Excited and Afraid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms.lola.b

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
34 years old
BS in sports and health science 2.49 gpa, C (lack of effort due to divorce & guardianship of disabled mother, not intelligence, LOL!)

I've been a personal trainer for over 15 years and I've worked for healthcare supply chains and currently, at a hospital.

Found a school that accepts my gpa, just not a C-.

Been out of school for years. Now I'm attempting to qualify for pharmd school. Reviewed the prerequisites and there are quite a few classes (6) that I must take before even applying, as well as the PCAT. With these classes and me being in a better state of mind...I hope it can help my gpa.

It's so scary because everything seems so foreign. Suggestions? Thoughts?

I ordered Kaplan's PCAT book and hope to take the prerequisite courses this way: 1 main course, 1 elective. This can ease the pressure off of focusing on 2 hard courses at once.

I must still work full time. Work nights and it's slow enough for me to focus on my studies.

I just want to know if too far gone to go for something that I've wanted since I was 19.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I am also the same age as you. It didn't stop me.
Throw out that Kaplan book and pick up Collins to study PCAT.
Also not just the school you found, all of them won't take C-, at least in science class, and will ask you to retake it.

Reactions: 1 user
I am also the same age as you. It didn't stop me.
Throw out that Kaplan book and pick up Collins to study PCAT.
Also not just the school you found, all of them won't take C-, at least in science class, and will ask you to retake it.

What's your current status as far as pursuing your pharmd?

Members don't see this ad :)
You will need alot of work. And do good on your PCAT. Most school that takes the PCAT favors PCAT > GPA. Some admin address that they have students with graduating honors who do poorly on the pcat considering serveral pcat attempts which is a frown on while other students have poor gpa but a staggering high pcat showing great promising. Both have to balance out one another. To me what is morr embarassing is if I got honors but cannot do well on a standard test. That makes me feel that all my knowledge from undergrad is nothing. People will say they are not good test taker. If you not good test taker you shouldn't be honor student. I have a low gpa but a good pcat. I only applied to the umn top 2 in nation. I got in
I know friends with good gpa but bad pcat that did not get interview. So good luck.