NBDE II - breakdown on how to pass

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just want to pay it forward.

Time spent studying: 18 days (3-6 hours per day)

Materials:
MentalDental (did not touch the Ortho section) - viewed every video once and made my notes on them
Tufts Pharm (only got through the first 20 pages out of the 45+) - made notes on questions I got wrong
BoardsMastery (only did around 800 questions - I think they have 1,200) - made notes on questions I got wrong

I felt like I could/should have studied more but I was burned out coming straight off of multiple final exams. I was debating postponing and regrouping but decided to just take the damn thing and get it over with.

The actual exam was shockingly easy. I kept expecting the questions to get harder in the next batch but that never happened. I think since they are introducing the INBDE, they have stopped changing the NBDE II as the exam is on its way out.

I finished Day 1 in 4 hours and Day 2 in 2.5 hours. Day 1 - I skipped the 15 min breaks but took the 30 min break. Day 2 I went no breaks.

Also took the CDCA ADEX DSE OSCE which was very straightforward and found out that I passed that immediately.
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Materials:
MentalDental (did not touch the Ortho section) - viewed every video once and made my notes on them
Tufts Pharm (only got through the first 20 pages out of the 45+) - made notes on questions I got wrong
BoardsMastery (only did around 800 questions - I think they have 1,200) - made notes on questions I got wrong

I felt like I could/should have studied more but I was burned out coming straight off of multiple final exams. I was debating postponing and regrouping but decided to just take the damn thing and get it over with.

The actual exam was shockingly easy. I kept expecting the questions to get harder in the next batch but that never happened. I think since they are introducing the INBDE, they have stopped changing the NBDE II as the exam is on its way out.

I finished Day 1 in 4 hours and Day 2 in 2.5 hours. Day 1 - I skipped the 15 min breaks but took the 30 min break. Day 2 I went no breaks.

Also took the CDCA ADEX DSE OSCE which was very straightforward and found out that I passed that immediately.
Good luck!

Similar experience to me. Finished the test ridiculously quickly and barely took any breaks using the same material.

What did you use for the CDCA? Want to get that done in the next week or two.

Reactions: 1 user
@Incis0r Did you feel like you 100% knew the answer or were making your best guess? Congrats on passing!

for Part 1, i felt like i had to guess on every question. Im taking part II in November and haven't started studying yet

Materials:

Good luck!

Did you guys feel like mental dental has enough information to pass?

Members don't see this ad :)
Similar experience to me. Finished the test ridiculously quickly and barely took any breaks using the same material.

What did you use for the CDCA? Want to get that done in the next week or two.

Congrats. For the CDCA ADEX DSE OSCE, my upperclassman had given me a few study guides she made. That and the info from NBDE prep was enough.

@Incis0r Did you feel like you 100% knew the answer or were making your best guess? Congrats on passing!

for Part 1, i felt like i had to guess on every question. Im taking part II in November and haven't started studying yet

I'd say I confidently knew 70% and gave my best guess on the rest.

Did you guys feel like mental dental has enough information to pass?

Yes - I didn't look at Decks or at Mosby's.

Materials:

Good luck!
Do you remember what your percent correct score was on the mastery app? How was the Pharm? I feel very week on pharm and have heard mixed things from classmates.