FAMU 2020 Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All the transfer letters have been sent out.

I inquired her about my application and they recieved all my paper work...but they did not select me. So I am just letting you guys know. Good luck everybody!!!
Wow that means they did not select me either. That is crazy you had such a solid GPA too HVT.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hvt tell me this is an April fool joke....wow, you really got some good credentials in hand. I wonder what type of application you submitted.
 
Hvt tell me this is an April fool joke....wow, you really got some good credentials in hand. I wonder what type of application you submitted.

Nope not a joke; I called and ask Nancy Brown. I should have asked her the reason so that I could improve it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, a friend recommended this website, it is great! I had my interview last week, it was not great but not terrible either. I definitely felt the pressure. It's funny because I did a lot of preparation for the interview, and felt confident but nothing can prepare you for the real deal. They are very serious...understandably so though as it is an competitive program. I didn't think I would stumble in the interview..but alas, i did! Overall it was a good experience! Many questions were similar to those that were posted in the forum, just worded differently. I am excited, and nervous about hearing back from them!

Did everyone who had an interview already do a tour?
 
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, a friend recommended this website, it is great! I had my interview last week, it was not great but not terrible either. I definitely felt the pressure. It's funny because I did a lot of preparation for the interview, and felt confident but nothing can prepare you for the real deal. They are very serious...understandably so though as it is an competitive program. I didn't think I would stumble in the interview..but alas, i did! Overall it was a good experience! Many questions were similar to those that were posted in the forum, just worded differently. I am excited, and nervous about hearing back from them!

Did everyone who had an interview already do a tour?
I didn't have a tour which I thought was strange because I know some other had a tour.
 
I didn't have a tour which I thought was strange because I know some other had a tour.

Okay that makes me feel better, because I didn't have a tour either. But like you, I also heard other people got tours. It was probably dependent on whether they had people available to show you the school at that time though... At least I hope lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay that makes me feel better, because I didn't have a tour either. But like you, I also heard other people got tours. It was probably dependent on whether they had people available to show you the school at that time though... At least I hope lol.
I'm sure that was it. 🙂
 
Hi everyone! I've been reading the thread and it is very helpful! I'm excited as well, I received my invitation for an interview via email Friday, March 14th and my last name begins with an R. It does look like they are going in alphabetical order by last name. I am a transfer student from Texas and my interview is April 7th (my birthday :soexcited:) at 9:30am...not sure if that was the best decision considering the intense interview, but at least it'll be memorable...I guess :nailbiting:! Patience is key and I wish everyone the best!

Happy B-lated Birthday!!! How did your interview go? 🙂
 
Happy B-lated Birthday!!! How did your interview go? 🙂
Thank you!! I feel exactly how you feel. I prepared and everything, but nothing can prepare you for their stern faces and blank stares. The interview wasn't terrible, but it wasn't my best and the writing sample was a surprise. Even though the questions were similar they were different and the mistake I made was trying to make my ready-made answers fit their questions. I'm nervous about it, but I hope for the best. Good luck to you!
 
Thank you!! I feel exactly how you feel. I prepared and everything, but nothing can prepare you for their stern faces and blank stares. The interview wasn't terrible, but it wasn't my best and the writing sample was a surprise. Even though the questions were similar they were different and the mistake I made was trying to make my ready-made answers fit their questions. I'm nervous about it, but I hope for the best. Good luck to you!
It's funny that you say that because that's the exact mistake i made also...I was so focused on what answers I had prepared..that I was thrown off somewhat when the question couldn't be answered with my prepared ones. At least it was a learning experience! I can't quit thinking about it! Lol. Well it sounds like you did great though!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone in this forum...can't wait for the end of April when we hear back!
 
Did anyone else have the interview today? I did mine today and it went ok....some questions that I answered could have been more eloquent but overall it went well. There was a health fair so it was very busy. They told me they have interviewed about 300 students already! One of the pharmacy students that was there told me that acceptance letters will be via email and that it should be around the end of April and early May
 
Did anyone else have the interview today? I did mine today and it went ok....some questions that I answered could have been more eloquent but overall it went well. There was a health fair so it was very busy. They told me they have interviewed about 300 students already! One of the pharmacy students that was there told me that acceptance letters will be via email and that it should be around the end of April and early May

300 students ? Wow lol
 
Did anyone else have the interview today? I did mine today and it went ok....some questions that I answered could have been more eloquent but overall it went well. There was a health fair so it was very busy. They told me they have interviewed about 300 students already! One of the pharmacy students that was there told me that acceptance letters will be via email and that it should be around the end of April and early May
Holy cow 300?! Did the people interviewing you say that?
Because I heard something different from one of the current pharmacy students...they said this years pool was smaller than last years....like 220ish total.
Ugh stressful Lol.
 
Holy cow 300?! Did the people interviewing you say that?
Because I heard something different from one of the current pharmacy students...they said this years pool was smaller than last years....like 220ish total.
Ugh stressful Lol.

It was one of the professors that does interviews that mentioned it to me...he said this year they have had more interviews than ever before because of the new campus. That is a lot considering there are only 170 seats for the program!
 
Just wondering, does FAMU require accepted students to deposit an amount of money to secure their seats ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Again, the tour was optional. I had a Good Samaritan (student ambassador) who walked around with me. We visited few places (classrooms, lecturing halls, cafeteria, library, e.t.c ) since I had to report back to the airport in time.
 
Hmmmm "sighs" ........I wonder if anyone knows the exact date they are going to start sending the emails out.
I'm thinking it will probably be the end of this month. I was looking at last years cycle feed and the first one got their acceptance letter on April 24th. I just want to say GOOD LUCK to everyone! I know everyone has worked really hard for this and I hope you all get in! I'm going to take a break from this forum until I hear anything for the sake of my nerves! Until then I hope everyone just lives to the fullest and don't let this consume you! Everything happens for a reason! Again, GOOD LUCK!!!!!