and scored a 700. I’m about 5 years out of grad school (been working as a school psych) and studied for 4 months for 10 hours a week. I used the academic review books and online tests and quizzes. I also listened to the psych prep audio. My academic review exam mode test scores were around 77-80% correct during my last 4 weeks of studying. I felt like I could at least limit down answer choices on all of the questions and automatically knew answers to about half of them on the test. I hope this helps!

Hi everyone....when Passing the EPPP do you get one or two printouts (graph stating how you did on each section and score)?

Hi everyone....when Passing the EPPP do you get one or two printouts (graph stating how you did on each section and score)?

Hey! Passing is 1 page, failing is 2. If you fail the second page provides a breakdown of how you did on the different areas to help you study better the next time.

Hey! Passing is 1 page, failing is 2. If you fail the second page provides a breakdown of how you did on the different areas to help you study better the next time.

Thank you!

Hi all!! This thread was really helpful for me so I thought I would post my experience!! I just passed the EPPP today with a score of 685 (89 NY), first-time test taker. I altogether studied for about 11 weeks. Like someone else on here said, I may have overdone it, but I didn't want to under do it.

I used AATBS materials and some audio from PsychPrep. Before I started studying at all, I did an assessment exam from AATBS and got a 53%. I got AATBS Testmaster 30 days before my test and took 2 tests a week. The last practice test I took 3 days before the actual exam was a 74%. The ones before that were (from most recent to oldest) 70%, 76%, 72%, 74%, and 74%. So obviously I wasn't improving much despite more studying. I would take a test, study an area I was low in, then next time I would be fine in that area but low in another!

By the time I started taking Testmaster practice tests I had been studying using books from AATBS and flash cards for about 6 weeks. I spent a lot of time reviewing the practice tests I had taken and reading rationales, which was crucial. I used a few retired item banks in between, which was helpful for getting different types of questions. When I took the Testmaster tests again after a couple of weeks I usually got around 95% the second time. I used the PsychPrep flash card app for on-the-go, but I didn't think those questions were super helpful. The audio is really fantastic for making use of dead time while you are cooking or driving, especially for those of us with a commute.

All in all I felt the AATBS materials prepared me well. It is a HARD TEST. Even though I had read of lots of people on this thread scoring in the 60s with AATBS tests and passing, I was still nervous and worked hard. The test itself I felt was similar enough in format to the AATBS Testmaster tests. I LOVED the strikethrough and highlight tools the real test had, though--super helpful. I agree with what other people said about not really having a good idea of how you are doing during the test. There were a lot of questions I had no idea on and had to eliminate as many responses as possible and then guess. I just kept reminding myself that a) I felt like this on all my practice tests and passed, and b) lots of the tricky ones were probably questions they were testing out.

Test stuff: I took two breaks, the first one about 10 minutes and the second one about 8 minutes. I used the bathroom, chatted with the testing center worker, had a small snack, and walked around. I had planned on maybe taking a third break but it's kind of a fuss to get checked in and out and I was feeling okay, so I just went with two. I ended up having plenty of time at the end, so I went through every question one more time just to make sure I hadn't made any stupid mistakes. READING QUESTIONS CAREFULLY is so, so crucial. One word in a big paragraph can totally change the meaning and lose you points. In all 225 questions I went through a second time, I only ended up changing 3 questions from my first answer. With practice tests, I encourage you to note when you want to change an answer and if you did/did not change it--most people change from a correct to a wrong answer, so keeping track will give you an idea of if you should be changing answers or not.

I had my best friend taking the test soon after me and it was invaluable to have her to bounce questions off of, complain, and just commiserate. Misery loves miserable company :).

I am so, SO RELIEVED that it is over. Best of luck to all of you!!!

I passed the CPLEE yesterday!! What a finish to a great year.

Now to mail my materials and check to the board, so they can lose it again.

Hello all! This thread has been extremely helpful in my preparation for the EPPP. And now that I've passed after taking it a couple of weeks ago :clap: I wanted to share my experiences!

I bought old AATBS books from a friend and was given old practice tests from a colleague (I'm not sure which company they came from). I studied everyday for at least 1 hour for about 4 weeks. With a full-time postdoc and personal obligations, it was all I could manage. The practice tests were the best study tool for me! My scores ranged from high 50s to low 70s. I took about 11 of them in all. I also took the 250 retired EPPP questions (scored 74%) and the PEPPO, which I passed. Both of these were the closest to the real thing in my opinion. I passed the EPPP today with a score of 570. In hindsight, I probably should have studied longer and spread out the material more (my cortisol levels were probably through the roof!) but a pass is a pass ;) I feel like I'm naturally a good test taker so I think I had that going for me.

Good luck to everyone! This test is an absolute beast and I'm so happy to be done with it!

Hello all! This thread has been extremely helpful in my preparation for the EPPP. And now that I've passed after taking it a couple of weeks ago :clap: I wanted to share my experiences!

I bought old AATBS books from a friend and was given old practice tests from a colleague (I'm not sure which company they came from). I studied everyday for at least 1 hour for about 4 weeks. With a full-time postdoc and personal obligations, it was all I could manage. The practice tests were the best study tool for me! My scores ranged from high 50s to low 70s. I took about 11 of them in all. I also took the 250 retired EPPP questions (scored 74%) and the PEPPO, which I passed. Both of these were the closest to the real thing in my opinion. I passed the EPPP today with a score of 570. In hindsight, I probably should have studied longer and spread out the material more (my cortisol levels were probably through the roof!) but a pass is a pass ;) I feel like I'm naturally a good test taker so I think I had that going for me.

Good luck to everyone! This test is an absolute beast and I'm so happy to be done with it!
That's good to know. I take my test March 22nd and I'm kinda freaking out and want to delay the test. But then another part of me just wants to buckle down and get this over with!

I took the exam a few years ago, but several postdocs at my current site are in the throws of it and it's bringing back memories of late nights on this forum, and this thread in particular. Thought I'd share what worked for me in the hopes that it will alleviate someone else's anxiety.

I studied for about 11 weeks using a combo of AATBS, Psychprep, and Academic Review. I found the Psychprep audio to be the most enjoyable (shout out to Sharon Jablon, a name I will never forget). I used AATBS books for the first 7 weeks and basically learned one domain a week. About a month out, I started taking practice exams, using a combination of AATBS and Academic Review hand-me-down tests. The highest AATBS score I got was a 70% and the highest Academic Review score was somewhere below 70%. I also took the retired EPPP questions from ASPPB and got about a 70%. In the two weeks leading up to the exam, I focused more on reviewing exam questions and content areas I was consistently struggling with. I did not feel confident walking into the exam. I had read this thread over and over and kept telling myself that people with lower scores than me had passed the exam, but I think at that point, nothing would've made me feel better.

The actual exam was hard. I remember feeling like a lot of the questions were unfamiliar to me. In retrospect, I was likely able to choose the correct answer based on the process of elimination. Because even if I didn't know the answer to the question, I knew enough about answer choices A, C, and D, to know that those were not the correct responses. In the end, I did exponentially better on the exam than on any of the practice tests. If I had to pinpoint the study strategies that helped me the most, I would say take as many practice tests as you can. Not only did it expose me to random facts I'll never need to know (except for on the exam), it got me used to sitting for 3+ hours. I also agree with what others have said about taking practice tests from various sources. If I had to do it over again, I would say find someone else to study with. The other postdoc at my site was a hardcore procrastinator and wasn't taking it till much later in the year. It would've been nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of. I probably should've found someone from my cohort to do skype study sessions with.

Anyway, this is all to say that the test is hard... the practice tests are harder. You'll do great, and if you don't, you'll take it again and you'll pass. It's a terrible process with an anticlimactic result but it's likely one of the last hurdles you'll have to jump through before you get licensed. Best of luck to everyone, and if there's someone out there reading this post at 2am the night before their exam... GO TO BED!

Reactions: 2 users
Are there different editions of the AATBS books? My program had us all purchase them for a comp exam, but I’m not sure if they will be expired so to speak by the time I take the EPPP.

Are there different editions of the AATBS books? My program had us all purchase them for a comp exam, but I’m not sure if they will be expired so to speak by the time I take the EPPP.

There are... I think they come out with new editions every year or two. Mine are from 2012 but according to one of the postdocs at my site, the 2012 and 2017 versions are quite similar. If you already paid for the books, there is absolutely no need to purchase a new set.

There are, how old are your editions? I have the brand new ones and will hopefully be done with them in a few weeks. I would sell them to you for a very reasonable price. That being said, if your materials aren't extremely old you will probably be fine.

Those who took PEPPO, do you recommend it prior to taking the exam? I’m taking EPPP in two weeks. I purchased AATBS testmasters and I scored 68% on my first exam.

Some of you mentioned that AATBS practice tests are nothing closed to the actual exam.

I know the exam is scaled, but I’m freaking out. I need some confidence if anyone can tell me, how many of the scored questions I need to get correct to pass?

Thanks!

Those who took PEPPO, do you recommend it prior to taking the exam? I’m taking EPPP in two weeks. I purchased AATBS testmasters and I scored 68% on my first exam.

Some of you mentioned that AATBS practice tests are nothing closed to the actual exam.

I know the exam is scaled, but I’m freaking out. I need some confidence if anyone can tell me, how many of the scored questions I need to get correct to pass?

Thanks!

As I mentioned in the other thread, you should comfortably pass with a 68% average on AATBS exams. I'd also recommend that you take the PEPPO about now. It'll demystify the structure and content of actual exam questions and, if you pass, give you the confidence you're seeking to cross the finish line.

Do you recommend taking it online or in person? I suppose it's probably better to take it in person, but I'd rather not
As I mentioned in the other thread, you should comfortably pass with a 68% average on AATBS exams. I'd also recommend that you take the PEPPO about now. It'll demystify the structure and content of actual exam questions and, if you pass, give you the confidence you're seeking to cross the finish line.

Do you recommend taking it online or in person? I suppose it's probably better to take it in person, but I'd rather not

It's probably ideal to take it in person. But I didn't feel motivated to place myself in that stress inducing setting and took it online instead.

Thanks! I'll probably take it online since the testing center is 2 hours away. I scored 61% on the second test. I feel more confident than I did before though. I was scoring below 60% on the previous tests over 8 months ago and scored 420 on my last EPPP.

I just took the PEPPP in person yesterday at the same testing center that I’ll be taking the real one in about 1.5 weeks. It’s really helpful to get an idea of the testing environment and procedure so you know exactly what to expect. I know it’s like $50 more to take in-person than online but I think it’s well worth. The entire time I thought I was failing but I actually passed. It also gives you a breakdown of how you did in each area so you know what to focus more on. I also bought the second version online and will take it 2 days before my actual test date to make sure I’m well prepared (you can take the online PEPPPO any time within 3 months of purchase). They did put a disclaimer on my printout that your PEPPP score is in no way reflective of what you’ll actually score on the real test but hey if you pass, that’s a good sign that you’re doing things right. Now having taken the PEPPP in person and passed, I am MUCH LESS nervous than I was before. There were moments in my studying when I felt like I wasn’t getting any information to stay in my brain but you’ll be surprised at how much your brain can recover when you’re taking a test.

In a nutshell - I’d highly recommend the PEPPP in person to lower text anxiety & get an idea of your strengths and weaknesses based on actual retired questions.

Well, just got a 73 on the last AATBS exam. Test is scheduled Wednesday. No time for PEPPO. Or, would that be a good use of my last day? Or should I just review domains tomorrow? I really crammed for this, so this information has definitely not converted to long-term memory!
I just took the PEPPP in person yesterday at the same testing center that I’ll be taking the real one in about 1.5 weeks. It’s really helpful to get an idea of the testing environment and procedure so you know exactly what to expect. I know it’s like $50 more to take in-person than online but I think it’s well worth. The entire time I thought I was failing but I actually passed. It also gives you a breakdown of how you did in each area so you know what to focus more on. I also bought the second version online and will take it 2 days before my actual test date to make sure I’m well prepared (you can take the online PEPPPO any time within 3 months of purchase). They did put a disclaimer on my printout that your PEPPP score is in no way reflective of what you’ll actually score on the real test but hey if you pass, that’s a good sign that you’re doing things right. Now having taken the PEPPP in person and passed, I am MUCH LESS nervous than I was before. There were moments in my studying when I felt like I wasn’t getting any information to stay in my brain but you’ll be surprised at how much your brain can recover when you’re taking a test.

In a nutshell - I’d highly recommend the PEPPP in person to lower text anxiety & get an idea of your strengths and weaknesses based on actual retired questions.

My only concerned about PEPPO is that it only has 100 questions, way less than the actual and my not be represented. Not sure how they’re scored and whether all 100 questions are scored. But it might be good to know what kind of questions there are. And the exam is 1.5 hours, I think, right? I am thinking if it’s worth it, then I’ll take it couple of days before my exam.

Taking the PEPPP in person might be great for first timers so they know what to expect.

Ladyhaclyon: Do what feels right to you. Don’t doubt yourself.

I’m the kind of person who needs to cram all the highlights of each domain so I can remember. Just make sure you take time to read EACH word in the questions. Try to answer it first before looking at the answer choices.

That strategy is very helpful for me, as I tend to be more on the impulsive side. I need to remind myself to slow down, and take my time. I think tomorrow I will spend reviewing the main concepts of the domains that have continually showed up on then practe exams. Especially Piaget and all the aspects of each phase. Ick. I worry if I take the PEPPO and don't do well, it will have a negative impact on test day.
My only concerned about PEPPO is that it only has 100 questions, way less than the actual and my not be represented. Not sure how they’re scored and whether all 100 questions are scored. But it might be good to know what kind of questions there are. And the exam is 1.5 hours, I think, right? I am thinking if it’s worth it, then I’ll take it couple of days before my exam.

Taking the PEPPP in person might be great for first timers so they know what to expect.

Ladyhaclyon: Do what feels right to you. Don’t doubt yourself.

I’m the kind of person who needs to cram all the highlights of each domain so I can remember. Just make sure you take time to read EACH word in the questions. Try to answer it first before looking at the answer choices.

I passed!!! Probably wouldn't recommend my strategy because I basically crammed for 3 weeks, especially the last 5 days. But I managed to score a 630. I never passed any AATBS practice tests until test #8 (I got a 73). It can be done. I am glad I didn't listen to my AATBS coach and went ahead and took the test, despite my low practice exam scores.

Reactions: 7 users
Super happy for you!! I’m glad you passed with a high score.

Your coach advised you not to take the test?

I passed!!! Probably wouldn't recommend my strategy because I basically crammed for 3 weeks, especially the last 5 days. But I managed to score a 630. I never passed any AATBS practice tests until test #8 (I got a 73). It can be done. I am glad I didn't listen to my AATBS coach and went ahead and took the test, despite my low practice exam scores.

These people make money off making people anxious to buy more materials and time. You did the right thing. Most people with the right background can get by with a few weeks of cramming.

Congrats!

There definitely is an exorbitant amount of anxiety associated with this test. It can be pretty infectious, especially considering there is a lot riding on the outcome. I did not find the test overly difficult, but there was no way I could have passed without studying, especially IO. For me, it mostly came down to memorization and logic/test-taking strategies. I don't think it's necessary to study anywhere near as long as these programs suggest. 16 weeks and 300+ hours?!?! No way.
These people make money off making people anxious to buy more materials and time. You did the right thing. Most people with the right background can get by with a few weeks of cramming.

Scored 455 today. *cries*

Too many research questions that I didn’t know answer to. I’m retaking it in two weeks. Hoping to cram whatever time I have left. I was clos.

Just keep pushing. The finish line is close. I'm glad you can take the test soon, my state requires you to wait either 60 or 90 days (the statutes have conflicting info).

Too many research questions that I didn’t know answer to. I’m retaking it in two weeks. Hoping to cram whatever time I have left. I was clos.

I'm not sure if you'd find this helpful, but to me the test is more about isolating and selecting the most plausible answers than cramming material. Practically speaking, you shouldn't panic if you see a question with unfamiliar content. A large proportion of questions will be unfamiliar. Instead, look through the offered options and—using a combination of clinical, research, and intuitive knowledge you've gained throughout your training—select a response.

There are, how old are your editions? I have the brand new ones and will hopefully be done with them in a few weeks. I would sell them to you for a very reasonable price. That being said, if your materials aren't extremely old you will probably be fine.

I got them in 2017. I’ll just be starting internship this fall so I probably won’t be taking it for two or three years. But thank you for offering! :)

I know it depends on each state for when you should take the EPPP but what about those who take an extra year after internship to finish dissertation or other reasons? I may be in that situation and feel it would be a good time to take it.

I'm not sure if you'd find this helpful, but to me the test is more about isolating and selecting the most plausible answers than cramming material. Practically speaking, you shouldn't panic if you see a question with unfamiliar content. A large proportion of questions will be unfamiliar. Instead, look through the offered options and—using a combination of clinical, research, and intuitive knowledge you've gained throughout your training—select a response.

You're right. I have been able to eliminate to two answers. However, with the topic(s) that are unfamiliar, most of it is wording and trying to understand which concept or theory it is referring to. Vocabulary is one thing. I have to keep reading because it is the only thing that will stick. If i know or understand the material and research, i may be able to answer the questions. I have gotten better with eliminating so that is a good thing.