Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

FA and waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by c33, May 11, 2002.

1. c33

c33 Member
    7+ Year Member

I just received the FA forms for Finch, but i'm still on the waiting list for NYMC. Should i fill out the FA right away for Finch, since they used to tell us that FA needs to be filed as soon as possible so the funds wouldn't be used up (at least for undergrad)? Is this true for med school as well?

or should i wait until i hear from NYMC (if rejection), before filing FA for Finch? would i be COMMITTING myself to Finch by filing FA for them?

thanks for any advice.

2. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think you should fill it out for Finch ASAP. I heard that even after you are awarded financial aid, it carries over if you switch schools. It's always better to get things in early. :)

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Financial aid does NOT committ you to anything! Fill it out and get it mailied TOMORROW!

4. c33

c33 Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks Dra. Foxy and none. i'll take your advice and start on them right away :)

5. trouta

trouta Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Financial Aid does NOT transfer from school to school. Each school makes independant offers depending on their population. Just b/c you were offered one type of loan at a school does not mean you will get that loan at another school.

However, you should fill out those forms ASAP and get them back. Even after you sign promissory notes for loans etc. you can still get out of them to go to another school (up until the funds are dispersed).