This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JJL2014

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I'm currently filling out the AADSAS and I had a question on the Experiences section. I have been in a few organizations where I was a regular member, and then took on leadership roles in those organizations. Should I specifically only highlight the times when I held leadership positions in those organizations?

For example, I was in an organization for three years, but only held leadership roles in that organization for one year. Should I indicate on the "Experience Dates" part only the duration I held leadership roles? I am worried that I am not using the three years' experience to full capacity.

If you guys think I should indicate the entire time I was in the organization, how should I highlight my leadership experiences in that organization? I tried listing them in the "Description/Key Responsibilities" but I feel like I am writing a short essay no one is going to want to read.

Thank you in advance for your help!
 
Hey guys! I'm currently filling out the AADSAS and I had a question on the Experiences section. I have been in a few organizations where I was a regular member, and then took on leadership roles in those organizations. Should I specifically only highlight the times when I held leadership positions in those organizations?

For example, I was in an organization for three years, but only held leadership roles in that organization for one year. Should I indicate on the "Experience Dates" part only the duration I held leadership roles? I am worried that I am not using the three years' experience to full capacity.

If you guys think I should indicate the entire time I was in the organization, how should I highlight my leadership experiences in that organization? I tried listing them in the "Description/Key Responsibilities" but I feel like I am writing a short essay no one is going to want to read.

Thank you in advance for your help!
I'm splitting the member part and leadership part as two different experiences. I feel its the only way to highlight both.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad