Example of contributing to diversity...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vi0linm0nster

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently working on the secondary for UMass and they threw an odd curveball asking for a concrete example when you had contributed to the diversity of a group... I am having trouble understanding what that really entails and would appreciate any pointers or tips to things I can talk about?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently working on the secondary for UMass and they threw an odd curveball asking for a concrete example when you had contributed to the diversity of a group... I am having trouble understanding what that really entails and would appreciate any pointers or tips to things I can talk about?
Hint: it's not about ethnicity

Reactions: 1 users
Hint: it's not about ethnicity

But if you are URM, it is.

a concrete example when you had contributed to the diversity of a group... I am having trouble understanding what that really entails and would appreciate any pointers or tips to things I can talk about?

Have you ever been in a work group where you were the only...
man?
woman?
person under 30?
LGBTQ person?
straight person?
person of your race?
person of your religion?
person who was a native speaker of a language other than English?
person with experience living outside of the US?
person with experience living in a village of < 1,000 ?
person with experience living in a city of >1 million
person who had a specific skillset or knowledge base? (e.g. you were the only one who had knowledge of the local waters among a group on a fishing trip).

How did what you brought to the table contribute to the diversity of the group?

Reactions: 5 users