Feeling Discouraged. Chance me please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

petalutha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My gpa finally got verified, and while I got a 21AA 21TS on the DAT, my science GPA is 3.4 and overall is 3.5. My science GPA really makes me anxious, even though I did improve throughout my undergrad and got better grades in higher biology courses. Do I have a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Decent chance. When did you e submit ?

Members don't see this ad :)
SDN does not represent the entire spectrum of applicants.
You have a better chance than you think.

Reactions: 6 users
My gpa finally got verified, and while I got a 21AA 22TS on the DAT, my science GPA is 3.2 and overall is 3.47. My science GPA really makes me anxious, even though I did improve throughout my undergrad and got better grades in higher biology courses. Do I have a chance?

You can't have that kind of attitude applying to dental school, as someone that didn't get accepted until May, it will tear you apart if you don't have faith in yourself. Your DAT makes up for your sGPA (mine was 3.32), so you will definitely have a chance at interviews. An upward trend on your sGPA/oGPA only looks good. What schools did you apply to? You may want to add a couple depending on your list.

Reactions: 1 users
SDN does not represent the entire spectrum of applicants.
You have a better chance than you think.
This is absolutely true. SDN represents a slim majority of all applicants. Take what you can here but also take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 user
If you apply deep I would bet you have a much better chance than what you think. We all support you!

I didn't see this until now, but thanks guys! I actually have gotten two interviews. I'm really surprised to say the least.

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like pretty normal matriculation stats (application submission date, GPA, and DAT) to me -- I'd say you're good to go. DAT scores weigh more over your school GPA since the DAT is standardized and comparable across all applicants.