Ever seen this in a Puppy

Started by JTerry00
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTerry00

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I work as a Vet Tech for a vet in my hometown and today I was called to one of our clients homes to take a look at something they called non normal. So I get there and they have a litter of 3 week old puppies and all but one is growing great. This one male is half the size of the rest. Well I took pictures of the stomach area as I have never seen this in a puppy and My Supervisor is out of town till Tuesday and I didnt want to bother him right away, as it looks like it may have been like this for a while.


Anyway if you have any idea what this is please let me know. I was thinking it might be some sort Umbilcial Hernia but as I said I cant remember seeing one this deep or big

DSCN1009.jpg


DSCN1005.jpg


DSCN1003.jpg
 
NOTE:

The area/hole is aobut as big around as a Nickle or maybe a quarter and it is about 3/8" deep
 
this thread will be toast in no time. Looks like omphalophlebitis to me. This puppy needs to be seen by a vet pronto.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.