Extrapedicular Vertebral Augmentation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just add to the fusion. Already ruined his spine. :)
Nevro when it doesn't work. Fusion after Nevro.
Abbott after fusion.
Dead.
So you’re saying I shouldn’t have chosen the option with the lowest pro fee?

Members don't see this ad.

Just add to the fusion. Already ruined his spine. :)
Nevro when it doesn't work. Fusion after Nevro.
Abbott after fusion.
Dead.
Say that again?

The Abbott and Nevro part...Not sure what you're saying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Update! No intervention was performed. Patient’s pain progressed significantly until new imaging was obtained:
46F45D31-4C35-4CB7-B879-967421A5E47C.jpeg108C6806-2CF5-45FA-8EE3-58C67545512C.jpeg
3E92B31D-AF65-4011-BBD9-EBADDEBE81AC.jpeg

And those are 2 weeks after original imaging below with original report:
ADDE32E0-6736-4C42-A6D4-119C48B9BBA8.jpeg
A45D9EF2-6F77-4647-B7E5-76FBC9CE3A8B.jpeg
Glad I didn’t do that transdiscal kypho! In retrospect I should have been more suspicious of that disc signal

Reactions: 1 users
Update! No intervention was performed. Patient’s pain progressed significantly until new imaging was obtained:
View attachment 366865View attachment 366866
View attachment 366867

View attachment 366868
View attachment 366870
Glad I didn’t do that transdiscal kypho! In retrospect I should have been more suspicious of that disc signal
Radiology could have tipped you off on disc signal. Chronic immunosuppression. Guess ESR/CRP could have been done. Glad somebody repeated the imaging. The initial set of films was an impressive in the second set clearly showed the answer. I’d like to know how the guy looked clinically.

His presentation is part of what threw me off. I thought that clinically, he looked like many other patients do with an acute compression fracture. He was obviously uncomfortable and tender to lumbar palpation. He did not appear ill, have neurologic signs, or any weird radiation of his pain. No fever/chills/etc. He could name the instant that his pain started, when he got up out of a chair and twisted a couple weeks before.

Reactions: 1 user
View attachment 366865View attachment 366866
View attachment 366867

View attachment 366868
View attachment 366870
I saw a similar thing a couple years ago. I think I posted it in the images thread too. Complicated by a pacemaker. Referred from a partner for possible kypho after CT and Bone scan read as concerning for acute fracture, but on CT the endplate looked very ratty to me - eroded, not compressed. Denied fevers/chills. CRP came back in the 30s.

Reactions: 1 user