Expected score vs. actual score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thecoolest47

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

May 25th scores should be up this week and I'm slightly scared.

The physical sciences section seemed really hard this time, even though I ranged between 11 and 14 on practice tests.

To people who have received their scores: did you leave the testing center thinking that you might have slipped up, and still ended up with a good score?

I retook the mcat because i got 12P/8V/13B/R last year. I think I am pretty strong with PS, but the test seemed really hard.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey coolest...what did you do to study the second time? I'm starting with a 33 too and want to move up. What did you use to improve? My verbal was a 9 and i want to move it up.

well I did verbal practice everyday for 3.5 months using EK/TPR/AAMC passages. I did standard reviewing for the other sciences since they didn't seem to be a problem last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I figure the one you felt the worst about will probably surprise you. if you felt that crappy, theres a good chance a lot of other people did too. this is where the curve should help. I hear the ones that you left feeling the best about often surprise you in the other way- others probably felt really good about it also, and there the cure can take you down.

this is all speculative. im just trying to find ways to justify my neuroses and calm myself down before i have an episode at 4:55pm Wednesday afternoon.

I figure the one you felt the worst about will probably surprise you. if you felt that crappy, theres a good chance a lot of other people did too. this is where the curve should help. I hear the ones that you left feeling the best about often surprise you in the other way- others probably felt really good about it also, and there the cure can take you down.

this is all speculative. im just trying to find ways to justify my neuroses and calm myself down before i have an episode at 4:55pm Wednesday afternoon.

Disappointed, but that is exactly wat happened to me. I thought that my PS was my crappier section compared to my BS but my scores were flipped.