Etiquette For Joining Class Facebook Group?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TelemarketingEnigma

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For people in the lucky position of having multiple acceptances (or one acceptance but future interviews), do you join the accepted students facebook group for schools where you're not 100% sure you'll attend? Or wait until you've committed somewhere and join only that one?

I'm not particularly worried about people seeing things I post on facebook but was just curious if there's a general agreement on this. I'm leaning towards joining and then quietly leaving the group if I end up elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

i don't see any harm in joining until you decide. I myself would then unjoin all the schools i chose not to attending

Reactions: 1 user
Join for helpful input from other students, and when you choose your school you’ll probably be added to the official class of 2022 group.

No harm in joining, no etiquette that I know of except don’t post weird ****.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was a Herculean task when I was finally successful in deleting my Facebook 7 years ago...

Only respond to people in passive-aggressive gifs.

Reactions: 5 users
Only respond to people in passive-aggressive gifs.

giphy (1).gif

Reactions: 3 users
Remember to be professional and respectful with anything you post. Don't burn bridges and don't post anything you wouldn't want a future program director or employer to see. If I were you, I'd also play my cards close to the vest and not broadcast which other acceptances I'm holding.

Reactions: 1 user
For people in the lucky position of having multiple acceptances (or one acceptance but future interviews), do you join the accepted students facebook group for schools where you're not 100% sure you'll attend? Or wait until you've committed somewhere and join only that one?

I'm not particularly worried about people seeing things I post on facebook but was just curious if there's a general agreement on this. I'm leaning towards joining and then quietly leaving the group if I end up elsewhere.
Join them all. I'm using them as a factor in my school choice (I don't wanna attend a school where all the students are huge nerds). If you withdraw from a school, leave the FB group. Simple as that.

Reactions: 1 users