EVMS Med Masters 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M3_SixSpeed

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
This is my first post ever. I didn't see a post on the EVMS Med Masters program (1 year) for Fall of 2020 to spring of 2021 so I thought I would start it.

I submitted my application in early December of 2019 and received in acceptance I think right around Christmas. I did take the time in late October to check out the campus and have an in person consultation.

Anyone applying? any thoughts from those who have already completed the program or currently in it?

Hope to hear good reviews about the program and acceptances from you guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m planning to apply to the one year program! Writing the MCAT in mid March though; hoping it’ll be ok for admissions. Would love to know what you thought about the program, if they said anything important, and if you think ull end up going :)

Start the application asap. I think you should be able to submit app and wait till mcat comes in but I'd suggest contact admissions. It was nice when I visited. Small campus, like REALLY small but surrounded by hospitals and lots of places to eat and drink nearby if that's something you're interested about. From what I was told they hold like 60 or 80 seats for 1 year students and around 20 for 2 year students. I was also told they dont always give out all seats if they feel the applicant pool isnt a strong one. So they reserve the right to allow say 63 students out of 80 for example.

While I was there a professor stopped by. They all seem very friendly and supportive. I'd suggest meeting for consultation because I was told if the admissions committee says no to moving your forward, the person you'll meet for consultation actually sits in on the decision and can advocate for you and request for them to re-evaluate your application. My wife and I saw this as very positive and inviting. I met a 2 year student who was finishing first year. He said the group is tight and helps each other out and doesnt have that super competitive environment.

I paid my deposit right around christmas =) good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
First post too!! Thanks for the info @Dpersaud04 I'm planning to apply to the 1-year program after taking my MCAT as well. I'm considering applying to this program and a few other SMPs. However, this program is probably one of my top choices. It seems very well structured, and admissions seem very friendly. I hope to matriculate to their medical school!

Same here as well-- i must admit though, im from NY and thus visiting VA is very unlikely to happen for me anytime soon :( wondering how I could still get an advocate to vouch for me during admissions ...

Same here as well-- i must admit though, im from NY and thus visiting VA is very unlikely to happen for me anytime soon :( wondering how I could still get an advocate to vouch for me during admissions ...
Maybe try emailing/contacting admissions to express interest in the program. That's what I did to advocate for myself. I'm all the way in CA so there's no way I can visit.

Maybe try emailing/contacting admissions to express interest in the program. That's what I did to advocate for myself. I'm all the way in CA so there's no way I can visit.

Oh that makes me feel better! I did do that once or twice :) they’re very nice over there !!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

First post too!! Thanks for the info @Dpersaud04 I'm planning to apply to the 1-year program after taking my MCAT as well. I'm considering applying to this program and a few other SMPs. However, this program is probably one of my top choices. It seems very well structured, and admissions seem very friendly. I hope to matriculate to their medical school!

Hope you get in bud. I've contacted a few former students thanks to an admissions person giving me their emails with their consent. Super nice people all sharing positive experiences. When is your mcat date?

What part of NY? I'm from NY too! I took a drive down and drove up the following day. Def worth it if you have the opportunity to imo. I know they also have a bus route from greyhound but it takes you to virginia beach instead of Norfolk (like 10 to 15 min away) It's like 40ish to 60 bucks each way by bus. Beats the cost if the drive. But if not try to keep in touch with whoever you speak to via email. Express that interest in evms and make sure your personal statement reflects their mission statement. They are big on community service and really like to see non medical community service. So make sure to build on that in the mean time if you are deficient in that department.

What part of NY? I'm from NY too! I took a drive down and drove up the following day. Def worth it if you have the opportunity to imo. I know they also have a bus route from greyhound but it takes you to virginia beach instead of Norfolk (like 10 to 15 min away) It's like 40ish to 60 bucks each way by bus. Beats the cost if the drive. But if not try to keep in touch with whoever you speak to via email. Express that interest in evms and make sure your personal statement reflects their mission statement. They are big on community service and really like to see non medical community service. So make sure to build on that in the mean time if you are deficient in that department.

I didn’t know there was a greyhound! I’ll def look into it! I’m taking my MCAT in March— do you think it would be too late to apply after that? Scores come in April, and ik the app is only due 6/29 or smth like that but i would like to know sooner than later..

Hope you get in bud. I've contacted a few former students thanks to an admissions person giving me their emails with their consent. Super nice people all sharing positive experiences. When is your mcat date?

Thanks! I hope you get in too. I'm taking my MCAT on April 25th.
That's neat that you got in contact with former students. is there anything informative that you can share with us? or anything interesting about their experiences? :)

I didn’t know there was a greyhound! I’ll def look into it! I’m taking my MCAT in March— do you think it would be too late to apply after that? Scores come in April, and ik the app is only due 6/29 or smth like that but i would like to know sooner than later..

I dont think it would be "too late" but keep in mind they accept 60ish 1 year MM students and 20 2year MM students. They accepted me in December to the 1 year so lets chalk it down to 59 seats left. I looked on the previous years threads (there arent that many tbh) and it seems like most of the applicants begin their application process to SMPs like march to june once they realize they arent getting into MD or DO programs this cycle. I think if you can get your application submitted and they receive all of your supporting documents (other than MCAT) you will be in good shape. They make their decision within like 2 weeks of verifying your application. From what I recall, the admissions committee get together every (I think) Tuesday and go through the pile of applicants.

Thanks! I hope you get in too. I'm taking my MCAT on April 25th.
That's neat that you got in contact with former students. is there anything informative that you can share with us? or anything interesting about their experiences? :)

actually yes.
When I went for my campus tour and consultation I met a 2 year student. He was in the first year of the 2 year MM. He said lectures were Monday- Thursday. Theres a quiz every Monday. I vaguely remember the details of the quiz but its something like a quiz that will cover the coming weeks lecture so you can get a gauge of where your strengths and weaknesses lie. It is graded but at a low percent. I think he said the idea is to get you to begin covering material and get in the habit of studying early and longer term. He said you are expected to be involved in community projects. I dont remember if they help set you up with the volunteer stuff or you have to find it on your own sorry.

1 year MM student said it was very rigorous. He was married (No kids) and said you will be taking 3? 1st year classes and you can "opt out" of classes only if you receive honors standings in the courses (Anatomy you cannot opt out of). Other posts have stated you would be studying 6 days a week with maybe 1 day or 2 half days off but the student I spoke to said he got 1-2 days off a week and never studied past 730PM. I asked him questions more pertaining to balancing studying with married life and the Norfolk area. Apparently floods are a year round thing there =/
the 1 year students shared that there are no required text books. The main resources used by him were Pathoma, First Aid step 1, Sketchy Medical and Boards And Beyond. he also used Anki.

Hope that helps

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, that definitely helps! That's good to know - thanks for sharing! I'm married too so it's interesting to see how other students balanced married life and studying. Sounds like the program is a lot of work but very doable :)

Hello! Just wanted to jump in and answer a couple of questions...

March/April MCATs are fine. The 1-year class usually doesn't fill until June/July, so you have plenty of time. The 2-year class usually fills quicker since it's a smaller cohort. But students have still applied in May and been fine. Things do start to pick up around March and be pretty steady until June/July.

The 1 year and 2-year experiences are pretty different for that first year. The 1 year is very class focused...you're alongside the M1s the entire year with the exception of clinical skills. You also have a Presentation Skills course where you'll get some Standardized Patient experiences as well as mock interviews and other lectures that will introduce you on what's to come as a medical student.

Regarding opt-outs, as a 1-year student, if you receive an A in a course and stay at EVMS for med school, you may have the option of opting out of class in your M1 year. You can't do every class (1 in Fall & 2 in Spring max). In place of the course, you could have the option of tutoring or being a TA for the course. And you can opt-out of anatomy at this point if you get an A in the course...in the past, they haven't been able to, but now they can.

The 2-year curriculum is a bit different because in that first year you're also getting more shadowing & volunteering throughout the year as well as MCAT prep in the Spring. You take 1 med school course in the first year, then the others in the second year. You also have some MPH & PA courses that have helped students when retaking the MCAT between the first and second years. For opting out as a 2-year, the only course you can't opt-out of with an A is Foundational Sciences since it's taken in the first year and not the second.

We're happy to answer any other questions you might have about the program!

Any information on how many 1 year and 2 year master students matriculate into the following EVMS MD class? And how many matriculate into other MD/DO schools in general?

Historically around half have stayed at EVMS between the 2 classes right after graduation from the program. Another 20-25% matriculate immediately into another school. Every year a few more get in to EVMS or other schools...we stay with our students to help them in following cycles if needed. Our acceptance rates at graduation are historically 72%, 87% 1 year after graduation, and 89-91% 2 & 3 years post graduation.

Historically around half have stayed at EVMS between the 2 classes right after graduation from the program. Another 20-25% matriculate immediately into another school. Every year a few more get in to EVMS or other schools...we stay with our students to help them in following cycles if needed. Our acceptance rates at graduation are historically 72%, 87% 1 year after graduation, and 89-91% 2 & 3 years post graduation.

Hi there, wondering if you could answer a question— I believe EVMS (the MD program) has a screen of 3.45 undergrad gpa. Are masters students who wish to apply to the MD program at EVMS subject to the same screening process even though we might have had not-stellar undergrad GPAs (assuming optimal performance during the masters year at EVMS)?

Hi there, wondering if you could answer a question— I believe EVMS (the MD program) has a screen of 3.45 undergrad gpa. Are masters students who wish to apply to the MD program at EVMS subject to the same screening process even though we might have had not-stellar undergrad GPAs (assuming optimal performance during the masters year at EVMS)?

Hello,

I'm not aware of a GPA screen, but I do know our students who have had lower undergrad GPAs have been interviewed & accepted. So if it does exist, MM students are still considered. Doing well in the Medical Master's program is very important though for MD admissions.

Hello,

I'm not aware of a GPA screen, but I do know our students who have had lower undergrad GPAs have been interviewed & accepted. So if it does exist, MM students are still considered. Doing well in the Medical Master's program is very important though for MD admissions.

Thank you! I had called MD admissions today and they said the same thing about MM students still being considered regardless of the screen. Happy to hear :)

Hello,

Will EVMS have a facebook group open to students admitted for the fall semester so we can find potential roomates and get to know our peers?

Thank you

How does the interview process work for Med Masters students that are applying to EVMS? Do we get help from the program on how to do the interview?

Thank you

Will EVMS have a facebook group open to students admitted for the fall semester so we can find potential roomates and get to know our peers?

Thank you

Yes. Once more of the class gets filled a group will be created and you'll receive more information about med school application assistance!

How does the interview process work for Med Masters students that are applying to EVMS? Do we get help from the program on how to do the interview?

Thank you

Yes. As a part of one of your fall classes, Presentational Skills and Professional Knowledge, you partake in mock interviews with our Sim Center. You also can request mock interviews through our program that will provide more practice.

The interviewing with EVMS MD Admissions for 1-year students happens in the Spring semester. Historically students in good standing after the first semester will be able to interview in the spring sometime between January & March. Med Master's students do not get a decision from EVMS MD admissions until after spring grades are in. If you have more questions about this process you can contact the program advisor Erin Neal at [email protected].

Thanks!

just looking for some advice -- I am currently on the WL for EVMS MD c/o 2024 and it is really my only option right now. Trying to find a balance between waiting it out and being proactive about what I will end up doing if I don't get off the WL. I was planning on applying to the Med Master's program if I don't get into the MD program, but don't really know when the best time to do so is. I would appreciate anyone's two cents!!

just looking for some advice -- I am currently on the WL for EVMS MD c/o 2024 and it is really my only option right now. Trying to find a balance between waiting it out and being proactive about what I will end up doing if I don't get off the WL. I was planning on applying to the Med Master's program if I don't get into the MD program, but don't really know when the best time to do so is. I would appreciate anyone's two cents!!

I would apply now. Why not have a solid backup plan? They accept around 80 students and they are pretty quick with the turnaround time from application being submitted to decision being made (at least from my experience of applying in Late November and decision by Xmas).

Hey guys, I am a current med master (in the 1 year class) and happy to answer any questions you may have

Hey guys, I am a current med master (in the 1 year class) and happy to answer any questions you may have

Lots of questions for you lol..

1. Are there opportunities on your own for shadowing/volunteering/research

2. Do the kids in your class mostly apply only to EVMS or other schools as well?

3. Is admin supportive?

4. Camaraderie among students?

5. Day in your life pre-quarantine?

6. Did EVMS handle the quarantine well in terms of canceling classes, moving u guys online etc.

7. Do you** think a car is necessary?

8. Is it a very difficult courseload?

Thank you for answering any of these questions! I really appreciate it :)

Adding onto Vanilla98 questions (which were great questions by the way) here is a few more
1. What were the recommended texts and how were the texts supplied? ebook or physical book
2. when would the powerpoints become available, willing to share powerpoints if you have them?
3. Adding to the car question, What is the parking situation like? I visited and theres a lot of pot holes and cruddy roads. is parking tough on campus? is there a lot of flooding? (drive a pretty low sporty car)
4. Any recommendations on neighborhoods to live? is ghent a must or is virginia beach 20 min away or so ok? or too far?
5. Do you suggest starting any reading material during this quarantine? I'm bored lol
6. Did you utilize EVMS assistance when submitting your med school applications? What was your time line like when you submitted it?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer any questions. We all really appreciate it.

Can anyone shed light on the application process to their med program? I want to apply to med master's because I didn't take the effort in my undergrad to get to know my professors well enough to ask them for a med school rec. Mostly due to mental health issues but I know it's not always an excuse. If I'm looking to make the effort and get good recommendations alongside a good academic performance would I be able to in this program?

Lots of questions for you lol..

1. Are there opportunities on your own for shadowing/volunteering/research

2. Do the kids in your class mostly apply only to EVMS or other schools as well?

3. Is admin supportive?

4. Camaraderie among students?

5. Day in your life pre-quarantine?

6. Did EVMS handle the quarantine well in terms of canceling classes, moving u guys online etc.

7. Do you** think a car is necessary?

8. Is it a very difficult courseload?

Thank you for answering any of these questions! I really appreciate it :)

1) There are tons of opportunities to volunteer - EVMS is very community service oriented so you'll have plenty of opportunities. As for shadowing, you can join clubs (ex: dermatology/ENT/surgery... etc club) that will send out their own opportunities for volunteering and shadowing. Research really depends on what projects are going on and those are also usually discussed within specific clubs. But yes there are many ways you will be able to get involved through the school.

2) It's a mix. Some people apply to just EVMS.. some people apply for 30 different schools.

3) EVERYONE is supportive.

4) Camaraderie among students in MM, M1 and M2 is great. Everyone is friendly and students hangout among the different classes. Despite the competitiveness of the MM program, everyone helps each other out. Don't be that person that causes drama or problems. I can honestly say I have not had a single problem with one student bashing another for any reason or with any sabotaging to get ahead. Like I said, don't be that person - don't be the problem.

5) Pre quarantine ...
I learn best going to lectures so I always went to lectures. Everyday is different. You may have 1 lecture, you may have 4 lectures, you may have the day off. You have the check the calendar frequently because things are not like college where its MWF 10-10:50 or something. However, lectures are recorded and unless it is a mandatory class, you don't technically have to come. There are some mandatory class assignments where you work as a group among a few other things but they are helpful for solidifying lecture material. I study A LOT. You don't have a lot of free time but you can definitely get 8 hours of sleep a night.

6) Quarantine conveniently started right when spring break did so they had a week to get things prepared. The transition was different for me because I had to start watching all the lectures online but for people who don't go to lecture regularly it probably was not too much of a change. Mandatory assignments are still mandatory but we are just doing them online now. We adapt, ya knowwww

7) I commute from Virginia Beach (my hometown) so yes it's absolutely necessary for me. Some people live across the street and walk 2 minutes to class so no it would not be necessary. We do have Uber and those other car ride services if you wanted to go out with friends or whatever but most things are in walking distance if you live right by campus.

8) Yes the course load is difficult but not impossible. Some things are obviously more difficult than others but there are TAs, office hours, tutoring and a TON of different references to help you understand. The most difficult part is the pace and the amount of material. Biggest advice I can give is DO NOT fall behind because it is incredibly difficult to catch up if you procrastinate too long.

Reactions: 2 users
Adding onto Vanilla98 questions (which were great questions by the way) here is a few more
1. What were the recommended texts and how were the texts supplied? ebook or physical book
2. when would the powerpoints become available, willing to share powerpoints if you have them?
3. Adding to the car question, What is the parking situation like? I visited and theres a lot of pot holes and cruddy roads. is parking tough on campus? is there a lot of flooding? (drive a pretty low sporty car)
4. Any recommendations on neighborhoods to live? is ghent a must or is virginia beach 20 min away or so ok? or too far?
5. Do you suggest starting any reading material during this quarantine? I'm bored lol
6. Did you utilize EVMS assistance when submitting your med school applications? What was your time line like when you submitted it?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer any questions. We all really appreciate it.

1) The recommended texts change depending on the class and who is directing it. I'll let them explain that to you at orientation but DO NOT buy anything yet :)

2) Powerpoints/lectures generally come out a week in advance. I am not going to share them here but do you have any specific questions/concerns about them?

3) Norfolk is old so yes the roads aren't perfect and it does flood a lot but there are a few parking garages so you won't ever be in a parking dilemma. I would recommend you live in the apartments across from campus (they have their own lot) and just walk to class to save yourself the trouble but I drive everyday and I have never had an issue with parking. I also drive a Honda so .. I can't speak to how a low sporty car will fair with the Ghent roads).

4) I don't live in Ghent so I don't know the best places to live there - I do know there are the student housing across the street from campus (if I was single with no pets I would 100% live there) as well as big houses nearby that you can get a bunch of roommates with. There will be a roommate form on your FB page when that gets created. I commute 30 minutes from VB and it is a pain but something I have to do because of family and my dogs. It is doable but it is not ideal unless you like rush hour traffic.

5) Just enjoy your time off and read non-academic texts.
If you get super bored and really feel like getting some good ole knowledge, I would recommend the textbook "How the immune system works" by Lauren Sompayrac. It will help you out in a class in the fall and it is an easy, interesting read.

6) Yes I had a few people read my personal statement and other areas of my application a few times. My application was submitted before I even started the program I think. I submitted my secondary in Dec. Interviews are between Jan and March (they give you a date if you are qualified/ in good standing after the first semester). You don't know whether or not you are accepted to EVMS until after graduation.

Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone shed light on the application process to their med program? I want to apply to med master's because I didn't take the effort in my undergrad to get to know my professors well enough to ask them for a med school rec. Mostly due to mental health issues but I know it's not always an excuse. If I'm looking to make the effort and get good recommendations alongside a good academic performance would I be able to in this program?
I don't really know what exactly you are asking?

Hey SJO if you don't mind me asking, for your resume/CV did you list any personal hobbies and interests? If so, how did you format it?

Hey SJO if you don't mind me asking, for your resume/CV did you list any personal hobbies and interests? If so, how did you format it?

Sure, I formatted my resume for the application as such:

EDUCATION
undergrad info (school name, Gpa, graduation date)

Medically relevant clinical shadowing experiences
shadowing experiences

Research experience
my undergrad research

Medically relevant work experience
scribing, caretaker for my grandma with dementia

Volunteer experiences

Personal interests/hobbies

-
-
-
(Listed this section just like that on bullets)

Thank you. Did you describe your personal interests?

EDUCATION

shadowing experiences

Research experience
my undergrad research

Volunteer experiences

-
-
-
Listed them just like that on bullets

Thank you. Did you describe your personal interests?

No I just stated what they were. So for one of them I said I enjoy running Spartan races/Tough mudder races and then in my 'experiences' section of the application you can go into depth about a passion and I talked about that. Also I chose ones that were pretty different to try and show different sides of myself if that makes sense. I don't really know how important these are but I based my resume off a template I found on EVMS website last year (I think it was EVMS website and I cannot for the life of me find it now) and it included hobbies at the end on bullets like that so I formatted mine the same

Also it looks like I have never shadowed a doctor per se. However I have clinical work experience, as an MA, Scribe, Testtaker scribe for doctors ...etc Can I keep this all under Medically revelvant/clincally shadowing experience?

EDUCATION

shadowing experiences

Research experience
my undergrad research

Volunteer experiences

-
-
-
(Listed this section just like that on bullets)

Okay thank you very much!

No I just stated what they were. So for one of them I said I enjoy running Spartan races/Tough mudder races and then in my 'experiences' section of the application you can go into depth about a passion and I talked about that. Also I chose ones that were pretty different to try and show different sides of myself if that makes sense. I don't really know how important these are but I based my resume off a template I found on EVMS website last year (I think it was EVMS website and I cannot for the life of me find it now) and it included hobbies at the end on bullets like that so I formatted mine the same

Sorry I guess I should've worded it better. Will this MS program give me a chance to interact with faculty and get recommendations for the EVMS medical (MD) program?

Sorry I guess I should've worded it better. Will this MS program give me a chance to interact with faculty and get recommendations for the EVMS medical (MD) program?

This program will allow you to show that you can handle the rigor of medical school through your grades as well as interact with faculty, get volunteer hours, etc. However, I believe that your application for the MD school should be submitted before the start of the program and so you will need letters of rec from your college/people you shadowed that know you well/etc. None of my letters of rec on my primary MD application are from this program.

1) The recommended texts change depending on the class and who is directing it. I'll let them explain that to you at orientation but DO NOT buy anything yet :)

2) Powerpoints/lectures generally come out a week in advance. I am not going to share them here but do you have any specific questions/concerns about them?

3) Norfolk is old so yes the roads aren't perfect and it does flood a lot but there are a few parking garages so you won't ever be in a parking dilemma. I would recommend you live in the apartments across from campus (they have their own lot) and just walk to class to save yourself the trouble but I drive everyday and I have never had an issue with parking. I also drive a Honda so .. I can't speak to how a low sporty car will fair with the Ghent roads).

4) I don't live in Ghent so I don't know the best places to live there - I do know there are the student housing across the street from campus (if I was single with no pets I would 100% live there) as well as big houses nearby that you can get a bunch of roommates with. There will be a roommate form on your FB page when that gets created. I commute 30 minutes from VB and it is a pain but something I have to do because of family and my dogs. It is doable but it is not ideal unless you like rush hour traffic.

5) Just enjoy your time off and read non-academic texts.
If you get super bored and really feel like getting some good ole knowledge, I would recommend the textbook "How the immune system works" by Lauren Sompayrac. It will help you out in a class in the fall and it is an easy, interesting read.

6) Yes I had a few people read my personal statement and other areas of my application a few times. My application was submitted before I even started the program I think. I submitted my secondary in Dec. Interviews are between Jan and March (they give you a date if you are qualified/ in good standing after the first semester). You don't know whether or not you are accepted to EVMS until after graduation.

Thank you for the information. I'm married and have two pets so i'll be dragging my wife and the pets down with me. How is the traffic from VB? we are looking to rent a house in VB or Portsmouth. any idea how Portsmouth is? so far ive heard mixed reviews.

and no, no questions specifically regarding the powerpoint. I was just hoping to glance over them to see what the slides look like and to get an idea on the amount of info and what level of detail goes into the classes.

Thank you for the information. I'm married and have two pets so i'll be dragging my wife and the pets down with me. How is the traffic from VB? we are looking to rent a house in VB or Portsmouth. any idea how Portsmouth is? so far ive heard mixed reviews.

and no, no questions specifically regarding the powerpoint. I was just hoping to glance over them to see what the slides look like and to get an idea on the amount of info and what level of detail goes into the classes.
I would avoid Portsmouth if you can. It is easier to get to EVMS from Virginia Beach and I believe you'd have to pay a toll to get to school from Portsmouth (also VB is a better area in terms of safety, better restaurants, etc). You can message me if you need more information about where to live in VB or any information in general about the Hampton Roads area (I've lived here all my life :) !)

The PowerPoints differ depending on the class. Some are jam packed with tons of things you need to know, some are short. It really just depends. Sorry I can't be more helpful there.

I would avoid Portsmouth if you can. It is easier to get to EVMS from Virginia Beach and I believe you'd have to pay a toll to get to school from Portsmouth (also VB is a better area in terms of safety, better restaurants, etc). You can message me if you need more information about where to live in VB or any information in general about the Hampton Roads area (I've lived here all my life :) !)

The PowerPoints differ depending on the class. Some are jam packed with tons of things you need to know, some are short. It really just depends. Sorry I can't be more helpful there.

thank you, I will certainly send you a PM later on when we are ready to make the move down. That will be very helpful especially now that this COVID outbreak is making it really challenging to travel and being a new Yorker I would be quarantined for 2 weeks if I leave NY hah

thank you, I will certainly send you a PM later on when we are ready to make the move down. That will be very helpful especially now that this COVID outbreak is making it really challenging to travel and being a new Yorker I would be quarantined for 2 weeks if I leave NY hah
Sure thing just let me know. Stay safe, I hear things are crazy up there!

Thanks again for your help. Are there any research opportunities during this program?
Depending on your interests, you can probably find a project to do during the spring semester or during the summer. However, your performance in the program is crucial to getting accepted into the medical school so I wouldn't worry about trying to do research and spend that time studying to do well in your classes.

Also it looks like I have never shadowed a doctor per se. However I have clinical work experience, as an MA, Scribe, Testtaker scribe for doctors ...etc Can I keep this all under Medically revelvant/clincally shadowing experience?
Sorry I didn't see this yesterday. I think those are more medically relevant work experiences. If you don't have shadowing then don't include that as a section. I would say maybe start shadowing and put it as April 2020-current (2hr a week) or whatever you'd be doing but with COVID I think you should stay home, far away from the hospital and medical practices haha.

Thank you. I hope my work experience is better than me having shadowing experience. I am a non trad.

Sorry I didn't see this yesterday. I think those are more medically relevant work experiences. If you don't have shadowing then don't include that as a section. I would say maybe start shadowing and put it as April 2020-current (2hr a week) or whatever you'd be doing but with COVID I think you should stay home, far away from the hospital and medical practices haha.