f-1 visa issues:indian dentists edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the tooth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys
many of us here are plannin to join courses like mph ,mha etc to reach u.s so that we can appear for our nbde exams
so i thought why not start a forum to discuss the issues concerning this path to u.s
so post all info u could give to prospective candidates here

goodluck:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

hi

good u started this thread, i am a B1/B2 10year multiple visa holder i am thinking of applying directly for F1 from India, can anyone who has applied directly for f1 for DDS give any input

thank

post all info?? give any input??
I am familiar with the process. However, if you require infomation, then ask a specific question. Do not expect someone to do your homework for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks a lot guys for ur overwhelming response:D
i would like to begin the question and answer session myself!
  • i have to report to my school in 2nd week of august ,when do u think i should take a date for visa interview, i have already recieved my I-20?
  • i am a dentist but want to do mph,what would be my alibi at the interview for joining this course?
  • what all documents i need to prepare (especially financial documents) and i need to show how much money or fixed assets, should they be eual to my fee or do i need much more?
i think these are enough for now.
if any learned person could answer these i think it would be beneficial for all of us:)

waiting for ur responses !!
and plz ask more ques:cool:

Guys if any one has taken F1 visa for dds directly after their b 1/2 visa , can you tell me when you went to the interview did you show the whole fees money { including stay, laptop charges etc etc or just the college fees} in your bank account or is it possible to get the loan sanctioned from usa banks and show that papers during interview . coz showing the amount in indian rs will be like something close to rs 1 crore. and that is to much dont you think...:(:(
JUST CURIOUS to know coz then i will have to tell my dad to start saving a lot..:)

thanks a lot guys for ur overwhelming response:D
i would like to begin the question and answer session myself!
  • i have to report to my school in 2nd week of august ,when do u think i should take a date for visa interview, i have already recieved my I-20?

If you have an I-20 you are eligible to make an appointment at the embassy anytime you please. Go on their website and check the typical waiting time.

• i am a dentist but want to do mph,what would be my alibi at the interview for joining this course?

If you "want" to do MPH, you do not need an alibi. Tell them why you want to do it.

• what all documents i need to prepare (especially financial documents) and i need to show how much money or fixed assets, should they be eual to my fee or do i need much more?

Your I-20 will state the minimum finances you need to show. A margin of safety is advisable, but the size of the margin is your personal decision.

i think these are enough for now.
if any learned person could answer these i think it would be beneficial for all of us:)

waiting for ur responses !!
and plz ask more ques:cool:

wanted to know if we can apply directly for MPH program....wat is the criteria and which visa will be issued??

hi
i donot understand what u mean by "directly"?
but yes we can apply for mph
we need
  • gre
  • toefl
  • a health science background
  • some ask for gpa
and u are ready to send application ,u can apply for spring session now or next fall

hope this helps
tooth

hi guys
this question has always been on back of my mind and keeps popping on and off on to the battlefield!!
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM DURATION THAT WE NEED TO STAY IN OUR MPH COURSE BEFORE WE CAN TAKE A TRANSFER FOR DENTAL SCHOOL,ARE WE OBLIGED BY F-1 VISA TO COMPLETE THE COURSE OR WE CAN LEAVE AFTER COMPLETING 2 SEMESTERS ???:confused:

REPLY ASAP AND IN DETAIL
TOOTH

If you havenot been enrolled ina dental program which i assume you havn't since you can't have two I 20 's at one time , dropping out of your MPH will leave a very bad impression on your dental school faculty .....this has been a very commom route for the students in the past the schools and even the embassies know of it !!!!!

post all info?? give any input??
I am familiar with the process. However, if you require infomation, then ask a specific question. Do not expect someone to do your homework for you.

hi herodontist,
can u please tell me abt mha, which universities provide the program, requirements 2 apply for them. also abt any certificate/diploma in health administration available for foreign graduates. i greatly appreciate u r help.
thanks...
mars.

hi herodontist,
can u please tell me abt mha, which universities provide the program, requirements 2 apply for them. also abt any certificate/diploma in health administration available for foreign graduates. i greatly appreciate u r help.
thanks...
mars.

Sorry, I have no clue about MHA. Perhaps you haven't noticed that this thread is for F1 visa issues??

i came here in a f1 visa for mha at governors state university, (www.govst.edu) it is a two year program. if you take part 1 and get a good score in india, you should plan to come here in march/april as the application process for dental schools start during that time. if you get a dental admission there is no need to complete the program. you can get a fresh i-20 from the school that gives you admission and continue your education.

if you are plannning to take the part 1 here than plan to stay for an year atleast in the mha/mph program as you need at least 6-8 month of preperation for part 1 and then another 3-4 months for applications.

best option is to take the part 1 in india and come

if you want info on mha, i know a school-it is govenors state university-www.govst.edu. they have a two year program. if you are planing to come here for dental admission first study well for part 1 and you should be ready to take the exam as soon as you come to usa. then it will be easier.

i am sorry prepare well in india and come to take part 1 here-that is waht i meant