Feel like I have a problem cause I’m always worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohmanwaddup

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was always super stressed in pre clinicals, then even more stressed and anxious during boards.

I thought clinicals would be different but I go home each day more and more anxious. Am I getting a good education, am I engaged enough to be learning something. Is there some glaring deficiency that no one has told me about.

I read into every little thing my preceptors do, every sigh or comment, every time I miss pronounce something, my brain goes into full overdrive on why I’m just a garbage piece of **** student.
I’m tired of feeling like this. I’d like to feel some measure of confidence no matter how small it is, I just don’t know how to obtain it.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I was always super stressed in pre clinicals, then even more stressed and anxious during boards.

I thought clinicals would be different but I go home each day more and more anxious. Am I getting a good education, am I engaged enough to be learning something. Is there some glaring deficiency that no one has told me about.

I read into every little thing my preceptors do, every sigh or comment, every time I miss pronounce something, my brain goes into full overdrive on why I’m just a garbage piece of **** student.
I’m tired of feeling like this. I’d like to feel some measure of confidence no matter how small it is, I just don’t know how to obtain it.
Contact your school's counseling center.

Practice mindfulness techniques

Ask for advice from your M4s as to how they coped. Also get advice from trusted clinical faculty advisors.

You can do this!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Have you sought out any help? Seeing a therapist was one of the best thing I did during medical school

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For me it was working out, I basically would lift my stresses away.

Reactions: 2 users
I feel the exact same way! I've been using my school's counseling service since first year. It has helped a lot!

Reactions: 1 user