Start talking like you will pass the test. I spent a good deal of time the last day or two before the test retraining my brain (e.g. correcting my language from "if I pass" to "when I pass" during conversations; lots of positive self-talk etc.)
Test-taking strategies are SUPER important for this test imo. I really liked the strike-out feature for several reasons: it made me carefully read ALL the answers to each question, it was methodical (which reduced my anxiety), and it saved time in terms of reviewing the questions I had flagged. Additionally, I also liked the highlighting tool. I used it for highlighting important words in both the questions and the answers; it also helped me to slow down, which is one of my biggest problems with long tests.... actually all tests. I'm that person that always finishes tests way too early. Most of the time it's fine, but there have definitely been times where I have made careless mistakes.
Don't think the test is trying to trick you by giving you an answer that is too easy. Go with your first response, unless you have a solid rationale for changing it. If the test question uses qualifying words or phrases like, "Recent research on suicide contradicts prior beliefs that......," don't choose a response with an absolute term (all, never, always). Actually, be very careful with absolutes in general, especially when it comes to ethics (except the sex stuff). I found it helpful to first look at the question, think about all the information I knew about the topic, and then look at the answers. There will rarely be a question where you can't at least narrow it down to two choices, which gives you a 50% chance of guessing correctly! Also, don't flag too many questions. Make sure to answer all of questions the first go-around and, if you have time, carefully review the first 25ish questions after you are finished. All the flagged questions I did end up changing occurred during the beginning of the exam; not surprising due to my high levels of anxiety! I also took two bathroom breaks as a way to manage stress and fatigue. Furthermore, every time I saw a question that felt like it was coming from left-field I simply told myself it was one of "those fake trial questions" and moved right along. The bathroom breaks helped, especially the first one, which I took after about 30 min of testing. Thankfully, the test seemed to magically become easier after that first bathroom break!
This may sound horrible, and it's possible I'm just a horrible person, but I just kept telling myself, "I know so many psychologists that are complete idiots and they passed, so there should be no reason I can't pass too. " [emoji23]