Experience that starts after vmcas submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

johnsmith123

Oregon State c/o 2022
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I found a few similar threads but couldn't find anything specific to what I am looking for. I am planning on submitting my VMCAS in early August to give myself some extra time in case something goes wrong. I will be the president of a veterinary-relevant club starting in the middle of August, so this is before the official deadline. Is this something I can actually include for leadership experience? I know VMCAS is pretty strict that you cannot include future hours for vet experience, but I'm not sure if this is in the same boat because I will have already started my duties as of the official deadline. If I'm not allowed to put that down, I can still include it in my explanation or personal statement, correct?
 
I found a few similar threads but couldn't find anything specific to what I am looking for. I am planning on submitting my VMCAS in early August to give myself some extra time in case something goes wrong. I will be the president of a veterinary-relevant club starting in the middle of August, so this is before the official deadline. Is this something I can actually include for leadership experience? I know VMCAS is pretty strict that you cannot include future hours for vet experience, but I'm not sure if this is in the same boat because I will have already started my duties as of the official deadline. If I'm not allowed to put that down, I can still include it in my explanation or personal statement, correct?

If you've already started it, you can include. You'll just list it as an experience that is continuing.