favorite/worse P1 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChemAngel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In your first year of pharmacy school, what was your favorite class and what class could you have been happy to be without? Why?

Members don't see this ad.

ChemAngel said:
In your first year of pharmacy school, what was your favorite class and what class could you have been happy to be without? Why?

There was no favorite class. I hated them all. But I hated Biotstat the most.. which I use more today than..other classes.

Ditto. I hate them all too. However, this quarter I might have a favorite: Pharmacy Calculations. Seems like finally there will be an easy A in Pharm School...too bad it's one credit hour!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I've enjoyed most of my classes thus far. The class I enjoyed the most (and worked the hardest in) is Physiological Basis of Disease I and II. The class I hated (not so much the class as much as the professor) was Biochem. The professor was awful!!! I also didn't like Pharmacy System and Resources a stupid busy work class! Other than that I've really enjoyed most of my classes because I feel that I'm doing exactly what I was meant to and that's a great feeling!

Trancelucent1 said:
Well I've enjoyed most of my classes thus far. The class I enjoyed the most (and worked the hardest in) is Physiological Basis of Disease I and II. The class I hated (not so much the class as much as the professor) was Biochem. The professor was awful!!! I also didn't like Pharmacy System and Resources a stupid busy work class! Other than that I've really enjoyed most of my classes because I feel that I'm doing exactly what I was meant to and that's a great feeling!

U enjoyed most of your classes? geek..

Now.. Pharmacy System and Resources...that sounds interesting.. really. :thumbup:

ZpackSux said:

Now.. Pharmacy System and Resources...that sounds interesting.. really. :thumbup:

And you sound like one Tri-pak short of a Z-pak....Really! :thumbup: :laugh:

Trancelucent1 said:
Well I've enjoyed most of my classes thus far.
I've enjoyed the majority of my classes too... I've wanted to go to pharmacy school for a long time and I (unlike some of my classmates) still really appreciate being here. (how's that for being a geek? :laugh: )

My favorite class is Pharmacology... it's definitely the hardest, but I've learned so much!

My least favorite class is law/ethics.

Caverject said:
And you sound like one Tri-pak short of a Z-pak....Really! :thumbup: :laugh:

What da heck is a Tri-Pak? ReallY?

Did not like Immunology, liked biochem. :D

ZpackSux said:
What da heck is a Tri-Pak? ReallY?

TripackSux is your younger brother? Really?

Sosumi said:
TripackSux is your younger brother? Really?

I don't have a younger brother..but if I had one, it would be "Healthpointsux" manufacturer of accuzyme and panfail.... voodoo medicine.

Drug information systems was my worst class ever

Biopharmaceutics/Pharmacokinetics :thumbdown: :(

ZpackSux said:

No. No it wasn't. Hands down, that was the worst class for the material (in fact it really had nothing to do with pharmacy systems and if you actually needed it for the resources then you probably weren't a functioning person in society to start with) and Biochem had the worst professor. I'm just glad they didn't allow him to teach PSR.

Since I really wanted to go into pharmacy school. I really enjoy the majority of my classes. What often ruins it for me is the way the handle the subject matter and/or the teacher's attitude.

My favorite class so far is pharmacodynamics. It has always been a pleasure to study for that class...and I enjoy talking about it to my classmates. Just the way the medications work in the body, is fascinating to me. And the order in which to dispense the medications, sometimes brings out alot of conversation as well.

Whether I'm a nerd or geek...I think a little bit of both :rolleyes: . But if I didn't like a subject it would be impossible for me to study it

The class that I disliked the most...are actually 2 classes for 2 different reasons.

1. Biochemistry- though I was a chemistry major and took two classes before...I still deem this the class I hated. It was mostly because so many of my classmates had an unfair edge...making the teacher THINK he was teaching properly...when they weren't (they were 4 teachers teaching this class too). Many people had old exams and that is what they used to study...making this one hard when one didn't have anything to go on...like me....I'm just happy I passed!

2. Drug info- What a waste of my classtime. But I think what really makes me hate this class is our instructor. A pharmacist going into law school...he is always dissing the pharmacy profession (tickle me pink...but is that not exactly the BEST thing to be doing in a pharmacy class?). Which pisses me off. :mad:

I'm proud of my profession...and if you have a problem with it....keep it to yourself! I could go off about how I value lawyers...doesn't me I am stupid enough to diss them AS I'm teaching their class....geez

Biochem....hands down. I hate and continue to hate this class.

MUSC P1 courses:
Fall- biochem, anatomy, intro to drug information, calculations/med terminology, pharmacy care lab, drug delivery systems I (pharmaceutics)

I hated anatomy b/c the professor sucked. He taught histology, not anatomy and he spent most of each class insulting us (saying the dental students were so much more superior to us usually). The best was probably calculations and terminology- it was easy and somewhat fun.

Spring- med chem I, immunology/biotechnology, drug delivery systems II, physiology, professional experience unit I (3 1-month rotations- 1 in community, 1 in hospital, 1 in clinical)

I really don't liked immunology b/c it is boring, but med chem is probably the hardest. physiology is 7 credit hours, which sucks. I really like PEU 1- my rotations have been awesome (mostly due to my awesome preceptors).

Hmm right now...

While trying to stay awake, the class I dislike the most is Drug Delivery, mainly bc the material is so dry and our prof is like 28, has no teaching exp, and blazes through pwr point slides. Sometimes I feel Pwr Pt is the worst teaching aid, I hardly take notes anymore!

Hmm last qtr class I hated the most: Histology...it just sucked, teachers were condescending and not good lectures.

Fall Qtr-- hated my pharmacy practice class the most. Just disorganized, too much info, prof was irritating.