FASFA and parent info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghm

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you have to include parent info FASFA makes it seem like all medical students need to--is that true?

Members don't see this ad.

For most schools, yes. Even if one school doesn't require it on FAFSA, another school will, so you might as well do it and get it over with. The ones that don't will require it on their own forms. Get used to providing it over and over again. The parental info will only be used for a shool's own loans/grants/scholarships, so it can't hurt you to provide it. The feds will ignore it in calculating your EFC.

yes you do! I am married and I still had to include it! However, I believe that if you are considered independent, your parents info doesn't matter as much...hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
A good majority of schools will require it. The school I am going to does not, and since my partents make a good enough amount of money that I won't be eligible for any special scholarships, I am not bothering to put it.

If you know where you are going, give the school a call and ask. Otherwise, I would just go ahead and include it. It won't hurt you any--you are considered independent regardless.

just a friendly reminder that a nice chart around page 83 of the MSAR says whether or nor schools request parental info, as well as deadlines. :)