FAIL-->PASS NBDE II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkrosie88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to share my thoughts about NBDE II. I took part 1 at the end of our first year, I walked out of the exam thinking that I failed but I passed the exam. I walked out of part 2 the first time being very confident that I passed however I failed with a 74. I was really bummed and couldn't understand how that happened, but honestly I would like to say that these exams are all luck based. It really does come down to a 50/50 shot when you don't know the answer to a question. I got unlucky and failed. 74 is only a few questions off from passing with a 75. Anyway, I got my stuff together and just restudied again for a month after clinic everyday and took it again. I walked out the first day thinking it was a bit harder but definitely doable. My second day was a joke, I literally was like when will it get hard. I walked out thinking the exam was easy again, but I got scared because I thought my first experience was also very easy. I tried to forget about the results for two weeks, until I checked last week to see that I passed. Phew, that is a relief. DMD here I come. If I can give any advice it is just to know your stuff and study mental dental. Take notes as needed and dive deep into subjects you do not understand. This exam is not all about memorizing the facts but more about understanding the concepts and trying to manage the right answer among all the choices they give you. There were some questions that were ridiculously hard to the point where I was like I do not know what you are asking but then there was also some questions where I was like LOL. This is a question? There was also a lot of stupid questions on this exam too. For example I got a question about Dentinogenesis Imperfecta and some general characteristics about it. One option was it causes blue sclera and another option was obliterated pulps. I was like you are kidding me right haha, these are both characteristics. Anyway, good luck to everyone taking it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Also failed on my first attempt!Any tips regarding study material other than mental dental? Thank you for your time.