Failed NBDE part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USDentist2be

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Unfortunately recently failed NBDE part 2 having studied excessively for the exam! Any tips about study materials for my revised study schedule would be greatly appreciated? Planning to sit the exam again in 3 months.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
Unfortunately recently failed NBDE part 2 having studied excessively for the exam! Any tips about study materials for my revised study schedule would be greatly appreciated? Planning to sit the exam again in 3 months.

Thanks

Hey USDentist2be,

I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience with part 2. I know how hard these exams are and hopefully can encourage you by letting you know your previous experience taking the test can only help you succeed next time.

I can tell you a few materials I found helpful, but what sections did you seem to struggle with the most? Was it Endo, Path, OS?

One resource I strongly recommend is BoardsVitals.com. They have about 1600 questions, all very high yield with detailed explanations. I personally studied those questions through and through and found it very helpful.

For pharmacology, there is a resource out there called Tufts Pharmacology. Someone put together a resource from Tufts University that has very relevant questions and explanations for pharm.

There’s also Tufts Oral pathology too. Very high yield. I can’t find it off hand, but do some google searching and you can probably find it.

Last, Mental Dental videos on YouTube. VERY HIGH YIELD. Look up mental dental part 2 NBDE. That is a great place to find lots of high yield concepts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi PreDentTechySon,

Pharmacology and Path were problem sections for me! I will look into those resources you mentioned.Thanks for the advice,much appreciated.

Hey that website
One resource I strongly recommend is BoardsVitals.com. They have about 1600 questions, all very high yield with detailed explanations. I personally studied those questions through and through and found it very helpful.

Hey, that site BoardsVitals.com doesn't seem legit for me. It doesn't have anything for dental or NBDE 2? Will try the other resources mentioned though. Thanks for posting.