Fee wavier application!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Californian

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i want to apply as many school as i can (max 30) but financially im not that great! for my undergraduate application I did the fee waiver applicaton so i did not have to pay for the application. how is med school application like? is it the same way? if yes, up to how many school do i get fee waived?

Members don't see this ad.

The AMCAS fee waiver gives you up to 13 schools for free on your primary application. You can apply for more than that, but you have to pay the $30 per school for the extra ones. In addition, if you qualify for that waiver, most schools will waive your secondary fees as well. Theres a few exceptions, but I don't know them offhand...

thank you!! ur reply so fast! additional after 13schools are 30bucks per schools? that's it? wow.. how do I verify that i am eligible for fee waiver?

Members don't see this ad :)
ecard.jpg

thank you!! ur reply so fast! additional after 13schools are 30bucks per schools? that's it? wow.. how do I verify that i am eligible for fee waiver?

basic qualification is that the applicant's family must earn 300% or less of the federal poverty level, federal poverty level is avialable online, depends on number of persons in the family.

And regardless of dependant/independant status, (and regardless of number of years that the applicant has been independent) parents' income is included in the decision if one qualifies for FAP or not; if applicant is independent and parents live in a separate residence, both applicant AND parent must both earn 300% of federal poverty level or below. (rules may differ if applicant has dependant status, not sure about this)