Failed TX MPJE 3 times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aethia

Reaction score
I got a 74 all 3 times. I used the Ultimate TX MPJE and read it a few times and I used pharmacy exam.com

Any tips??

Members don't see this ad.

I passed Texas with an 85. I would make sure you're remembering the different types of pharmacies and their categories. When you're only missing by one point, there's something specific you're not remembering. I failed TN once with a 74. I went back and re-read the laws and had missed a rule about controlled substance refills from nurses, which I know I had guessed wrong when I took the test. I retook it and scored high 70s the second time around.

I went back and studied and I think I figured out what questions I missed. But still terrified of taking it again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went back and studied and I think I figured out what questions I missed. But still terrified of taking it again.
I would suggest going on the Texas State Board of Pharmacy website and read the PDF version of the rules at least 2 times at minimum and do the reading of the rules on a laptop or computer because those very rules should help you connect with the purple guide book more. I’d also highly suggest reading the DEA pharmacist manual too because it’ll help with the controlled substances part of the MPJE. I just recently took my MPJE twice so far and I‘d say never give up and do your best and make sure you save up enough money for any retake that you plan to do. Oh and definitely use Quizlet for flashcard reviews of the purple book. As for the purple book, read it 2-4 times at minimum and write out everything you understand from it and then make your own practice questions from what you read so that you can anticipate how the real MPJE will be. But hey, you got this

Last edited:
I studied for TX MPJE for 2 weeks using the Ultimate Guide, but I felt like I hardly knew many of the questions on the exam today. I'm freaking out waiting. The more I recall questions, the more panicked I get because I know I missed a bunch of questions. The waiting game is the worst! Any positive feedback or encouragement in worst case scenario & other study tips greatly appreciated. Just wanted to see how you studied differently!

I studied for TX MPJE for 2 weeks using the Ultimate Guide, but I felt like I hardly knew many of the questions on the exam today. I'm freaking out waiting. The more I recall questions, the more panicked I get because I know I missed a bunch of questions. The waiting game is the worst! Any positive feedback or encouragement in worst case scenario & other study tips greatly appreciated. Just wanted to see how you studied differently!

No worries dude - the true nightmare begins when you actually pass the NAPLEX….

It has only begun…

Reactions: 1 user
I passed Texas with an 85. I would make sure you're remembering the different types of pharmacies and their categories. When you're only missing by one point, there's something specific you're not remembering. I failed TN once with a 74. I went back and re-read the laws and had missed a rule about controlled substance refills from nurses, which I know I had guessed wrong when I took the test. I retook it and scored high 70s the second time around.

What resources did you use for TX and TN? I need to get both by end of year. I haven’t studied for an MPJE since 2018

Same here im licensed in cali but reciprocating to texas. What materials are you using?
Well I'm not taking the Texas MPJE yet. I gotta take the maryland one first.
But from my research I feel like if you look over the DEA pharmacist manual and the ultimate texas guide I feel like that should do it.
Is it really that hard the Texas mpje?