EVMS Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
xraygray said:
Hey Madi. Have you thought about the med masters program at evms? just wondering?

I haven't looked into it for a number of reasons, but maybe it would be wise to revisit that idea. Thanks for the suggestion, xraygray!

Members don't see this ad.

ghostchild said:
edit: but why wouldn't you be a WISF? :confused:

Because I'm a dolt. :p

Maybe this is why they didn't accept me the first time around...

anyone know if acceptances off the waitlist come by email/phone/snail mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
From the thread last year and the interview, never by email, snail mail in May/early June, phone there after.

Touchdown said:
From the thread last year and the interview, never by email, snail mail in May/early June, phone there after.

thanks

does anyone know info for this:

i'm thinking that the top third of the waitlist will get in, and the middle third has a very good chance....does anyone know if historically the top third does always get in?

i'm at "the top of the middle third"....what is this supposed to mean exactly......i had assumed that everyone in each third is unranked in that third, but by the sounds of what they told me, it makes it seem as if there are "spots", or how else could i be at the top of the middle?

i'm starting to get very very nervous :scared:

C.P. Jones said:
does anyone know info for this:

i'm thinking that the top third of the waitlist will get in, and the middle third has a very good chance....does anyone know if historically the top third does always get in?

i'm at "the top of the middle third"....what is this supposed to mean exactly......i had assumed that everyone in each third is unranked in that third, but by the sounds of what they told me, it makes it seem as if there are "spots", or how else could i be at the top of the middle?

i'm starting to get very very nervous :scared:

I believe you were right when you said the thirds were unranked. When they told you that you were "top of the middle third" that likely meant you were closer to being able to bump yourself into the top third than being bumped into the lower third... at least that's my interpretation.

Depakote said:
I believe you were right when you said the thirds were unranked. When they told you that you were "top of the middle third" that likely meant you were closer to being able to bump yourself into the top third than being bumped into the lower third... at least that's my interpretation.

I think they must have some sort of ranking system, but they only tell you which 1/3 you're in. This probably allows for a little more "wiggle" room in selecting who to accept versus a numbered list.

Like for me, I was in the top 1/3 for a while, and then I got bumped down into the middle 1/3. However, when I called recently and asked the admissions person told me that I was "borderline" between the two, so I guess I must have just barely been in the top third before. (Although I tried calling and asking once before, and they said there were the 1/3's, and that was it).

:luck: to the herd of MOOSes on here. :)

i'd like the idea if there is some sort of vague ranking system since that could probably help me out a little when it comes down to selecting from that middle third

i like this MOOSes....but you need to find a way to get the W in there, then i will be impressed, so impressed that i'll put the story of you getting a W into MOOSes into my own personal statement

I dont know I kind of like Depakote's white moos, allthough my original shorting wmoos could roll of the tounge if you magically inserted an "a" sound in between w and m making it sound like wa-moose. Lets just hope that the white moos is a desirable creature for the EVMS "zoo" and they "capture" all of us this summer :).

Touchdown said:
I dont know I kind of like Depakote's white moos, allthough my original shorting wmoos could roll of the tounge if you magically inserted an "a" sound in between w and m making it sound like wa-moose. Lets just hope that the white moos is a desirable creature for the EVMS "zoo" and they "capture" all of us this summer :).

hmmmm, i never noticed white moos as moose when depakote first said it i guess....but that is also very good; however, if i get it, i may just yell "wamoose!" followed by running outside and yelling some more, at which point i will probably just run to the bank and ask them for lots of loans :laugh:

are most of the MOOSes here Wa-Mooses? if so, you can pretty much leave off the "Wa" if its a given....

madi said:
I haven't looked into it for a number of reasons, but maybe it would be wise to revisit that idea. Thanks for the suggestion, xraygray!

anytime

Members don't see this ad :)
Vizsla said:
are most of the MOOSes here Wa-Mooses? if so, you can pretty much leave off the "Wa" if its a given....

true, but how many more opportunities in your life will you have to ever say wa-moose?

C.P. Jones said:
true, but how many more opportunities in your life will you have to ever say wa-moose?

:D ure right... WA-MOOSE it up

Vizsla said:
:D ure right... WA-MOOSE it up

So if you boys are Wa-MOOSes, would that make me a Wa-FOOSe then? Now I sound like a soccer player shish-kabob. :laugh:

buckeyebee said:
So if you boys are Wa-MOOSes, would that make me a Wa-FOOSe then? Now I sound like a soccer player shish-kabob. :laugh:

soccer player shish-kabobs mmmmm, just in time for the world cup!

But as a Wa-MISe, I sound like some kind of imported French food. :eek:

bump, anyone know if the waitlist has started moving?

Depakote said:
all quiet on the western front...

i got in!!!!

oh, no, my mistake...just another acceptance for a credit card :cool:

C.P. Jones said:
just another acceptance for a credit card

I keep getting those too. And they've started to send them in big envelopes too, which is starting to get on my nerves.

tacrum43 said:
I keep getting those too. And they've started to send them in big envelopes too, which is starting to get on my nerves.

that and how my current credit card keeps sending me letters for balance transfer stuff, and keep saying it's a limited time offer....but i get it at least once a month!

Touchdown said:
bump, anyone know if the waitlist has started moving?
No word as of now, but I would think that with May 15 being on Monday that another round of acceptences are due sometime later next week or early the week after if they keep sending offers out by US mail?

And I've gotten to where I just trash those credit card offers before I even open them. I mean really, 2-3 a week? It's ridiculous, I actually need to cancel one because I went a little overboard when I was 18 and got more than 1.

Hey all,

Today I'm mailing in my withdrawal letter to EVMS...I hope one of you gets my spot!! Good luck with everything! :)

runnergirl said:
Hey all,

Today I'm mailing in my withdrawal letter to EVMS...I hope one of you gets my spot!! Good luck with everything! :)

Runnergirl, are you in-state or out of state?

:luck: to madi on this one :)

I'm a wa-fis (yeah, that sounds pretty funny) sending in my withdrawl today. Hope it goes someone from the sdn crowd!

Em1 said:
I'm a wa-fis (yeah, that sounds pretty funny) sending in my withdrawl today. Hope it goes someone from the sdn crowd!

Congrats on all those acceptances you got!! I'm instate and Waitlisted - but I think there will be several others taken off the list before my turn comes.

I'm also waitlisted at GW, have you dropped gw yet? Not that it really makes a difference but i'm dying for an acceptance here and I'll take any morsel of hope. Best of luck to you.

Not to rush any of you to decide, but if you have decided to attend elsewhere, free cookies to anybody who e-mails in their withdrawal letter today or tomorrow so the next acceptances might possibly go out quicker! ;)

I'm just anxious and hoping for the best :scared: We'll see how it plays out.

LUBDUBB said:
Congrats on all those acceptances you got!! I'm instate and Waitlisted - but I think there will be several others taken off the list before my turn comes.

I'm also waitlisted at GW, have you dropped gw yet? Not that it really makes a difference but i'm dying for an acceptance here and I'll take any morsel of hope. Best of luck to you.

according to the "withdrawn acceptance" thread, Em1 has already withdrawn her GW accpetance...thank you Em1!

Em1 said:

Thanks, Em1. If I get your spot I'll send you a box of cookies. How do oatmeal cookies with white chocolate chunks and cranberry pieces sound? :)

I called today and found out I had been dropped to the middle third and as an out of state person was pretty much told to forget coming here this year. :(

Touchdown said:
I called today and found out I had been dropped to the middle third and as an out of state person was pretty much told to forget coming here this year. :(

:(

Sorry to hear that, TD. The same thing happened to me. But who knows? Miracles do happen.

I'm really hoping Tufts comes through for you! :luck:

tacrum43 said:
:(

Sorry to hear that, TD. The same thing happened to me. But who knows? Miracles do happen.

I'm really hoping Tufts comes through for you! :luck:

Thanks but Tufts isnt looking too good right now (no congradlatory email and they wouldnt tell me my fate over the phone) I do still have Drexel, and MUO (which I hope puts both of us on the top third next week :luck: )

Touchdown said:

did they actually tell you that your chances are very slim and prob wont pan out or is that your take on what the middle third waitlist means for out of staters?...i guess i need to call to see where I am now....great

The women informed me that:
-I would never be bumped into the top third all summer
-There would only be 34 OOS students this year

The way she said it sounded like she wanted me to stop calling (the first time Ive done so since finding out a month ago) and to not expect much from the school. Maybe it was the end of the day, but it didnt make me feel very hopeful at all.

Vizsla said:
according to the "withdrawn acceptance" thread, Em1 has already withdrawn her GW accpetance...thank you Em1!

Thanks for the info. Looks like GW has nudged a bit, Medstylee just got off the WL.

Touchdown, sorry bout EVMS

madi said:
Thanks, Em1. If I get your spot I'll send you a box of cookies. How do oatmeal cookies with white chocolate chunks and cranberry pieces sound? :)

Sounds very yummy!

Touchdown said:
Thanks but Tufts isnt looking too good right now (no congradlatory email and they wouldnt tell me my fate over the phone) I do still have Drexel, and MUO (which I hope puts both of us on the top third next week :luck: )

Yeah, go MUO! (And hopefully being in the top 1/3 will stick this time).

And by the way EVMS, this doesn't mean I don't still love you, it's just that you hurt me when said you loved me, and then took it back. :smuggrin:

Touchdown said:
The women informed me that:
-I would never be bumped into the top third all summer
-There would only be 34 OOS students this year

wow..im really sorry Touchdown...I cant believe she was that finite over the phone. For what its worth, at the preview weekend our tour guide was in the middle third last yr and was accepted off the list...Is 34 OOS less than usual for them?

^Nomal, worked out the math based on US News, assuming their gender equity stays the same that means on 17 moos total.

Touchdown said:
^Nomal, worked out the math based on US News, assuming their gender equity stays the same that means on 17 moos total.

As a fellow WMOOSer, I just swallowed my vomit. 17?? Is this number correct? I would think they'd have already accepted 17 MOOSers and not even have to resort to the waitlist.

Vizsla, did you call them? I hope they didn't move you (unless, of course, it's up or off).

Best of luck to all!

LusuR said:
As a fellow WMOOSer, I just swallowed my vomit. 17?? Is this number correct? I would think they'd have already accepted 17 MOOSers and not even have to resort to the waitlist.

Vizsla, did you call them? I hope they didn't move you (unless, of course, it's up or off).

Best of luck to all!

will call tomorrow...I think 17 is the number of MOOSers who MATRICULATED, not accepted...Im sure there were MOOSers who were offered an acceptance at EVMS but later withdrew

The numbers are matriculants, but that number is a more down to earth number, because thats how many spots are available.

Touchdown said:
The numbers are matriculants, but that number is a more down to earth number, because thats how many spots are available.

There really aren't very many spots there for out of staters, are there?

Any ideas on how many people are on the waitlist? Especially for out of staters?

No clue, sorry.