Jul 15, 2015
My gpa finally got verified, and while I got a 21AA 21TS on the DAT, my science GPA is 3.4 and overall is 3.5. My science GPA really makes me anxious, even though I did improve throughout my undergrad and got better grades in higher biology courses. Do I have a chance?

Last edited:

RamsFan1991

NYU College of Dentistry, Class of 2019
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2014
United States
Status
Dental Student
My gpa finally got verified, and while I got a 21AA 22TS on the DAT, my science GPA is 3.2 and overall is 3.47. My science GPA really makes me anxious, even though I did improve throughout my undergrad and got better grades in higher biology courses. Do I have a chance?
You can't have that kind of attitude applying to dental school, as someone that didn't get accepted until May, it will tear you apart if you don't have faith in yourself. Your DAT makes up for your sGPA (mine was 3.32), so you will definitely have a chance at interviews. An upward trend on your sGPA/oGPA only looks good. What schools did you apply to? You may want to add a couple depending on your list.

BetaHelix

5+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
SDN does not represent the entire spectrum of applicants.
You have a better chance than you think.
This is absolutely true. SDN represents a slim majority of all applicants. Take what you can here but also take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: jlim1131

BetaHelix

5+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
If you apply deep I would bet you have a much better chance than what you think. We all support you!

Reactions: cyx634904
Oct 8, 2015
TUSDM
Status
Dental Student
Seems like pretty normal matriculation stats (application submission date, GPA, and DAT) to me -- I'd say you're good to go. DAT scores weigh more over your school GPA since the DAT is standardized and comparable across all applicants.

Reactions: petalutha