FAMU College of Pharmacy 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was told after my interview that about 100 students had been interviewed. I interviewed on the first day, so I assume that the 100 came from their pre-pharm program. I was also told that a 100 more would be interviewed. So based on what I was told and what you guys are saying, we can see that out of 200 students 180 will be accepted.

Na they only interviewed 50 pre pharmacy students

Members don't see this ad.

Well that seems like pretty good odds to me if it's correct.

Rx2015 - Samford, and Sullivan, and a interview left at UF if this one doesnt go so hot.

How was your sullivan interview? i applied there, i have a pretty good gpa, experience, applied early, but they didnt call me, i was so mad at them. by the way good luck on ur UF interview.

How was your sullivan interview? i applied there, i have a pretty good gpa, experience, applied early, but they didnt call me, i was so mad at them. by the way good luck on ur UF interview.

It was good standard questions, I am pretty decent at interviews since I do them fairly regularly in my current job. Thanks for the good luck, hopefully the FAMU thing goes well and i wont have to do this anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
Na they only interviewed 50 pre pharmacy students

I was told 100 by Mrs. James. So maybe 50 new pre-pharmacy students and 50 old ones. Because when I spoke with the p1 students during the tour, they told me that about 50 of their friends from the pre-pharm program last year were attempting to get into the pharmacy program this year. Unless Mrs. James misspoke and the only students applying this year were the old students who didn't get accepted the first time.

I was told 100 by Mrs. James. So maybe 50 new pre-pharmacy students and 50 old ones. Because when I spoke with the p1 students during the tour, they told me that about 50 of their friends from the pre-pharm program last year were attempting to get into the pharmacy program this year. Unless Mrs. James misspoke and the only students applying this year were the old students who didn't get accepted the first time.

Oh ok and i am only aware of the present pre pharm and idk about the ones that didn't apply last year and ok then that's good then so 100 pre pharm n 100 transfers

They will ask you questions about yourself and what you wrote on the application. They might intimidate you a bit, but be confident.

did they ask you the same questions that ziggy posted? What was intimidating about the interview?

Well it seems like this time around we as transfers have a better chance of getting into FAMU COP, anyway two more weeks of interviews, I will be doing mine next week & then we will all be waiting to see who get in....

did they ask you the same questions that ziggy posted? What was intimidating about the interview?

My interview is next week so for all the people who did their interviews already anymore heads up about it, thanks....

Well it seems like this time around we as transfers have a better chance of getting into FAMU COP, anyway two more weeks of interviews, I will be doing mine next week & then we will all be waiting to see who get in....

The p1 students told me this was the case last year. They said a lot of students in their classes are transfer students. I am just happy we have a greater chance of getting accepted.

For people who are asking about the interview, review the questions that are posted here, know your personal statement, and just be confident. That's it. Good luck

So the interviews end the 2nd to last week of April? if so i wonder how long we have to wait for a response back.

So the interviews end the 2nd to last week of April? if so i wonder how long we have to wait for a response back.

Hmm. If you get a chance at your interview please ask them. My friend who interviewed there 2 days ago said he was told he would hear back "soon"...

Mrs. James told me 3 weeks, but I can't remember if she said 3 weeks after I interviewed, or if she meant 3 weeks after all the interviews were complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm. If you get a chance at your interview please ask them. My friend who interviewed there 2 days ago said he was told he would hear back "soon"...

Mrs. James told me 3 weeks, but I can't remember if she said 3 weeks after I interviewed, or if she meant 3 weeks after all the interviews were complete.

They told me that it would be sometime around the end of the month :)

They told me that it would be sometime around the end of the month :)

That makes sense. I actually checked the 2015 Famu page and saw they had gotten their acceptance letters around the end of the April as well. Thank you for letting us know. :thumbup:

If they are fast enough last week of April or First week of May because the last day of school for this semester in FAMU is April 27th

If they are fast enough last week of April or First week of May because the last day of school for this semester in FAMU is April 27th

So for the letters to be mailed out I heard that some of the pre-pharm students at FAMU are still doing Org I and some will be doing Org II in the summer so I guess they will send out letters after the end of the semester when students grades are in...

Hopefully they are as prompt as some of you say, i need to know if,when, and where i'll be moving. LOL.

So for the letters to be mailed out I heard that some of the pre-pharm students at FAMU are still doing Org I and some will be doing Org II in the summer so I guess they will send out letters after the end of the semester when students grades are in...

Yea you are right about that

I know there were two different women in my interview, but I can only remember Mrs. James

Why do you guys say your interviews went horrible? Did you guys not answer the questions? Give details. I think mine was fair.

I can't speak for anyone else. In my case FAMU is my #1 school. I wanted to walk in there with my A+ game. I do not feel I gave my all during the interview. The questions were not hard, but when you are sitting there and four people are looking at you it is a bit intimidating. I started off pretty good, but towards the end I got interview fatigue (if there is such a thing). I walked out of there like "man, I should have said that instead." So, I feel I didn't do as well as I could have because I didn't end as strong as I started.

I wish I did my interview on the last day now. That way I wouldn't have so long to wait LOL

Last edited:
I can't speak for anyone else. In my case FAMU is my #1 school. I wanted to walk in there with my A+ game. I do not feel I gave my all during the interview. The questions were not hard, but when you are sitting there and four people are looking at you it is a bit intimidating. I started off pretty good, but towards the end I got interview fatigue (if there is such a thing). I walked out of there like "man, I should have said that instead." So, I feel I didn't do as well as I could have because I didn't end as strong as I started.

I wish I did my interview on the last day now. That way I wouldn't have so long to wait LOL

I heard all the talking about who did poor at the interviews and to be honest a lot of students who did their interviews last year and say they did poorly got accepted into FAMU COP and the others that say they did great they place them on the waiting list I'm not sure why but I know the blog was on here...

I know there were two different women in my interview, but I can only remember Mrs. James

Well my interview is this week and I am praying that I get the best interviewers and that they are in a good mood just thinking about it makes me a bit nervous, but hopefully I can do ok, and also if the stat that is posted on here is true then most of us who did interviews hopefully we can all get in...That is if the stat is true about 200 interviews 30 going to Crestview, 50 from FAMU pre-pharm that is 80 already, leaves another 120 where 100 will be chosen from this leaves 20 :sleep::sleep: then whoever gets into other pharmacy schools and whoever didn't pass Orgo II from FAMU pre-pharm and whoever decline to go to Crestview then it is a better oppertunity for the other 20 seats thats left, (REAL TALK), hopefully we all can get in because I only applied to Famu Cop...

I heard all the talking about who did poor at the interviews and to be honest a lot of students who did their interviews last year and say they did poorly got accepted into FAMU COP and the others that say they did great they place them on the waiting list I'm not sure why but I know the blog was on here...

I noticed that in the 2015 thread as well. I also overheard a famu pharmacy student telling her friend that she did horrible at her interview, but still got accepted. It just goes to show that the interview is only one part of the application process and not the overall deciding factor. If we were able to see the overall stats of the people who got accepted vs those who were placed on the waiting list a lot of us wouldn't be as worried.

Good luck with your interview this week.

I noticed that in the 2015 thread as well. I also overheard a famu pharmacy student telling her friend that she did horrible at her interview, but still got accepted. It just goes to show that the interview is only one part of the application process and not the overall deciding factor. If we were able to see the overall stats of the people who got accepted vs those who were placed on the waiting list a lot of us wouldn't be as worried.

Good luck with your interview this week.

Yeah you know thats right and thanks much as it relates to my interview, I appreciate it, hopefully I can do ok and get in...

Goodluck to everyone during their interview this week n next and just go in with confidence and walk out with confidence too and the key here is not to break down while you are inside the interview room, but you can breakdown in the bathroom or on your way home lol. All the best and make sure you review the questions i posted and also review your personal statement. GOODLUCK!!! And trust me the questions are not difficult just basically personal concept questions but being on the hot seat with 4 people staring at you and waiting for you to say something is the nerve cracking part, but all the same you can do it :)

Goodluck to everyone during their interview this week n next and just go in with confidence and walk out with confidence too and the key here is not to break down while you are inside the interview room, but you can breakdown in the bathroom or on your way home lol. All the best and make sure you review the questions i posted and also review your personal statement. GOODLUCK!!! And trust me the questions are not difficult just basically personal concept questions but being on the hot seat with 4 people staring at you and waiting for you to say something is the nerve cracking part, but all the same you can do it :)

LOL you said it better than I did. While in the waiting room, my heart felt like it was going to pound out of my chest. I said a prayer, text message friends and that helped calm me down a lot. Once inside of the interview, they asked me questions similar to what you posted here. Other questions I was able to answer just by knowing what I wrote in my personal statement. Good luck to you though. I have a feeling you will get in (knock on wood)... :xf:

LOL you said it better than I did. While in the waiting room, my heart felt like it was going to pound out of my chest. I said a prayer, text message friends and that helped calm me down a lot. Once inside of the interview, they asked me questions similar to what you posted here. Other questions I was able to answer just by knowing what I wrote in my personal statement. Good luck to you though. I have a feeling you will get in (knock on wood)... :xf:

lmao and i know the waiting room i almost died waiting till they called me and omg i dont even wanna talk about my experience lol and i already did mine and i pray we both get in (knocking harder on that wood) lol

my interview is this thur!! who is interviewing that day??

I interviewed on the 31st of March at FAMU. One of the ingredients I took along with me was self confidence. In all my responses, I just answered the questions from Mrs James with confidence, assertiveness and a smile to go along with it. One can never tell what could possibly make or break an interview. Confidence will never sell you out. I actually arrived an hour early and it even surprised Mrs James. Hopefully, she read that as an indicator of how much I want to return to my alma matter to attend pharmacy school.

Just think if you are the interviewer, what would you want from your candidate to say? What will be your opinion if someone just tell you they will go to another program instead?

Take for instance you are going for a job interview at CVS and they ask you what would you do if you don't get the job and you say oh i will apply at Walgreens and the interviewer in their mind would be like i don't think she really have passion to work with us oh well i will give someone else the job besides she has an alternative to apply to walgreens and you want to sell yourself to the best of your ability and let them know Famu is your number 1 and your top most priority except it isn't, basically tell them what they want to hear and also be HONEST. Honesty is key. Just go in knowing you are going to get accepted and walk out like you already got your acceptance letter. Wish you all the very best. KNOW YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT AS YOU KNOW YOUR LIFE HISTORY :)

lmao and i know the waiting room i almost died waiting till they called me and omg i dont even wanna talk about my experience lol and i already did mine and i pray we both get in (knocking harder on that wood) lol

Thank you... This wait is killing me LOL... So glad next week is the last week of interviews. Hopefully, they make their decisions the following week and then we find out... LOL it would be nice if we get a phone call, but I know we have to wait on the mailman. Does anyone know if the acceptance letter will come as certified letter?

For those who haven't interview yet, know the questions posted earlier and what you put on your statement, mine interview was not bad because i was prepared if your not i can see how it's intimidating. They just ask question after question after question and are 100% serious the entire time. Some of the other interviews i have done were less "formal"

For those who haven't interview yet, know the questions posted earlier and what you put on your statement, mine interview was not bad because i was prepared if your not i can see how it's intimidating. They just ask question after question after question and are 100% serious the entire time. Some of the other interviews i have done were less "formal"

Do they ask you exact same question that ziggy uploaded? ( thnx to ZIGG). or do they change here and there? also, can you tell me the diversity of the college of pharmacy? my interview is wednesday coming up. any other tips you want to give us. how many people interview you? was the interview like, they want to know about me or is the stuff more like whats going on in the pharmacy world? how should i prepare myself?:scared::scared::scared::scared:

Do they ask you exact same question that ziggy uploaded? ( thnx to ZIGG). or do they change here and there? also, can you tell me the diversity of the college of pharmacy? my interview is wednesday coming up. any other tips you want to give us. how many people interview you? was the interview like, they want to know about me or is the stuff more like whats going on in the pharmacy world? how should i prepare myself?:scared::scared::scared::scared:

The questions are similar to what ziggy posted here. If you know those, your personal statement, and walk in and out of the interview room with confidence you will do fine. LOL I know you guys are nervous, but everybody that has had an interview keep saying the same 3 things I just said... Oh, you can have anywhere from 2-6 people interviewing you. Assume the worst (6 people) and hope for the best (2 people). Good luck

Yep. LOL you really feel like you are in the hot seat. I was able to break that 100% "seriousness" though. I made them laugh at least 4 or 5 times :smuggrin:.

How many people interviewed you...

Yep. LOL you really feel like you are in the hot seat. I was able to break that 100% "seriousness" though. I made them laugh at least 4 or 5 times :smuggrin:.

Better than me i only got about 3-4 laughs, I had 2 interview me.

after they tell you the interview has concluded and you get to ask questions it's like switch goes off and they are way more friendly.

I totally forgot to ask how long it would be until we heard back, did you get that?

The questions are similar to what ziggy posted here. If you know those, your personal statement, and walk in and out of the interview room with confidence you will do fine. LOL I know you guys are nervous, but everybody that has had an interview keep saying the same 3 things I just said... Oh, you can have anywhere from 2-6 people interviewing you. Assume the worst (6 people) and hope for the best (2 people). Good luck

I did my interview this week & I think I did ok, most of the questions were similar to what was on here also I had four interviewers 9.30 in the am & I hope I get in I was so nervous at the beginning but I just try to answer the questions truthfully & I think I did ok, it wasn't really the best but hopefully I will get in I also did a tour of the college of pharmacy & it was exciting & interesting...

Better than me i only got about 3-4 laughs, I had 2 interview me.

after they tell you the interview has concluded and you get to ask questions it's like switch goes off and they are way more friendly.

I totally forgot to ask how long it would be until we heard back, did you get that?

I actually ask a question similar to that & was informed that after all the interviews are completed they will then make the desicions & the desicion letters will be mailed out after all the applicant paper works are reviewed....

I had four interviewers but I wish I had say more I was just giving short responses & the questions kept coming but I think I spend about 20 mins in the interview, there was one person before me & he was in there for about 35 to 40 minutes don't know why...

We wont get our acceptance letters till first week of May for those people that were asking

How did you make them laugh lol they were dead serious!!