This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJL2014

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm currently filling out the AADSAS and I had a question on the Experiences section. I have been in a few organizations where I was a regular member, and then took on leadership roles in those organizations. Should I specifically only highlight the times when I held leadership positions in those organizations?

For example, I was in an organization for three years, but only held leadership roles in that organization for one year. Should I indicate on the "Experience Dates" part only the duration I held leadership roles? I am worried that I am not using the three years' experience to full capacity.

If you guys think I should indicate the entire time I was in the organization, how should I highlight my leadership experiences in that organization? I tried listing them in the "Description/Key Responsibilities" but I feel like I am writing a short essay no one is going to want to read.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I'm currently filling out the AADSAS and I had a question on the Experiences section. I have been in a few organizations where I was a regular member, and then took on leadership roles in those organizations. Should I specifically only highlight the times when I held leadership positions in those organizations?

For example, I was in an organization for three years, but only held leadership roles in that organization for one year. Should I indicate on the "Experience Dates" part only the duration I held leadership roles? I am worried that I am not using the three years' experience to full capacity.

If you guys think I should indicate the entire time I was in the organization, how should I highlight my leadership experiences in that organization? I tried listing them in the "Description/Key Responsibilities" but I feel like I am writing a short essay no one is going to want to read.

Thank you in advance for your help!
I'm splitting the member part and leadership part as two different experiences. I feel its the only way to highlight both.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm splitting the member part and leadership part as two different experiences. I feel its the only way to highlight both.

Is that really a good option? I feel like that just wastes time of the dental schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)